McEwen Vs. Cascade

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noticed Cascade is not ranked in the polls just a little fuel to add to the fire

Those polls don't mean squat! I'd like to see us out of the polls the entire season. It'll just make the kids work harder and keep them level headed. That was our problem the last two years. We got lazy toward the end of the season and quit working hard. We need to get back to the good work ethic required to win big ball games. Coach Parker is emphasizing hard work in his practices and it'll yield results later hopefully. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Those polls don't mean squat! I'd like to see us out of the polls the entire season. It'll just make the kids work harder and keep them level headed. That was our problem the last two years. We got lazy toward the end of the season and quit working hard. We need to get back to the good work ethic required to win big ball games. Coach Parker is emphasizing hard work in his practices and it'll yield results later hopefully. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree i guess I was thinking more along the lines of why Eagleville is ranked. I think as a coach you can use not being ranked as motivation

I agree i guess I was thinking more along the lines of why Eagleville is ranked. I think as a coach you can use not being ranked as motivation

Eagleville is ranked because they have a good team and a great coaching staff. Whether or not they are a top ten team is still questionable in my opinion. It may be a bit premature to anoint them that type of status.

Well good luck to the Cascade kids and the coaching staff. Champion11 to say the kids quit working at the end of the year is a pretty bold statement. Thats great fan support your son must be so proud to know his dad thinks his team is a much of quiters that dont work hard!! They went 9-2 and then went 10-2 and lost to a good JB team both years if I recall correctly. Seems like they had pretty good seasons for a team that just quits working. As for eagleville being ranked just look who they have on their staff and look at what Cascade lost last year, 15 plust seniors. Well good look to the champions friday night.

Well good luck to the Cascade kids and the coaching staff. Champion11 to say the kids quit working at the end of the year is a pretty bold statement. Thats great fan support your son must be so proud to know his dad thinks his team is a much of quiters that dont work hard!! They went 9-2 and then went 10-2 and lost to a good JB team both years if I recall correctly. Seems like they had pretty good seasons for a team that just quits working. As for eagleville being ranked just look who they have on their staff and look at what Cascade lost last year, 15 plust seniors. Well good look to the champions friday night.

Thank you for calling that to my attention. I did have a poor choice of word in that post and I'll try to better convey what I was trying to say. I felt the team got CONTENT with where they were from a talent standpoint last year and didn't strive to make improvements toward the end of the season. When you get to a point where you 8-0 that sometimes happens. What I meant by that post was that perhaps if we are viewed as an underdog more this season we will not get to the point were we feel there is no need for improvement. Again, poor choice of words on my part. Last years team was not lazy by any means. Content with were they were at? I'd have to say yes, until Jo Byrns showed them that more work needed to be done. I think most of the kids on this team know I'm behind them 100%, but telling them they don't need to be comfortable with where that at is something I'd hope most parents would agree with. You should always strive to improve. I don't think that most people close to the program could seriously question my "fan support" but I could be wrong.