Sequoyah

dumdum

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SKS received a call last night from a "bench" player from a rival school (to be unnamed for now). He and two others are considering transferring to Sequoyah and are meeting at "conditioning" this evening for a tour of the our facility and to talk to other players and whichever coaches are there (Coach Satterfield is on a preplanned vacation this week). The boy he spoke to is home-schooled and says he runs a 4.7 40. Don't know if the other 2 are home schooled, but supposedly have speed also. One of them is a former Vonore Little League player. They are considering this move because "they just want to play football" and are willing to work really hard to be given the opportunity.

Will let you all know how it goes when he comes home. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

SKS received a call last night from a "bench" player from a rival school (to be unnamed for now). He and two others are considering transferring to Sequoyah and are meeting at "conditioning" this evening for a tour of the our facility and to talk to other players and whichever coaches are there (Coach Satterfield is on a preplanned vacation this week). The boy he spoke to is home-schooled and says he runs a 4.7 40. Don't know if the other 2 are home schooled, but supposedly have speed also. One of them is a former Vonore Little League player. They are considering this move because "they just want to play football" and are willing to work really hard to be given the opportunity.

Will let you all know how it goes when he comes home. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Any word on hiring Asst. Coaches? Who is opening weight room if Coach Satterfield is on vaction

I heard it was Jesse Ray who went to Central and never played his freshmen yr, then he had a kid and went home schooled... He did go play in vonore in little league for a yr or two.. And he does not run a 4.7.. But hopefully he gets to play some where his senior yr.

Any word on hiring Asst. Coaches? Who is opening weight room if Coach Satterfield is on vaction

I have heard there has been at least one assistant hired. A Connors, don't know the first name. Came highly recommended. Sources say he is young and played three years at Maryville College. Do not know of any others, maybe someone else does. My guess is Mr. Connors will be in charge of weight room. Does anyone know any numbers of how many showed up tonight? Good Luck Chiefs, hope everything is behind you and nothing but brighter days lay ahead. You guys deserve it. Way to perservere, it WILL pay off.

I have heard there has been at least one assistant hired. A Connors, don't know the first name. Came highly recommended. Sources say he is young and played three years at Maryville College. Do not know of any others, maybe someone else does. My guess is Mr. Connors will be in charge of weight room. Does anyone know any numbers of how many showed up tonight? Good Luck Chiefs, hope everything is behind you and nothing but brighter days lay ahead. You guys deserve it. Way to perservere, it WILL pay off.

SKS reports that there were about 36 there tonight, including the key players who were undecided and the 3 possible transfers. There are still a few non-starters who have not come back out yet. Coach Connors is coaching offensive and defensive lines, at least for now.

Apparently they worked on a different offense today. Does anyone who was there tonight or has talked to Coach Satterfield in the last 2 weeks have any idea what he is thinking and why he would change what was working?

Does anyone who was there tonight or has talked to Coach Satterfield in the last 2 weeks have any idea what he is thinking and why he would change what was working?

Im not so sure that what we did on offense last year should be called "working". Im glad that someone is at least considering a change. Sounds good to me.

GO CHIEFS!

From what I have been told Jim Sharp is in charge while Satterfield is gone. I know coach S. is going to have a hard time finding Asst. coaches on such short notice. But i really hated to hear this name back on the coaching staff.

SKS reports that there were about 36 there tonight, including the key players who were undecided and the 3 possible transfers. There are still a few non-starters who have not come back out yet. Coach Connors is coaching offensive and defensive lines, at least for now.

Apparently they worked on a different offense today. Does anyone who was there tonight or has talked to Coach Satterfield in the last 2 weeks have any idea what he is thinking and why he would change what was working?

Wasn't it posted earlier that he was going to stay with the offense and defense from last year but as the team progressed, he would start to make some changes with some new plays and possibily a new offense? I think it was posted earlier on this thread, maybe one of the other threads. IMO he may have to make the change because of the talent level. Not putting anyone down, don't get me wrong, its just that certain schemes work better with certain talent, and he may see something that warrants a change.