Knox Halls @ West

Pirateman894

Ironman, while we've averaged fewer points this year, if you eliminate the kickoff return for a TD it's even lower.

I really think Coach J is a good coach and some of his assistants are as well. The trouble IMO is that he hasn't aggressively gone after excellent assistants and let poorer ones go elsewhere, instead choosing some of them based on personal likes or dislikes without adequately considering playing experience, coaching experience and maturity. I know of one very experienced coach who wanted to assist (for free) and he was turned down, having been told that there wasn't a spot. A very, very young assistant was chosen instead. Believe me, if you knew who I was talking about getting turned down and knew of his background and experience, you'd be flabbergasted.

With all of this said, the players have got to stay up. They have a lot of talent. I'd like to see them rise up, become leaders and forge ahead and make this year one to remember. I know they have the ability. And I'll stand behind them all the way.

Best post I've read in along time. I think I do know who threw his name in the hat at least as a Offensive guru. I'm old school and conservative and love smash mouth football and swarming defenses like the next person but the play selections have left me scratching my head on more than one occasion this year. In fact even last year we only threw on third down hoping for a miracle I have now the feeling we try to play not to lose and only open it up when we have our backs against the wall and so far that philosphy hasn't served us well. As a disclaimer I'm not even remotely saying the coaching staff isn't working hard and working to the best of their ability but something seems to be lacking whether in communication,execution or play selection. Anyway what I do know is the kids are trying to do what they are told and they aren't lacking the emotion if they keep that going we still can overcome last weeks dissappointment at West.

I'm hearing now Hazelhurst of Clinton may be done for the season. So the injury bug does hit more teams than just us. What a huge loss for them.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ironman80 and divercity,

Both of you are talking bad about the coaches. Do the coaches work hard or are they just there for a paycheck? I think they work hard and it means soemthing to them. Now if I'm wrong, then they need to be fired. If I'm right then it mus tbe the players fault. A coach can call a great play and if a player dont do his job right, it looks like crap. The coaches can put them in the right position but its the PLAYERS THAT HAVE TO WIN THE GAME AND DO THE RIGHT THINGS!