THE MCKENZIE REBELS

Butchie

Hey Butchie!! Congrats on a great win to start the season....Hope the Rebels do well this year?? Question...do the Rebels have to play in the 2A Playoffs this year?? Good luck and hope you have a great season..

hey guys good win friday our guys had some trouble but maybe with work and ethic from the coach it will get better..

so how is mckenzie?

and who are their injured players because everywhere you read about mckenzie it talks about top players injured...

does anyone know who they might be?

BIG BEAR /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

From what I remember, the Rebels do not start playing in the 2A playoffs until next year as it's still possible, but highly unlikely, that the TSSAA may revise their new system.

Jake is expected to be back hopefully mid-season. Davis I believe is expected to be back mid-season, Mort has an ankle injury I believe and I don't recall being told when he's expected to be back - all three were starters, which means the positions have been filled by our new, inexperienced players, and some veteran players have been moved to relatively unfamiliar playing positions. I've been told that with all the positions needing to be filled due to graduation and injuries from pre-season, the Rebels essentially have 5 new offensive linemen to work with.

As for Max, I don't think he has a broken jaw, just had some teeth knocked out about a month ago and has been practicing and played QB in the final minutes of the Dresden game.

Don't quote me 100% as I might be a little off on some details.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Knew MckD Could Shed Some Light on That Subject... I'm Just A Rumour Spreader.. Unless i See It In Action.... And I See For Meself Come Friday... And Dang Duck We At Home... That means You Have To Cook At Our Tailgate... Unless I Get Wifey to Smoke Some Ribs For Us.. She's Awful Good At that.. Her Food Causes Swelling. I Was A 32 When We Married.. Now I Struggle With A 36..LOL.... Hey Postman I Know You Don't Post but If'n You Read This There'll Beenough For you An Yourn. So look Ole Butchie And Duck Up...

From what I remember, the Rebels do not start playing in the 2A playoffs until next year as it's still possible, but highly unlikely, that the TSSAA may revise their new system.

Jake is expected to be back hopefully mid-season. Davis I believe is expected to be back mid-season, Mort has an ankle injury I believe and I don't recall being told when he's expected to be back - all three were starters, which means the positions have been filled by our new, inexperienced players, and some veteran players have been moved to relatively unfamiliar playing positions. I've been told that with all the positions needing to be filled due to graduation and injuries from pre-season, the Rebels essentially have 5 new offensive linemen to work with.

As for Max, I don't think he has a broken jaw, just had some teeth knocked out about a month ago and has been practicing and played QB in the final minutes of the Dresden game.

Don't quote me 100% as I might be a little off on some details.

well thank you and butchie anyways for that i had been reading and it just said "missing two key players" and it appeared friday night from when it came on the telly ,the score and i thought to myself well looks like they are doing just fine without those guys ..but no matter who you are it always helps to go at it full strength ..oh well . but thanks anyways good luck friday !

BIG BEAR /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Dresden Has Thier Own Fires To Put Out. And I, As Other Rebel Fans Don't Measure Success From Teams That Are Struggling. And Missing Players Hurts, But Also Gives Younger Guys An Oppourtunity To Step it Up.. But When Your Ship Is Sinking, Another Man With A Bucket Aint bad Either.

ahh thats true but alas your ship is not sinking....one might conclude we are swimming to safety but your still on board your boat ole chap..

anyways about it .. so you all have bruceton this week or is it trenton?

I'll Do It. And I'll Just Stop By Later... Wifey Said You Had A House Full Of Women The Other Night... Different Cars Everytime She Drives By...I Told Her To Take Another Street And Mind Her Business.. I Guess It Is Getting Hot Tub Time At John Holmes' House.. You Remember What Happened Last Yr With Them Cheerleaders From Murray State Don't Ya... 2 Broke Ribs And Some Severe Bruising.. Put A Hand Rail On That Tub Or Quit Toting Them.. I Was Glad To Hear The Reb's Started Of With A W....Even If It Was Dresden.. Wait'll We Play Greenfield.... WHOOEE This Board Will Heat Up Then. Such A Small town With Such Sore Losers...

Now that's what I like..............a Rebel fan that never forgets!!!!!!!!!!! But, it was the good popcorn that got me on the rib thing...........Oh, and that one step!!!! Murray State???? Heck, I thought they were from UTM.

I Knew MckD Could Shed Some Light on That Subject... I'm Just A Rumour Spreader.. Unless i See It In Action.... And I See For Meself Come Friday... And Dang Duck We At Home... That means You Have To Cook At Our Tailgate... Unless I Get Wifey to Smoke Some Ribs For Us.. She's Awful Good At that.. Her Food Causes Swelling. I Was A 32 When We Married.. Now I Struggle With A 36..LOL.... Hey Postman I Know You Don't Post but If'n You Read This There'll Beenough For you An Yourn. So look Ole Butchie And Duck Up...

Big Dog, you best talk wifey into the rib thing 'cause when I show up it'll be "football time in McKenzie!!!" If wifey is smokin' ribs I'll smell 'em when I get outa' tha' truck. Otherwise, it's a cheesburger and on to my seat pretty quick after a stop by the "New Rebel Stuff" table!! I really need a slouch cap in grey with your signature ( a red Col. Reb) on the front!!!!! Second choice would be a red cap with a grey Col. Reb on the front. I'm not happy with Ole Miss one bit. Does it show????

hey butchie,

dont be jumping on the gleason bandwagon. we dont need you fair weather friend. stick with your rebels now that they are down and way down. we going to get you this year. gleason 36 mckenzie 22

It just might be good if you could learn how to take a neighborly complement on your football program. Don't pencil in a W for Gleason just yet against the Rebels. They have it to do still. Guess that's why they play the games instead of letting the fans decide who will win.