Fulton vs Hickory,NC - Border Bash II

Bravey

Just got thru listening to the border bash between Fulton and Hickory,NC ... Hickory was 13-1 last year and returned 8 starters on defense and 5 all conference players ... they scrimmaged 8 plays a piece ..4 times in the pre 2 QTR game and Fulton scored 4 times and Hickory 1 ... then after break they playa 2 qtr game situation ... Hickory won 14-6 .. Hickory must have a tall reciever cause he caught 3 jump balls .. one TD on 30 yard 4th down and the other a 40 yard TD jump ball .. he also intercepted 3 passes when Fulton was driving .. so this kid must be good .. 2 TD's and 3 INT's ... Fulton moved the ball well on ground but the 3 INT's did them in .. Hickory lost 1 fumble on a drive ... showed where Fulton needs work ... Hickory returned 23 seniors and 5 all conference players so they must be pretty good ... Id say Fulton was pleased other than the turnovers with how all their young Soph players played ..... nned to improve a great deal in the next two weeks with Oak Ridge looming ahead ....

the kid you r talkin about was only about 5'10 or 5'11 who had all the jump balls good player

Wow Pitch .. how was he coming up with all those jump balls .....

Wow Pitch .. how was he coming up with all those jump balls .....

M23 .. were INT's just over throws ?? or slip balls out of QB's hand ????

the first jump ball was jus a good catch by the reciever but the other was a miscommunication with the safety and the corner and the picks were mostly slipping out because winters was playin with a cast on his off hand

the first jump ball was jus a good catch by the reciever but the other was a miscommunication with the safety and the corner and the picks were mostly slipping out because winters was playin with a cast on his off hand

It wasnt really jump balls he caught it was just bad judgement on the ball.

I was relying on what I thought the Voice of the Falcons said on the radio .. but I was getting some static on radio .. sounds some things went good and some bad ... hope the QB's hand gets better ...

Just got thru listening to the border bash between Fulton and Hickory,NC ... Hickory was 13-1 last year and returned 8 starters on defense and 5 all conference players ... they scrimmaged 8 plays a piece ..4 times in the pre 2 QTR game and Fulton scored 4 times and Hickory 1 ... then after break they playa 2 qtr game situation ... Hickory won 14-6 .. Hickory must have a tall reciever cause he caught 3 jump balls .. one TD on 30 yard 4th down and the other a 40 yard TD jump ball .. he also intercepted 3 passes when Fulton was driving .. so this kid must be good .. 2 TD's and 3 INT's ... Fulton moved the ball well on ground but the 3 INT's did them in .. Hickory lost 1 fumble on a drive ... showed where Fulton needs work ... Hickory returned 23 seniors and 5 all conference players so they must be pretty good ... Id say Fulton was pleased other than the turnovers with how all their young Soph players played ..... nned to improve a great deal in the next two weeks with Oak Ridge looming ahead ....

I was at the Boreder Bash. I wasn't sure the score on the Fulton / Hickory scrimage but it wasn't hard to tell their game was the loaded with HARD HITS! Seemed like Fulton gave them a good showing that us ol' TN boys can play some ball too!!! I was at last year's Border Bash and the NC fans were nice. This year I thought they were pretty rude. They built up CD in their local press like they were a really good team "Tough Competition". Anyone from Greene County knows that CD hasn't had a winning season in years. I felt bad for the CD guys they really took a beating (1 guy was knocked out & taken out by ambulance) but they delivered some good hits as well. Then the Tuscola fans laughed at CD and made fun of them while they ran all over them. They made such a big deal over their QB who is supposed to be a Huge college prospect. I guess they will see how the season goes if they face any decent teams in THEIR division (3A). I guess if it made them feel big to beat a 2A team they got what they wanted. SG gave Pisgah a run for their money ending the scrimage 0-0. They thought they it would be a blowout but it didn't turn out that way. The local NC news showed highlights of the practice round between SG / Pisgah (Pisgah did score in prac.) but they didn't show the real scrimage just the practice round (had to make themselves look good). It appeared to me the NC teams needed an ego boost. Anyway, Great Job Fulton! South Greene & Fulton showed the NC boys we can play some football in TN too!!

I was at the Boreder Bash. I wasn't sure the score on the Fulton / Hickory scrimage but it wasn't hard to tell their game was the loaded with HARD HITS! Seemed like Fulton gave them a good showing that us ol' TN boys can play some ball too!!! I was at last year's Border Bash and the NC fans were nice. This year I thought they were pretty rude. They built up CD in their local press like they were a really good team "Tough Competition". Anyone from Greene County knows that CD hasn't had a winning season in years. I felt bad for the CD guys they really took a beating (1 guy was knocked out & taken out by ambulance) but they delivered some good hits as well. Then the Tuscola fans laughed at CD and made fun of them while they ran all over them. They made such a big deal over their QB who is supposed to be a Huge college prospect. I guess they will see how the season goes if they face any decent teams in THEIR division (3A). I guess if it made them feel big to beat a 2A team they got what they wanted. SG gave Pisgah a run for their money ending the scrimage 0-0. They thought they it would be a blowout but it didn't turn out that way. The local NC news showed highlights of the practice round between SG / Pisgah (Pisgah did score in prac.) but they didn't show the real scrimage just the practice round (had to make themselves look good). It appeared to me the NC teams needed an ego boost. Anyway, Great Job Fulton! South Greene & Fulton showed the NC boys we can play some football in TN too!!

Thanks for the update .... Fulton as I heard shot themselves in foot with INT's .. but heard it as hard hitting game between Fulton and Hickory ... also heard Hickory's QB was being looked at by North Carolina ... he's 6'2 205 or so ... heard Fulton did better in the scrimmage part against Hickory ... scoring 4 times to Hickory's 1 .... South Green I heard did good too ... yes and heard Chucky Doak got handles .. why would they invite somebody like that for Tuscola ... why didnt Tuscola play Fulton this year ????

Thanks for the update .... Fulton as I heard shot themselves in foot with INT's .. but heard it as hard hitting game between Fulton and Hickory ... also heard Hickory's QB was being looked at by North Carolina ... he's 6'2 205 or so ... heard Fulton did better in the scrimmage part against Hickory ... scoring 4 times to Hickory's 1 .... South Green I heard did good too ... yes and heard Chucky Doak got handles .. why would they invite somebody like that for Tuscola ... why didnt Tuscola play Fulton this year ????

I would be suprised if CD will want to go back to the Bash next year. I don't know who does their scheduling for the Bash, but my guess is they wanted to showcase their teams. I think thats why they gave Hickory to Fulton, they would have been too much competion for Tuscola or Pisgah. They just wanted to play a team that hasn't had a winning season in God knows how many years so they could feel like bigshots. I don't know how tough their reigion is but I hope they play some teams like Fulton. I doubt it would be as easy as the Bash was for them. Tuscola is 3A with about 1300 students, Hickory is 3A with 1300 students, Pisgah is 2A with 960 students, CD is 2A with 588 students, SG is 2A with 556 students. Both Tuscola and Pisgah played schools with half the student enrollment that they have. At least Fulton & SG gave them a run for their money.