3-way Scrimmage at Whitwell

tiger34

Guest UtahPass

I hear now that Huntland has 50 players---the 77 counted spring practice JV numbers.

Defense will be their strength--offensive line will be young.

I wanna hear the results..

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

York defeated Whitwell 4 touchdowns to 3 in a very physical scrimmage. The action was intense all the way through. Both teams looked impressive. Whitwell held it's own very well against a 3A team that went 8-3 and made it to the playoffs last season. Huntland cancelled earlier in the day. The Tigers scrimmage again at home on Tuesday at 5 PM against Bledsoe County and Chattanooga Central.

[Edited by tiger34 on 8-9-02 9:22P]

our coach counted 4-3...and we tried to hit after the play...once or maybe twice our qb was hit blindsided after the play...and you just dont do that to a qb, so we had to stick up for him. tiger wasnt sugar coating it, he was just telling the score..you are right though we did score a couple on the second team...but we drove the ball most of the time on the first team..and yall hardly ever scored until you got inside the 10 and had those extra 4 plays.

I'm sorry to tell you but the score was 6-3 i don't know where you guys learned to count but that was the score watch the tape again and count all of our touchdowns it doesn't matter how we score we just drove the ball down the field on you guys we didn't have alot of big plays but we were getting 7 and 8 yards a run. and the last time you guys went on offense after you guys had run 9 plays on our first D you were minus one yard but before that you guys were moving the ball on us with that counter thats a good play should be big for you guys this year. And i don't remember anyone hitting your qb after the whistle but i will watch the tape and try to see, but for some reason you guys thought you all could start stuff with us we have never had over one fight in a scrimmage there was alot yesterday .

This is to putuporshutup:

I understand that you play for York. If this is true tell me how you feel about Whitwell offensively and defensively. Whitwell usually has good sized players. Is this true this year? Were there any plays that Whitwell ran offensively that consistently gained yardage? What kind of D front did they line up in? Please respond back.

Posted by putuporshutup:

Tiger the score was 6-3 don't try to sugar coat it.And two of the times you scored it was our second defense. You guys do have a good team though try to hit to much after the play though and we didn't take to that very well . lol

but good luck to you guys this year.

Man i'm not tryin to take anything away from you guys you are a good team and i believe you will have a good season in fact i hope you have a great season i'm just sayin the score was 6-3 and that i didn't understand why (some) of your guys were trying to punk us out i mean we weren't there to fight. what number are you tiger i didn't see a 34 so i'm curious as to what number you are. again good luck this season i wasn't putting you guys down you guys do have a good football team.