Southside at JCM

Looks like JCM surprised a few folks last week in their narrow loss to Haywood. I must say that IMO JCM was the better team out there. Wondering how folks think the SS/JCM game will go. JCM impressed me with a pretty stingy defense against Haywood. If it weren`t for 2 dropped punt returns inside the 10 yard line JCM would have won the game.

This could be a great game. I think JCM shocked alot of people last week including myself. They didn't roll over or give up they kept fighting and fighting, thats what impressed me more than anything. I think SS will win by a TD or two but could very well come down to the last snap so Good Luck to both teams and may the best team win.

This could be a great game. I think JCM shocked alot of people last week including myself. They didn't roll over or give up they kept fighting and fighting, thats what impressed me more than anything. I think SS will win by a TD or two but could very well come down to the last snap so Good Luck to both teams and may the best team win.

Hey gohawks...honestly I don`t know how good Haywood is suppose to be, but I do know that JCM`s defense was pretty relentless. They were aggressive and hitting hard. I saw some kids make some very good open field tackles. I saw some pretty wicked hits and some good team pursuit. As a Cougar fan that was refreshing. Turnovers are what lost the Haywood game for JCM. But that`s something that can be worked on. I`m looking forward to seeing Will Masoud play as his dad and I are longtime friends. Also looking forward to see how the Cougars can progress from week to week. I admit that I too was surprised by JCM`s play Friday night. They lost a 6`5" Jeremy Akins who scored a TD in his first game with Bethel this past weekend. They lost the 6`3" Hawkins kid who is listed as 2nd team OLB for Murray State as a freshman. They lost a beast in Gavin Hardin who is now playing for the Miami Hurricanes. It`s hard to believe they only won one game last year (with a late FG over a 2-win Liberty) and got mercy-ruled about 5 times last year. I don`t know if the Cougars can beat SS or not, but as a JCM fan I`m pumped about Coach Glover and what he is doing. For him to have a team that had no spring practice and to have only a couple of weeks to get familiar with his players and install his offense ,the first week was a rousing success even though it ended in an OT loss.

Hey gohawks...honestly I don`t know how good Haywood is suppose to be, but I do know that JCM`s defense was pretty relentless. They were aggressive and hitting hard. I saw some kids make some very good open field tackles. I saw some pretty wicked hits and some good team pursuit. As a Cougar fan that was refreshing. Turnovers are what lost the Haywood game for JCM. But that`s something that can be worked on. I`m looking forward to seeing Will Masoud play as his dad and I are longtime friends. Also looking forward to see how the Cougars can progress from week to week. I admit that I too was surprised by JCM`s play Friday night. They lost a 6`5" Jeremy Akins who scored a TD in his first game with Bethel this past weekend. They lost the 6`3" Hawkins kid who is listed as 2nd team OLB for Murray State as a freshman. They lost a beast in Gavin Hardin who is now playing for the Miami Hurricanes. It`s hard to believe they only won one game last year (with a late FG over a 2-win Liberty) and got mercy-ruled about 5 times last year. I don`t know if the Cougars can beat SS or not, but as a JCM fan I`m pumped about Coach Glover and what he is doing. For him to have a team that had no spring practice and to have only a couple of weeks to get familiar with his players and install his offense ,the first week was a rousing success even though it ended in an OT loss.

The YANKER was pleasantly surprised with our beloved Cougars...the year is already better than all of last year. Southside will be more difficult to beat because they are a Jackson team and they will tougher and better coached. I will be happy with continued progress and a good effort. The region better beware!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The YANKER was pleasantly surprised with our beloved Cougars...the year is already better than all of last year. Southside will be more difficult to beat because they are a Jackson team and they will tougher and better coached. I will be happy with continued progress and a good effort. The region better beware!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. GO Cougars!

Hopefully we`ll continue to improve each week.

Good for JCM I was pulling for them against haywood. Looks like jcm has a great def. I hope they don't get there off. going this week! It's going to be a war at the ROCK! I think SS will pull out a late win. It will be a low scoring game SS 14-jcm12

The YANKER appreciates the respect you give our Cougars...many have counted us out...but you are smarter than most!!!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!