1. Franklin

2. Brentwood

3. Centennial

4. Hillsboro

5. Overton

6. Ravenwood

7. Independence

8. Hillwood

Franklin will easily run away with the district this year with young, starnes, and kegarise leading the way. Brentwood in my opinion is favored second because of their inside presence with teichmann and outside presence with hood. Centennial is right here solely because of Drew Kelly. With no supporting cast around him, i don't see them doing better than third in the district. Hillsboro and Overton are pretty much similar teams and will fight for fourth and fifth place in the district but you never know these teams. With the loss of Darrell Miller of Hillsboro, i don't see as much threat anymore out of this team. Ravenwood will think they can win this district but with your only player graduating last year they will only be pretenders in this district. Independence will struggle a lot this year with losing their best shooter and debated best player in consiglio. I don't see them doing any damage at all this year. And last but not least is the one and only Hillwood. I don't need to say anything about this team because it is understood. All in all, I can't wait for this season in 11-AAA basketball.

Also, i'm going to go ahead and predict my state finals. I think Franklin will make it to The Boro but i predict the finals as a clash between an East and West Tennessee teams in Bearden vs. White Station. Joe Jackson and Demonte Simpson should be a great match-up.

what makes franklin so good is their outside shooting.. they have so many outside shooters that its a rare occasion when none of them are hitting. Brentwood has a good inside game with kyle teichman who has over the summer worked more on his midrange to outside game and also good outside shooting with david hood. Centennial has drew kelly and that alone will win alot of games.. also looking for an outside presence of some kind to step up. Hillsboro lost most of their best players from last year but have some good underclassmen coming up. Overton will more than likely play their and1 basketball they played last year and should surprise a few teams. Ravenwood lost keith morris and should play solid ball throughout the year but i cant see them upsetting anyone. Independence has blake carden back and in my mind was their best player.. but i dont see anyone else on that team as a threat. and Hillwood will be consisently bad all year.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My predictions:

1. Franklin: Returning almost all of their key guys from last year. An experienced team that is dangerous everywhere on the court.

2. Centennial: Whether or not someone else steps up will determine if they will challenge Franklin

3. Brentwood: Alot of good talent returning. Very good defensive team

4. Hillsboro: Lost their two leading scorers, but still a good core of players returning

5. Independence: They could be a sleeper this year, depending on who steps up

6. Ravenwood: Should be a rebuilding year after losing their two best players.

7. Overton: Always seems to show promise, but can never carry momentum

8. Hillwood: Alot of work to do.

Very interesting comments so far!

Franklin definitely stays on top this season with everyone returning and Haddix improving quite a bit. I haven't seen Brentwood or Overton this summer, so I don't know if CHS will be No. 2, 3, or 4, but should be pretty tough with the Kelly/Williams duo. Mixer is not returning to CHS. Hillsboro is still pretty decent even after losing their best players, and looks to me like Indy is on top of Ravenwood.

Just my observations. . .

Very interesting comments so far!

Franklin definitely stays on top this season with everyone returning and Haddix improving quite a bit. I haven't seen Brentwood or Overton this summer, so I don't know if CHS will be No. 2, 3, or 4, but should be pretty tough with the Kelly/Williams duo. Mixer is not returning to CHS. Hillsboro is still pretty decent even after losing their best players, and looks to me like Indy is on top of Ravenwood.

Just my observations. . .

Who is this Williams kid your talking about? and why isnt Mixer returning to CHS?

and indy has some pretty solid guards coming up this year so i agree with them over ravenwood

Well I wouldn't consider williams to be that much of a threat offensively.. But he played solid defense.. and I'm dissapointed ben mixer is leaving.. He was a great kid and player

Very disappointed to see Ben leaving (this is the first I've heard of it). He was a hard-working kid and and overall great guy to be around. Wish him the best wherever he ends up.

As for Travis Williams, he's an upcoming senior who has shown some good promise over the past two seasons. He basically stepped into the role Lamont had two years ago. Solid defensively with constantly improving offensive skills. If everything goes well this could be a breakout year for him.

Very disappointed to see Ben leaving (this is the first I've heard of it). He was a hard-working kid and and overall great guy to be around. Wish him the best wherever he ends up.

As for Travis Williams, he's an upcoming senior who has shown some good promise over the past two seasons. He basically stepped into the role Lamont had two years ago. Solid defensively with constantly improving offensive skills. If everything goes well this could be a breakout year for him.

No offense to williams but I don't see anyone filling the role lamont had.. When he was on there was no one in the district that could guard him

ok so the rumor was true and kegarise is leaving franklin.. taking away one of.. if not the best shooter in the district from the franklin squad. just curious but now that kegarise is gone who is the most dangerous 3pt shooting threat now

I'd say Michael Young.

Interesting to see how this loss plays out. Franklin always held the "Reload rather than Rebuild" mantra, but that is a HUGE loss for the Rebels.