Lewis County

In 12 3A and 4A they do play each other?

Yes sir, LC will play the other 7 teams in their district every year, just as they do now. There will of course be the 3 other at-large games, bringing the total to ten.

The two top finishers in the district get automatic playoff berths. It is my understanding though that the top 3A finisher will also get a playoff bid.

Let's say the first year Marshall and Page are 1-2 in the district, and LC wound up ahead of the other 3A schools (let's say 5th on district). Marshall and Page would head to the 4A playoffs, while LC would go to the 3A playoffs.

Now, if LC or any of the 3A schools were to finish in the top two, ahead of the 4A, (let's say LC and Page are 1-2) then they would be the only automatic qualifiers.

There are going to be some at-large playoff bids awarded every year, but it will depend on how each district shakes out that will determine these.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like the year after this lewis county will have there hands full......but anyways who are the outside backers ging to be for lewis county and what about inisde..when lewis county played bruceton in the spring tenison,jones and sherman all rotated i noticed that tenison could read really well and has good speed ,for the other to i noticed sherman can cover alot of ground and isnt afraid to come up and make a play,also jones looked like he could read the play a little bit better than sherman,but those 3 all had good games,as for the inside mathis had a good game,along with hinson,the only thing bout hinson is his size in the middle..he might weigh 150 but he will knock you out....he hits like he's 225 pounds......whats everyone else's thoughts

sounds like the year after this lewis county will have there hands full......but anyways who are the outside backers ging to be for lewis county and what about inisde..when lewis county played bruceton in the spring tenison,jones and sherman all rotated i noticed that tenison could read really well and has good speed ,for the other to i noticed sherman can cover alot of ground and isnt afraid to come up and make a play,also jones looked like he could read the play a little bit better than sherman,but those 3 all had good games,as for the inside mathis had a good game,along with hinson,the only thing bout hinson is his size in the middle..he might weigh 150 but he will knock you out....he hits like he's 225 pounds......whats everyone else's thoughts

I've got to agree,Hinson doesnt realize his size,so he's not afraid to stick his nose in it with the big boys. He's extremely explosive,and everyone I have talked to says he's bulked up a little,so if he can get his reads down and a little confidence built up he'll be alright.He and Mathis should be your starters on the inside.I feel like its will be a shootout for the outside position it'll comedown to whoever wants it more and works the hardest.I've got to give the edge to Sherman and Tenison,but I feel like Jones will get alot of playing time because of Tenison going both ways.One thing you can bet on, there will be alot of fresh faces on the feild this year.I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

yes i have also heard hinson has bulked up.......if he ever gets in the 180 range he is a gunna be a tackleing ,machince out there.......i also agree with you on who will be on the outside...Tenison and Sherman both have great speed and it would be hard for teams to go outside because of there speed and strength..they also arent afraid to come up and ,make a play,i could see jones gettin sometime at fullback this year because of mathis going both ways...he had a good game against bruceton here.... we will soon find out come next week when they start practice and come time for them to start there scrimmages again...good luck panthers....anyone know who the cornors and safty will be???

what about the line i havent heard anything about them???

The offensive line looks extremely promising.For your tight-ends you should have Nathan Couch,Maddison Carroll,and Brett Reddman.Your tackles should be Mason "Stovepipe" Sharp,and Shane Greve.Gaurds, still not fully decided, but looking to be Caleb "Fido" Fiechtinger,and Matt "Vinella" Villareal.Also, switching in alot should be,Tyler Hinson,Dylan "Fish" Crews,and Desi "The Legend" Ammons.Finally at center,you should have Paxson Spears,Josh Trull, or a combination of the two switching in and out.Thats really about all i know. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Fuel costs spur TSSAA realignment

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

[because of] rising fuels costs, the TSSAA adopted a new realignment plan at its Board of Control meeting last Wednesday.

http://www.marshalltribune.com/story/1437704.html

The Z-Plan, which won by a slim 5-4 margin, will take effect affect in the 2009-2010 season.

Football was the only sport definitively discussed and approved at the meeting, but softball, baseball, basketball and volleyball are expected to be approved under the same plan in August to ensure common district opponents in the five sports.

