Maplewood vs. Hillsboro

BurroDad

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maplewood was my preseason pick to win 5-4A so I am going to stick with my guns here HOWEVER even the most obvious of Maplewood fans (this means you boski) can see that the Panthers are having T-R-O-U-B-L-E when it comes to being able to run the football on offense.

114 yards on 41 carries (Memphis East)

39 yards on 17 carries (Pearl Cohn)

20 yards on 27 carries (Hunters Lane)

173 yards on 85 carries (TOTAL SEASON RUSHING STATS)

With guys like Cantrell & Hagan back in your backfield taking handoffs week in and week out you must be able to accomplish much more than 2.03 yards per carry on the ground. That is PATHETIC!!!

Maplewood has got to be able to run the football to have a prayer of winning this game. Hillsboro's defense has played both Franklin and MBA thus far this season. Both of those teams run very refined passing systems for the high school level. Even though they aren't "elite"by any means the Stratford Spartans even do things on offense with a spread attack. A

Aside from John Overton this will be the worst passing attack that the Hillsboro defense has seen to this point in the year. Maplewood absolutely MUST be able to run the football with success to win this game. If they are not able to sustain a ground game this one will be UGLY!!!

EVEN BOSKI HAS TO ADMIT THAT TO BE THE CASE........... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Maplewood was my preseason pick to win 5-4A so I am going to stick with my guns here HOWEVER even the most obvious of Maplewood fans (this means you boski) can see that the Panthers are having T-R-O-U-B-L-E when it comes to being able to run the football on offense.

With guys like Cantrell & Hagan back in your backfield taking handoffs week in and week out you must be able to accomplish much more than 2.03 yards per carry on the ground. That is PATHETIC!!!

Maplewood has got to be able to run the football to have a prayer of winning this game. Hillsboro's defense has played both Franklin and MBA thus far this season. Both of those teams run very refined passing systems for the high school level. Even though they aren't "elite"by any means the Stratford Spartans even do things on offense with a spread attack. A

Aside from John Overton this will be the worst passing attack that the Hillsboro defense has seen to this point in the year. Maplewood absolutely MUST be able to run the football with success to win this game. If they are not able to sustain a ground game this one will be UGLY!!!

EVEN BOSKI HAS TO ADMIT THAT TO BE THE CASE........... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

OOLTEWAH'S up next. very stout run defense

No not really ..here are some facts Cantrell & Hagan did not play week 2 vs Pearl Cohn it was a freshman #22, and just wait he is going to do big things at the wood, now Hillsboro's D is nothing like Hunters Lane .. Hillsboro run defense in the middle is weak... Franklin hit you hard in the middle Stratford piled up good rushing numbers up the middle ..so dont let this past game fool you! Maplewood is not out of anything they will be ready, run and pass .. Hunters Lane D is by far the fastest ive seen this year. remember Maplewood D has only givin up 20 points this season.. so dont count them out because they lost a game... it would be very foolish to do that! thats behind us ..now its a donkey rat standing in the way ... this is what is all about ..region play

path to the playoffs!!

No not really ..here are some facts Cantrell & Hagan did not play week 2 vs Pearl Cohn it was a freshman #22, and just wait he is going to do big things at the wood, now Hillsboro's D is nothing like Hunters Lane .. Hillsboro run defense in the middle is weak... Franklin hit you hard in the middle Stratford piled up good rushing numbers up the middle ..so dont let this past game fool you! Maplewood is not out of anything they will be ready, run and pass .. Hunters Lane D is by far the fastest ive seen this year. remember Maplewood D has only givin up 20 points this season.. so dont count them out because they lost a game... it would be very foolish to do that! thats behind us ..now its a donkey rat standing in the way ... this is what is all about ..regoin play

path to the playoffs!!

Now see, this board would be incredibly boring if it wasn't for boski's "never say die" attitude. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Even if HHS wins on thursday night, boski will be right back in a few weeks talking about how Maplewood will beat Hillsboro in the playoffs and his reasoning will be because it happened last year. We need more shamelessly biased fans on this board.

May there be no injuries in the game Thursday and may the best team win! Go Burros!

Now see, this board would be incredibly boring if it wasn't for boski's "never say die" attitude. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Even if HHS wins on thursday night, boski will be right back in a few weeks talking about how Maplewood will beat Hillsboro in the playoffs and his reasoning will be because it happened last year. We need more shamelessly biased fans on this board.

May there be no injuries in the game Thursday and may the best team win! Go Burros!

no my friend you will be back in a couple of weeks talking about how hillsboro will try to beat maplewood after a lose thursday.

and you right i will be back ..thats what i do ..no matter what happens im always a fan its in my blood!!

you talking like i have admitted that the panthers will lose

where in my post do you see me saying anything about maplewood losing to the donkey rat nation? we win this one, no if and buts about it!!

"We need more shamelessly biased fans on this board. " well u only have to look in the mirror to find another one .. my friend u can throw last year out the window! you looking at different team!

Boski OG/NG 60

c/o 95!!

Panther Pride!!!