Tennessee College Expsoure Tournaments

WEagle5

• 3 weeks later...

Out of state 16U A team looking for some college exposure tournaments. Wondering if anyone can offer some insight on Music City Hits and then the one in Chattanooga run by Gold Diamond. How does one compare to the other, difficulty of getting in, etc. Thanks in advance.

We've been to both. We went to the Chattanooga Gold Diamond last year because we were a little disappointed in Hits the year before. Hits is more established so they drew 10-15 more coaches last year (Chattanooga was in their first year here, but have been running another in Florida for a while). The Gold Diamond was organized and run very well - one of the best run exposures we have been to over the years. Warner Park is beautiful with the renovations. We noticed that several coaches went to both. We had coaches watch us on Thursday and Friday who were at Hits over the weekend and vice versa. The biggest difference is that Gold Diamond is a 6 game format with no elimination round. Hits is a 5 game pool with single elimination. A lot of college coaches prefer the set schedule with pre-set game times. Hits might be a little harder to get into, but only because they have been around for a few years and more teams have been in the past. We are all somewhat creatures of habit and tend to return to where we have been if there weren't any problems, especially when there are precious few "real" exposure events in Tennessee. We also liked Chattanooga because they brought in a lot of Georgia and Florida teams that we don't see all the time. I wish they weren't in the same week so we could go to both. We haven't made up our mind which one to attend next summer. I prefer Gold Diamond, but we are traveling so much to out of state exposures that we will probably end up doing Hits to save a little money since we won't have to travel out of town. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for the insight dore83 - that is exactly what I was looking for. There are a number of quality exposure tournaments to get into. Problem is, each one only has so many playing slots and so it helps to have some alternatives. I was a little surprised to see both on the same weekend and wondered can both exposure tournaments faily close together geographically like that have an effective college coach attendance.