Class AA

District 11: 3A -- Cheatham County, Fairview, Harpeth, Stewart County, Waverly; 4A -- Creek Wood, Montgomery Central

District 12: 3A -- East Hickman, Hickman County, Lewis County, Loretto; 4A -- Giles County, Marshall County, Page, Spring Hill

Teams would qualify for the playoffs in the following manner:

One half of the teams in each group (6A, 5A) in each district are automatic qualifiers (Example: four teams, two automatic qualifiers; six teams, three automatic qualifiers; three teams, one automatic qualifier; one team, no automatic qualifiers)

Teams finishing 1st or 2nd in the district are automatic qualifiers. Wild cards are based on TSSAA tiebreakers.

The 32 teams are then placed geographically in four quadrants with eight teams in each quadrant in 6A, 5A, 4A and 3A. In 2A and 1A there are six in each quadrant with the top two seeds drawing a bye in the first round.

The eight teams (6 in 2A and 1A) are placed in the bracket so that no teams from the same district play each other in the first round except when there are five or more teams from the same district.

Placements are then done with priorities given to automatic qualifiers based on their district finish followed by Wild Cards. There may be times where teams have to be placed other than their order of district finish to avoid teams from the same district meeting in the first round.

The team with the higher seed will host throughout the first three rounds. In the semifinals, the top team in the bracket will host in odd years and the team in the bottom bracket will host in even years. (Exceptions: If the two teams are from the same district, the higher-finishing team in district standings shall host.) (TSSAA June Board of Control minutes)

Getting way ahead of myself here I know but it would be great if Cheatham Co. vs Lewis Co. took place in the playoffs from 2009-2012. It was a very good region game for two years in 2003-2004 but it was short lived when Cheatham Co. had to jump back up to the current 3A (667 students). Harpeth, Fairview, Waverly Central, & Stewart Co. are all teams that Lewis Co. could play in the postseason under the "Z-Plan". All of those teams have at some point been in the Panthers region over the course of the last decade.

The old rivalries are coming back in another year and I love it!!! I certainly am not going to miss having to drive down I-65 South in Friday evening traffic in order to get to Marshall Co., Giles Co., Spring Hill, & Page.

The offensive line looks extremely promising.For your tight-ends you should have Nathan Couch,Maddison Carroll,and Brett Reddman.Your tackles should be Mason "Stovepipe" Sharp,and Shane Greve.Gaurds, still not fully decided, but looking to be Caleb "Fido" Fiechtinger,and Matt "Vinella" Villareal.Also, switching in alot should be,Tyler Hinson,Dylan "Fish" Crews,and Desi "The Legend" Ammons.Finally at center,you should have Paxson Spears,Josh Trull, or a combination of the two switching in and out.Thats really about all i know. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

sounds like a pretty good line

sounds like a pretty good line

Yea and very big and strong..buti ahve heard rumors that fido is suppose to be the starting guard because of is work he put in over the summer..... as for thew cornors and safty it'll be crowell for sure at safty and lawson at the other cornor for sure...it will be a fight for a spot on the other cornor side between sparkman and wright....from what iver gathered id should end up like this

Qb-Kane Crowell(Starter)4 Year Starter

Qb-Lathon Vaughn(backup)Good Speed

Hb-Jake Tenison(Starter)Great Speed

Hb-Andrew Lawson(Starter)Great speed

Hb-Caleb Sherman(A Great Back Up) Determined Runnner Will Fight For Yardage

Fb-Colton Mathis(Starter)Tough Runner

Fb-Austin Jones(Another Great Backup)Good Vision

Wr-Eric Wright(Starter)Good Hands

Wr-Boyd Crofton(backup) Hard Worker

Te-Nathan Couch(Starter)Big And Powerful

TeMatt Carrol(backup)Hardheaded

Lg-Caleb Feichtinger(Starter)Gives 100%

Rg-Matt Vannalia(Starter)A Bull Strong

C-Willie"The Big Man"Frazier(Starter)Very Big And Powerful

Rt-Mason Sahrp(Starter)Fast Storng Determined

Lt-Shane Greve(Starter)A Monster

And As For the defenses it should be as followed

Fs-Kane Crowell

Cb-Andrew Lawson

Cb-Darshay Sparkaman

Lb-Colton mathis

Lb-Tyler Hinson

Olb Or As The Call It "Panther" Lollb-Jake Tension

Old Or As They Call It Strong Safty Rolb-Caleb Sherman

Re-Nathan Couch

Le-Matt Carrol

Dt-Willie Frazier

Dt Shane Greve

this would be a hard defense to run of because you have sherman and tenison on the outside and teams would have trouble because they are both hard noised and are very very quick...and the middle is just so big and the mlb's are big time hitters and our secondary all have good hand and great speed...thia is how i heard the d was going to look and this is how i think it should look