June 10-12 TSSAA Meeting

DonCChatt

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you quit before you gave up?

Canes' you are once again very quick with your sarcasm. I suspect you are from a school that has a definite tie directly with the community, and one where funding is a bit easier to gain from that very identifiable source. That is an ideal situation and one which makes it very easy, or at least easier to raise funds. Or if in a more affluent area, to find private funds to build a fieldhouse, etc. That is a very good situation, even enviable. Not all schools are that fortunate however. Even the athletic atmoshere will vary. Basically, I doubt that you know what anyone's efforts have been in this area in the support of soccer. So, any suggestions are appreciated but the innuendo is not.

Actually, you are quite far from the mark. We started with nothing but a ever growing number of parents who (1) not only cared, but never stopped knocking on doors and taking no for an answer (2) who put a tremendous amount of volunteer man hours in not only when they had children in school but after as well and (3) we live in a community that worships baseball, not soccer.

On the other hand, this post is filled with "why we can't" and " why we don't have" and they seem to arrive all too quickly. In other words, how many people have actually took the time and effort to actually pursue this? Only then will you realize that my response was likely accurate. It is also my hope that it may initiate some positive activity for the children.

Did St. Jude join TMSAA?

We are in the ISC (Indep. School Conference), and my understanding is that the middle school rule never applied to us anyway, it did affect CCS. Baylor, etc....I has heard it allowed them to play now, but have not seen an official 'word' yet...

Slightly off topic, but I have heard that the TSSAA also has revamped the "MIDDLE SCHOOL RULE" regarding select and school soccer....any clarification ?

When/how did they "revamp" the rule? We went through the ringer with this one 2 seasons ago.

When/how did they "revamp" the rule? We went through the ringer with this one 2 seasons ago.

I believe they may be allowing private schools to be exempt from the policy...Again, I have just heard thios via local club talk, and have not seen anything official for the state..

I believe they may be allowing private schools to be exempt from the policy...Again, I have just heard thios via local club talk, and have not seen anything official for the state..

Why would private schools be exempt and public schools not? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> And what is the current policy?

Why would private schools be exempt and public schools not? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> And what is the current policy?

Amazingly, I agree with you on this one (gasp!). The rule, I believe, that he is referring to, is that you cannot play for your middle school AND on a club team in the same season.

Amazingly, I agree with you on this one (gasp!). The rule, I believe, that he is referring to, is that you cannot play for your middle school AND on a club team in the same season.

I was aware that you could not play club while you were playing school ball. I thought maybe the numbers had changed on how many players from the same club a school team could have.

We are in the ISC (Indep. School Conference), and my understanding is that the middle school rule never applied to us anyway, it did affect CCS. Baylor, etc....I has heard it allowed them to play now, but have not seen an official 'word' yet...

Maybe CCS, Baylor, Notre Dame,....Middle schools joined ISC?? That way their players could play both at the same time.

I was aware that you could not play club while you were playing school ball. I thought maybe the numbers had changed on how many players from the same club a school team could have.

Maybe CCS, Baylor, Notre Dame,....Middle schools joined ISC?? That way their players could play both at the same time.

I am just waiting to hear what the POLICY really is....lots of hear-say, but no documents/sources...anyone, anyone, Bueller ?

I am just waiting to hear what the POLICY really is....lots of hear-say, but no documents/sources...anyone, anyone, Bueller ?

Reviewing the TSSAA guidelines, which near the end is also the guidelines for Middle School (MSAA) [http] there are specific exemptions listed. In my reading, since there is no requirement for a team roster to be sent in, and there is no 'end of season' requirement, it looks like a middle school student can still play on an independent team, and the middle school team. And that also only applies if your middle school is a member of the MSAA..and not all choose to do so.

Reviewing the TSSAA guidelines, which near the end is also the guidelines for Middle School (MSAA) [http] there are specific exemptions listed. In my reading, since there is no requirement for a team roster to be sent in, and there is no 'end of season' requirement, it looks like a middle school student can still play on an independent team, and the middle school team. And that also only applies if your middle school is a member of the MSAA..and not all choose to do so.

That must have been changed, then, because they told us that we could not do both. We had to drop out of the TMSAA so that the kids could participate in both independent and MS teams. Even though there is no sanctioned TMSAA middle school soccer league in Knoxville, they say you can't do both. I don't understand it.