Who's the best?

Guest TheAfterMath

Guest TheAfterMath

Who is the best hamilton county 14 year-old all star that plays 2nd base and is 5'9 weighing 160 wearing number 20 along with reebok cleats (hightop, nonetheless)and three gold chains with a cash-money pendant on two of them and an N-SYNC pendant on the third?

Obviously that isn't a real question. I'm just getting tired of people getting on here and saying things like "Who's the best 14 year old smith county all-star?...offense, defense, all around, 2nd baseman" Answers to questions like those are so limited and the people that make them are obviously either players on that team hoping someone will say their name, or parents of players. Just play the game and don't get caught up in hoping someone brings your name up on a question that only has a few possibilities for answers.

[Edited by TheAfterMath on 7/26/02 11:32A]

Guest Fungo

Your comments are indicative of a number of posts in the past. More often than not, the person asking the question is looking for someone else to mention a specific player's name. The person asking the question could be that player or the parent of that player. I don't look at it as some one bragging, but someone wanting to know where the player stacks up against other players. Probably the best way to find out how you stack up is to go to a showcase that draws players in from other areas. Many that claim to be good, or at least think they are good, are cautious about "putting their reputation on the line" for fear of failure, but that is the only way to find out.

On the other side of the coin I think there are players that are better than they realize. These boys need to do something that will allow their talent to be seen by coaches and scouts. Again, going to a showcase will allow this to happen. A lot of high school coaches are not big promoters of showcases because it allows someone else to take the credit for a player's success.

Just my opinion

Fungo

[Edited by Fungo on 7/26/02 8:30P]