Week 1: Pearl-Cohn at Maplewood

pking34

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Memphis East was not a bad team and #56 was a beast in the middle on defense... he wrecked havoc all game.

Maplewood is a lot better than they looked sat ..and they need to start playing like that.

our schedule does not get any easier either .. and Maplewood has a big bullseye on their back

and they just havent noticed it..

and Hillsboro .. im go let this one slide because you earned it.

but best believe i had some heat for yo donkey!!

but its best that i save it for later

it will sound alot better when your 2 - 3

Now for PC ... i see this as a defensive game..

with Maplewood winning the battle

those panthers will be to big and fast for them in the end.

in sticking to MHS 20 - PCHS 7

I was merely pointing out that HHS being 0-1 is not something they should be ashamed of when they lost to the likes Franklin. I already know how you feel about Hillsboro boski. There is no need to reiterate those feelings until at least Sept 19. You bring your heat for HHS after that game and the potential playoff rematch if Maplewood wins. You really won't be able to talk much though if we beat ya'll even if we also lose to MBA. 8-2 overall with the only losses to Franklin and MBA. I could live with that this year. However, I know that won't stop someone like yourself from talking anyway. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I agree that Memphis East is not a bad team. In fact, I would even say a fairly good team. Hillsboro played them a couple of times in the semifinals back in 2000 and 2001. However, make no mistake about it, they are still not what Franklin is currently (Memphis East is not likely to realistically challenge for a state championship this year in football). I also agree that Maplewood is better than what they showed last saturday. You'll get no arguments from me about anything except for who will win the MHS-HHS game in a few weeks. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Is #12 playing QB this week for Maplewood?????? If so then AGAIN they are going to have to rely on the running game for the most part. I expect Pearl Cohn to concentrate on this with their front 8. Both corners for the Firebirds are very good players no question about it. They can win if Maplewood is not clicking on offense.......as was the case last week.

Memphis East is good but they aren't better than Pearl Cohn. I'll still say that if Maplewood beats the Firebirds by 1 million. Pearl Cohn would have hit that QB from all sorts of different angles.

DEFENSE...........DEFENSE!!!! That is the key to the outcome of this battle /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Was that the final score?

yes sir it is.... all i kan say is deffense.. thats wat i call making a statement... u boys one on q and in the right position. way to go coach t and staff. i dont kno what u guys had for pregame meal but i think they put some extra erbes and spices in the seasoning cause the energy never died down.

big ups to q. parks #88. thats how u step up and become a leader kid /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> .

and also to zack qb#12 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . way to step up and play the position.

congrats to maplewood and get some rest ova ur break cause we got thoes warriors when we come back

I am shocked. Pearl Cohn has now lost to Maplewood the last 3 years by a combined score of 103-7. 103-7!!!!!!

For some reason the Panthers have Pearl Cohn's number and this has not changed at all. The 14-12 game in 2005 was a classic and before that Pearl Cohn used to own the series. Since though it has been all Maplewood!!!!

I still expect these two teams to make deep postseason runs this November. PC has overcome the losses to Maplewood each of the last two years and gone on to have good success down the road. I look for that to continue starting next week against Macon Co.

Maplewood played 100 times better in this one than they did against Memphis East. #88 for Maplewood is a super athlete. Even though #12 played very well I still believe that they have to get #11 healthy. They also have to get Cantrell healthy as well.

Hunters Lane only beat Whites Creek 14-6. Did I read that correctly too??????? If so then I look for Maplewood to put another beating on a Metro/Nashville school in two weeks.

Congrats Panthers.. BOSKI What's up My Brother.. LOL... HEY dude you better leave them Henry Co. dudes alone... You go back that way their going to tar and feather you.. GOOD WIN.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Whats up Golfendude not much going on here but football and fishing ..and thanks!! those panthers didnt have the fire ..they had a four alarm blaze going .. that was a molly whoppin to the 3rd degree ..dang Pearl Cohn that was sad ... the band got you guys in trouble ..so thank them for that beat down goood luck with the rest of your season, LOL im not worried bout them henry co dudes .. just yet ..when that time come ..ill be ready.. next up Hunters Lane!!