Practice, practice, practice

SequatchieBowler17

The high school bowlers of Tennessee come in all shapes, sizes, and talents. Every year, we see a lot of good bowlers become great, and lots of new bowlers who have great potential. If you've worked on your game over the summer and straightened out some kinks in your form, post it here! Let us know just how much time you've put into becoming a better bowler!

The high school bowlers of Tennessee come in all shapes, sizes, and talents. Every year, we see a lot of good bowlers become great, and lots of new bowlers who have great potential. If you've worked on your game over the summer and straightened out some kinks in your form, post it here! Let us know just how much time you've put into becoming a better bowler!

i kinda want a new ball i have a total nv rite now and want something like that maybe a little more hook... any suggestions?

i kinda want a new ball i have a total nv rite now and want something like that maybe a little more hook... any suggestions?

If you wanna stick with Ebonite then I would go with what Big Money said NVD. However, I've heard great things about tracks Uprising ball very clean and smooth with plenty of hook, if you don't have the hook in OOB condition that you desire than take it down to 2000 abralon and that should be money. I will be throwing one at tracks demo day Aug 20th at Holiday Bowl Hixson I will post my thoughts on it then. Good luck hope the new ball brings you many of honor scores.

I have practice with my spare ball Ebonite Tornado all summer. The ball is low end and a weak cover stock will make you have to throw a good shot every time. It makes me create good timing, and release, and make adjustments to be able to carry. I think it has paid off. I've thrown my high end ball in the summer league and average 219 on a house shot that had open bowling and birthday parties on the lanes all day before leagues.

I have practice with my spare ball Ebonite Tornado all summer. The ball is low end and a weak cover stock will make you have to throw a good shot every time. It makes me create good timing, and release, and make adjustments to be able to carry. I think it has paid off. I've thrown my high end ball in the summer league and average 219 on a house shot that had open bowling and birthday parties on the lanes all day before leagues.

i think im just going to get my ball resurfaced... u think thats a good idea?

If you want your ball to hook more, try getting the oil soaked out of it at your local pro shop. Then, have it resurfaced and sanded gradually until it has acquired the hook potential you seek. Once you've done that, make sure that you clean the ball every time you go bowling with some kind of cleaner to remove the dirt and oil from within the ball's surface. It doesn't seem like it would make a difference, but it does. This is just a suggestion. Hope it helps!

H'mmm yeah, I would give it a try just start your surface on the ball on the light side and work down till you get your desired reaction. Just remember Ebonite balls are high Maintenance if they are not cleaned and maintain on a regular basis their coversocks will die on you. I highly suggest buying some micro-fiber towels at any automotive store and wipe the oil off the ball every first ball you throw.Then second buy a bottle of Ebonite clean & Dull cleaner and clean your ball every week with it that should stop alot of that oil absortion and dirt build up in the pours of the ball. However, I still would keep saving those pennies for a new ball the last thing you want is a ball losing it's reaction come tournament time. Good luck keep us posted how it works out.