Farragut 1 - CAK 1

Karns 1 - Lenoir City 0

Skills competition:

40 Yd. Dash: Katie Proud, Webb HS

Juggling: Meagan Wamsley, Halls HS

Place Kick: Lauren Brewer, South-Doyle HS

GK Punt: Megan Buzzeo, Farragut HS

Throw-In: Caitlin Cody, West HS

It's great to see the large number of schools participating, and I like the idea of the skills competiation, but since playing in a jamboree costs you 2 of your pre-season games, the fact that you only got 2 scrimages seems like it wasn't worth it. Jamborees should give you 3 or 4 games, IMO.

It's great to see the large number of schools participating, and I like the idea of the skills competiation, but since playing in a jamboree costs you 2 of your pre-season games, the fact that you only got 2 scrimages seems like it wasn't worth it. Jamborees should give you 3 or 4 games, IMO.

According to my AD, you are allowed to play in one jamboree each preseason but it does not count against your scrimmage total.

TSSAA definitions:

Scrimmage--2 teams playing a full game,

Playdate(not the official TSSAA term) playing multiple teams on the same date, this counts as two scrimmages

Jamboree--allowed in one per season, two 20-minute periods only and does not count against scrimmage totals. Jamborees are defined on the TSSAA website and must meet certain requirements.

I may be mistaken on this but I know I have seen this information on TSSAA.org and my Athletic Director (who has been doing this since 1982) explained how it works.

According to my AD, you are allowed to play in one jamboree each preseason but it does not count against your scrimmage total.

TSSAA definitions:

Scrimmage--2 teams playing a full game,

Playdate(not the official TSSAA term) playing multiple teams on the same date, this counts as two scrimmages

Jamboree--allowed in one per season, two 20-minute periods only and does not count against scrimmage totals. Jamborees are defined on the TSSAA website and must meet certain requirements.

I may be mistaken on this but I know I have seen this information on TSSAA.org and my Athletic Director (who has been doing this since 1982) explained how it works.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize that there was a difference between a jamboree and a Playdate.

How did some of the non powerhouses look? (Ex. sweetwater, lenoir city, oneida, seymour)

How long was each match?

Sweetwater has not returned to form from a couple of years ago and still look to be building, Oneida has alot of work to be done, Seymour played hard but breaking in alot of younger girls did not look to have all their players either, and Lenoir City is probably going to be solid but will just have to work on having consitent tireless effort to compete because of their lack of talent compared to the rest of the district

i will mention another team I saw I have seen alot of post about powell on here I know it was just a scrimmage but I do not see them competing for the top 2 spots in their district either at least when they had the Harvey they played hard i saw no team work ethic in both games for them but the coach seemed really nice!

look at the results in scrimmages the results tell you all you need to know right

Not really. How did the various teams look? You can see the scores, but did anybody surprise people with their improved play, new players, new etc. The scores by themselves can present an incomplete picture of how teams did....

Sweetwater has not returned to form from a couple of years ago and still look to be building, Oneida has alot of work to be done, Seymour played hard but breaking in alot of younger girls did not look to have all their players either, and Lenoir City is probably going to be solid but will just have to work on having consitent tireless effort to compete because of their lack of talent compared to the rest of the district

i will mention another team I saw I have seen alot of post about powell on here I know it was just a scrimmage but I do not see them competing for the top 2 spots in their district either at least when they had the Harvey they played hard i saw no team work ethic in both games for them but the coach seemed really nice!

I wouldn't get overly excited about the Jamboree as the Coach was still looking at some JV Players as backups, at no point did the girls who should and in all likelihood will be starters play together at the same time. This was actually the first attempt at a scrimmage we have had, and though I personally am disappointed at some decisions as far as the lineup, he will get it right before the season starts, or he may have a bunch of girls real upset. My personal opinion is he needs to let the right girls play, and quit trying to put his thumb print on the team and take credit for whatever successes they have, he will accomplish far more out of them.