Morristown West Invitational

mwtfan

Anyone else interested in playing this tournament? We have a coach who would like to withdraw, but will not do it unless we can get a replacement team. Pretty classy move, don't you think? Short notice, but hey, you never know - any takers???

Pool Play Schedule as it stands now:

Bob-Spoone (lower field)

Friday, April 24

4:30 Powell v Cumberland

6:00 Sevier v Pope John Paul II

7:30 Elizabethton v Union

9:00 Station Camp v Unicoi

Saturday, April 25

8:00 Pigeon Forge v Elizabethton

9:30 Knox Central v Union

Conder-Myers (lower field)

Friday, April 24

4:30 Union v Sullivan South

6:00 Anderson v Greeneville

7:30 Knox Central v Pigeon Forge

9:00 ---------------

Saturday, April 25

8:00 Halls v Sullivan South

9:30 Station Camp v Chuckey Doak

Jones-Hodge (upper field)

Friday, April 24

4:30 Halls v Elizabethton

6:00 Grainger v North Greene

7:30 Powell v Pope John Paul II

9:00 Cumberland v Chuckey Doak

Saturday, April 25

8:00 Seymour v North Greene

9:30 Morristown West v Mt Juliet

McDaniel-Mayes (upper field)

Friday, April 24

4:30 Chuckey Doak v Sevier

6:00 Livingston Academy v Mt Juliet

7:30 Seymour v Station Camp

9:00 -------------------

Saturday, April 25

8:00 Greeneville v McMinn

9:30 Anderson v McMinn

Do all teams not get 3 pool games?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do all teams not get 3 pool games?

Is there any team in particular you are referring to? I think there was 1 school who had some kind of conflict and chose to forego 1 of their pool games. I don't recall who it was offhand, but obviously someone else had to give up a game as well, so coach thought it best if the host team (Morristown West) was the one, since everyone else was guaranteed 4 games (weather permitting). Make sense?

Is there any team in particular you are referring to? I think there was 1 school who had some kind of conflict and chose to forego 1 of their pool games. I don't recall who it was offhand, but obiously someone else had to give up a game as well, so coach thought if best if the host team (Morristown West) was the one since everyone else was guaranteed 4 games (weather permitting). Make sense?

I just noticed that some teams had 2 pool games and some had 3. Maybe I just mis counted.

Is there any team in particular you are referring to? I think there was 1 school who had some kind of conflict and chose to forego 1 of their pool games. I don't recall who it was offhand, but obviously someone else had to give up a game as well, so coach thought it best if the host team (Morristown West) was the one, since everyone else was guaranteed 4 games (weather permitting). Make sense?

I'm only seeing one pool game for Unicoi....

I'm only seeing one pool game for Unicoi....

ok - I see - copied & pasted from a word doc, but didn't get the whole file - I missed 2 fields completely - ck my original post - it should now be comp

ete

thanks to u & 'iluvmykids'

let me know if anything else doesn't look right

Just wanted to say a big thank you to all who came and participated! I hope everyone had a good experience as it was our first year attempting this. The plan is to make it an annual event. Lots of good games and Unicoi County was a very well-deserving champion. Hope to see you all again next year.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to all who came and participated! I hope everyone had a good experience as it was our first year attempting this. The plan is to make it an annual event. Lots of good games and Unicoi County was a very well-deserving champion. Hope to see you all again next year.

Great Tournament!!! Very well organized!!! Lots and lots of Kudos to those who work so hard!!!! Thanks!!! We really enjoyed ourselves!! Congratulations to Unicoi County!!!!

NGHS Coach

Great Tournament!!! Very well organized!!! Lots and lots of Kudos to those who work so hard!!!! Thanks!!! We really enjoyed ourselves!! Congratulations to Unicoi County!!!!

NGHS Coach

Well said, may want to try a mvp 1st and 2nd team, all tourament team trophy chosen by all coaches, including the umpires that calls each of the ladies games. Maybe even a scholarship check for the top four or so. Morristown is in the buisness sector with lots of backing from sponsors. Just trying to help, like the NFS ERWIN, EASTMAN KINGSPORT