Gatlinburg Pittman over Pigeon Forge

BlueMachine

Maybe I'm just on here too early, but I'm glad to see there is not a whole lot of smack talking going on from GP to PF. Maybe we can all agree that it was a pretty well played ball game by both teams. Definately a tale of two halves though. I really thought PF could hang on after looking so good in the first half, but two different teams came out of the locker rooms on both sides of the field after half-time. #44 was a beast and somehow #8 recovered from what looked to be devastating cramps (some sarcasm should be sensed here) to help put it away!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me the only SMACK Talk was done by PF not GP!!! GP was not the one who showed up at PF's home field with signs putting down PF. If I remember correctly it was PF that done that so if you are going to talk trash you need to be able to "carry it out". Now if PF backs played so much better how did #44 get 165yds on 23 carries and 2TD & #8 had 50yds on 9 Carries & 2TD, PF back had 93yds on 25carries 2TD (not knocking the freshman he is a good back with speed, vision & will only get better) but I don't see how anyone can say that PF backs out did GP's backs.

For all you PF fans who think you need to get rid of Lee Hammonds because you are 0-4 think again the last 3 teams they have played have been pretty good teams and look at how close these games were -6 points to Cosby -7 to Grain. CO. -14 to GP in a game that on paper shouldn't have been that close. Seams to me that the PF football players & parents shouldn't have been worried about GP as early as they were. I know that it is a braggin rights game but if you make the playoffs and win a few in the playoffs would't that help to build up your fan base and increase player participation more than beating GP 1 time? JMO.

Cosby has beaten:3-0 ( Pigeon Forge 0-3, Cloudland 1-2, and Kings Academy 1-2)

Grainger County is 1-2 (only victory is over Pigeon Forge)

Gatlinburg Pittman is 3-0 (however their opponents record are 0-3, 0-3, 0-3).

To keep encourageing people to look at the "impressive records" of the teams that Pigeon Forge has played is only making the tigers look worse. According to this web site the combined records of those teams are: 7-2. However GP has defeated 3 teams who have not won a game. Cosby opponents have a combined record of 2-7 and Grainger County has 1 win VS PF.

To keep encourageing people to look at the "impressive records" of the teams that Pigeon Forge has played is only making the tigers look worse. According to this web site the combined records of those teams are: 7-2. However GP has defeated 3 teams who have not won a game. Cosby opponents have a combined record of 2-7 and Grainger County has 1 win VS PF.

Cosby is 4-0 we beat Gibbs in week 0 , I think PF is not a bad team , but I also think G-P is not as good as they were last year even though they are still a solid 2A program. PF will beat Gibbs and Union County and maybe sneak out another W somewhere.

sorry old24. I just glanced over the records that CoachT had on the teams web page. Cosby is having a good year however, Gibbs is 1-3 ths year, which makes Cosby's opponents record 3-11 because PF is 0-4 not 0-3.

So, still for Tiger fans to point out how tough a schedule they have played is not smart when you consider that the 1A school that beat them is 4-0 and the 2A GP is still undefeated.

If you think things are bad for PF this year, wait till next year when they will be in the same region as Fulton and Austin-East.

sorry old24. I just glanced over the records that CoachT had on the teams web page. Cosby is having a good year however, Gibbs is 1-3 ths year, which makes Cosby's opponents record 3-11 because PF is 0-4 not 0-3.

So, still for Tiger fans to point out how tough a schedule they have played is not smart when you consider that the 1A school that beat them is 4-0 and the 2A GP is still undefeated.

If you think things are bad for PF this year, wait till next year when they will be in the same region as Fulton and Austin-East.

Not just PF but for Gatlinburg too. Both of those teams may not win a region game next year except for when they play one another. That region is brutal! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

So what you are saying is that 4-0 Cosby, 4-0 GP & 1-2 Grain.Co. if you lose to any of them you are a poor football team. Lets see Cosby has D1 Prospect in Spencer Grooms, G-P has D1 prospects in Matthew Pittser & Taylor Ogle

and Grain. Co. has D1 player in Skylar McBee so these teams a not that good!!

As far as schedule's go you can only beat the teams you play you can't control how the other teams do as far as winning games. You are wrong in a couple things Tellico Plains did win a game last week and C-D won a game and King's was 2-1. I also know that margin of victory doesn't matter that much but G-P beat Tellico Plains badly and the starters only played thru the 1st qrter. Against Chuckey Doak the starters played only the first half. Cosby had to beat the ref's and P-F to win that game & held off a surge by Gibbs and WENT TO Roan Mtn. and came home with a win a thing that is hard for any team to do!! I wasn't saying that Cosby Grain.Co. or G-P will win the state but they are good solid high school football teams and the kids at PF just need to keep their heads up and worry about region games. Don't talk about what you are going to do just do it on the field let the papers talk about you!!!

Not just PF but for Gatlinburg too. Both of those teams may not win a region game next year except for when they play one another. That region is brutal! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Yep, no more 10-0 regular seasons after this year!!

A-E, Fulton, and Carter (I think) /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Eaglefan07 if you will look at my ID it's GPHSfan not PFHSfan I was only trying to get the parents at PF off Coach Hammonds back it takes time to build a program. Take the Cosby Program for instance it's 18 years old and they have made the playoffs 4 or 5 times a lot of that was because of Chris Shepard and a huge O Line. PF is just having the same problems a lot of programs have that is the fact that teenage boys don't want to make the commitment it takes to be a football player! It's HARD and you have to love it and a lot of kids parents won't come the games unless they are the star(not saying that about all parents if you are on this board you care enough to look at this post) but kids & parents don't want to be roll players and just play for the fun of it any more. Things are about scholarships and how good thier child looks on any given night. One thing I have learned about G-P football is you have to put the team 1st or you will be on the sidelines or in the stands. Now with that being said I was just trying to let the PF faithful know how things look from the outside looking in.

This was a very enjoyable game to watch....PF played about as good as they could have in the 1st half. Gp is a better team. In pf's history we have only beat one team that was better then us. The tigers played hard and thats all you can ask for. Until they learn how to take care of the ball they wont beat a team thats truly better then them. Thats been the case the last few years

This was a very enjoyable game to watch....PF played about as good as they could have in the 1st half. Gp is a better team. In pf's history we have only beat one team that was better then us. The tigers played hard and thats all you can ask for. Until they learn how to take care of the ball they wont beat a team thats truly better then them. Thats been the case the last few years

I will say this, this game was played with the intensity that a "rivalry game" should be played with. Both teams were excited to be there, fans everywhere,no trash talking much at all as everyone would have you believe and it was a great game. The simple key to this game was GP came out ready to play that second half and we didnt. Also anyone who thinks about stepping in front of Pittser in open field might want to have second thoughts...Dadgone he will bring the thunder.