Week 1: Pearl-Cohn at Maplewood

pking34

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Pearl-Cohn and Maplewood opened in Week 0 with wins over Shelby County teams; now, this week, they face off against each other.

Who wins this one and by how much???

This should be a good one. Two of the three best Metro-Nashville football programs square off.

With that being said, I really don't know who should win, but I know what kind of line Maplewood has. Therefore, I'll say Maplewood wins 28-14.

Maplewood by 4 td's

wiseguy, must didnt go to the Music City Classic because you got to be joking if you think Maplewood is going to win by 4 TDs. I see Pearl Cohn winning this one by 7 35-28. Only if they can stop Markus Cantrell if not Maplewood will win by 14 28-14. But Maplewood doesn't have a passing game so it's go be strictly running another boring game.

wiseguy, must didnt go to the Music City Classic because you got to be joking if you think Maplewood is going to win by 4 TDs. I see Pearl Cohn winning this one by 7 35-28. Only if they can stop Markus Cantrell if not Maplewood will win by 14 28-14. But Maplewood doesn't have a passing game so it's go be strictly running another boring game.

a win is a win!! whether its running ball like the panthers or passing all game like stratford in defeat ... but you are kinda right guy..if maplewood plays like they did in the music city bowl they are going to loose, the game sat well it was a drag ...defense played pretty good ...memphis east was basicly given the points they got ..that fake punt was the "no play" of the game ..a very bad idea at the time, but they got the job done in the end .. its going to be rough down the road if they dont wake up out there ..maybe it was the time of the game who knows... but i just didnt see that fire in those guys like last year.. what is it going to take?

it may take a while to get the passing game going ..but in the mean time Cantrell and Hagan are going to get it done!

Maplewood is the favorite to win this game. They return a lot of faces up front and both Cantrell & Hagan are big time offensive weapons.

With that said this is one of those "Week 1 Rivalry Games" and that means all bets are off.

Pearl Cohn is better than people think. McLaurin is a very good player at RB and on defense the Firebirds are very good with Fitzgerald & Roberts both playing well.

Maplewood can not play a game like they did last week. Pearl Cohn is BETTER than Memphis East. On offense the Panthers need #11 to be taking the snaps. He needs to be protected because his line was getting him KILLED in the third quarter last Saturday evening. I doubt Maplewood can be "one dimensional" on offense and win big again in 2008. Pearl Cohn has two quarterbacks who are learning on the run but both are going to have to grow up quickly for the Firebirds because the schedule is tough. #3 & #11 have targets to throw it to that's for certain. #2, #84, & #85 are all good WRs. PC also has a kicker who could prove to be a difference maker for them.

PREDICTION

Maplewood: 14

Pearl Cohn: 10

I look for this one to be a low scoring defensive struggle with the running games dominating the night's action /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

MAPLEWOOD BY A TON. PEARL IS GARBAGE.

They are 1-0 unlike the Burros /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They are 1-0 unlike the Burros /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

While I think that Pearl-Cohn is one of the top 3 football programs in Metro-Nashville, keep in mind that Hillsboro played a MUCH better opponent than Pearl Cohn or Maplewood did in their season opener. Franklin very well could be playing in Murfreesboro in December for the 5A State Championship game. With all due respect to Memphis East and Trezavant, they aren't likely to be competing for a state championship in football this year.

If Hillsboro was still coached by Ron Aydelott, Hillsboro would not have played Franklin to open the last two years let alone MBA and they would more than likely be sitting at 1-0 right now also. Hillsboro finished the game very strong against one of the state's top 5A teams that happened to play better than them in the first week of the season. Hillsboro being 0-1 is nothing for them to be ashamed of. Obviously, it would have been nice to win and that is always the goal, but that is how it goes sometimes when you schedule the best teams available.

The good news for the Burros is that it wasn't a region game, they never gave up, and it was the first week of the season. They still will have a good season assuming they work hard and play TOGETHER. The schedule softens up considerably for HHS after MBA and Maplewood until at least the quarterfinals of the playoffs. The first five weeks though aren't going to be too forgiving. However, it will certainly prepare us well for the new region alignment next year.

Memphis East was not a bad team and #56 was a beast in the middle on defense... he wrecked havoc all game.

Maplewood is a lot better than they looked sat ..and they need to start playing like that.

our schedule does not get any easier either .. and Maplewood has a big bullseye on their back

and they just havent noticed it..

and Hillsboro .. im go let this one slide because you earned it.

but best believe i had some heat for yo donkey!!

but its best that i save it for later

it will sound alot better when your 2 - 3

Now for PC ... i see this as a defensive game..

with Maplewood winning the battle

those panthers will be to big and fast for them in the end.

in sticking to MHS 20 - PCHS 7