Page at Marshall Co.

HesterBeSeeinULater

Officiating didn't win or lose this game. Page, failing to get a 1st down twice on 4th and inches was a big reason for the Patriots loss. I thought both teams looked fairly even in talent. Marshall County has had problems with the clock in every home game. Most of these same officials worked the Hillsboro-Franklin tv game and they did a good job. I thought overall that Marshall Co won the battle in the trenches. I was a neutral observer from out of town.

I agree that both teams were equal in talent, however, we all know playing at home has it's advantages also.

Delayed flags never look good on the refs and we had a couple tonight. Can't wait to see the game tape on the "Phantom Block" either. It it's there, I will gladly recant my statement and eat crow but couldn't find one person in the crowd that saw the block on the kick-off return or coaches after the game. I was too excited to see my son have such a great run to see any blocks, etc.

If they are constantly having clock problems, they need to address it and fix the problem immediatly. No excuse if it's happened before. TSSAA needs to step in and mandate that it be repaired.

Although I value and respect all opinions posted, we'll have to agree to disagree on the play calling issue. True, our lack of 1st down conversions hurt but when the ball placement is so obviously ridiculous, what can you say?? There were some missed facemask calls on a couple of those plays that would have made a huge impact as well.

I have to add, in all fairness, Marshall Co could say the same on some of the missed calls and Page just made some bad play calls.

Any way, a very hard fought game on both sides. Again, extremely proud of our boys and thankful for no injuries.

At least my husband and I get some satisfaction and look forward to Monday nights and sitting with our son to watch the game tape from the previous Friday. We can point out the missed calls, bad calls, great plays, etc. We all can get a little of our frustrations out and get ready for the next Friday Night! Sentimental Mom here but he's a Senior and we only have a few of those nights left with him and plan on enjoying them!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

I can't give you an Amen on everything but we do agree on a few things. My son is on the team (#23) and we were at the game tonight. I can tell you our boys left their heart and souls on that field and I could not be prouder of my son and the rest of the Patriots! Tough loss but a great fight.

Officiating...hate to beat a dead horse but come on? Marshall County given credit for a TD when the kid was obviously on the ground and then stuck the ball over the line? Another "Phantom" block just as my son has the greatest run of his football career! (That one's gonna hurt for awhile!) We missed how many 1st downs by an inch??? Have you ever seen worse ball placement and such obvious skimming?? The clock mysteriously disappears late in the 4th Quarter? So on and so on, it was never ending. Too bad we don't have instant replay in high school but guess that's what makes it so exciting. Hate to sound like a sore loser but we did not get a fair shake again this week.

Coaching....I won't down Daniels but would like to see more emotion out of the whole coaching staff. I know that my son feeds off emotion and the madder he gets, the better he plays. Pump them up, Yell, do something. My husband yells at his 9/10 year team more. I don't understand some of the play calling, especially tonight. I kept asking my husband why we were playing so deep on defense, didn't make sense to me either. I agree that our corners are better than their receivers and couldn't understand why we were giving them yards.

Turnovers...Ouch, too many. (My son included)

Good to see Neel finally get a couple passing TDs. He's got the receivers, use them. Not taking anything away from him or Lankford, both incredible athletes but there is a ton of talent on the team...utilize what you have. Since we scored 2 passing tds, keep passing. I don't understand the need to keep calling the same plays if they are obviously not working, let's mix it up a little, throw something at them that they haven't seen on game tape yet. Our offense is too predictable.

I will give credit to #22 for Marshall County, that kid has one of the best stiff-arms I've ever seen and is a very talented player. Line also looked good, have to give credit to them. Hamburgers were great, fans seemed polite. Even though we walked away with a loss, it was an enjoyable game overall.

Oh, Kudos to the Page Band....you guys are awesome!

Didn't you say after the Centennial game that you were not Wisdom's mother????? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Marshall Co. has beaten Hickman Co. (1), Columbia (3), Page (8), and Creek Wood (3) by a combined total of 15 points to start this season. My hats off to Coach Thomas & Co. In the past those were all games that the Tigers would have likely came up on the short end in but now the Tigers are a team of confidence.

Marshall Co. is playoff bound with this win. They hold the head-to-head against Page & Creek Wood. I don't see any way that the Tigers lose against Spring Hill or Montgomery Central. Look for the Tigers to enter those last two games (DL & GC) with a shot to win the Region 5-3A title.

That Page at Creek Wood game in a few weeks is going to be HUGE and IMO with Creek Wood having gotten a win under their belts tonight the game is going to be a MUST WIN for the Patriots. They can't afford to lose more ground to David Lipscomb, Marshall Co., & Giles Co. + fall 2 games behind Creek Wood (who would really have a 3 game lead on Page with the head-to-head advantage).

Look for Coach Daniels and company to throw everything they have into game planning for the Red Hawks these next two weeks.

Marshall Co. has a shot to go unbeaten in their non-region slate next week when they get a visit from Northwest.

Well this rivarly has always been crazy for years. Paige always plays marshall hard and vise versa. Paige has a decent ball team this year but my personal opinion is that if they could have a little more depth they would be ok.

Now im not taken anything away from the players they have. As far as the refs, the are human beings they are going to make mistakes. If alot of u would try umpire baseball or football or any other sport u would undersatnd. Yes they made bad calls on both sides, but regardless of win or lose u got to move on to the next week. As far as the clock goes it needs to be fixed and they know that. WHAT ABOUT THE LIGHTS AT PAIGE LAST YEAR???????

Im not startin anything on here just tryin to make a point.

Didn't you say after the Centennial game that you were not Wisdom's mother????? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Nope, NEVER denied that, very proud of my son, especially after the Centennial game and his interception at the end.

You accused me of being "MrsCoachT"...remember??!! My kid caught a lot of flack over that at school and it was NOT appreciated. That was the main reason I started posting on this board.

Well this rivarly has always been crazy for years. Paige always plays marshall hard and vise versa. Paige has a decent ball team this year but my personal opinion is that if they could have a little more depth they would be ok.

Now im not taken anything away from the players they have. As far as the refs, the are human beings they are going to make mistakes. If alot of u would try umpire baseball or football or any other sport u would undersatnd. Yes they made bad calls on both sides, but regardless of win or lose u got to move on to the next week. As far as the clock goes it needs to be fixed and they know that. WHAT ABOUT THE LIGHTS AT PAIGE LAST YEAR???????

Im not startin anything on here just tryin to make a point.

First of all, it's PAGE, not Paige.

Secondly, I have umpired/ref girls sports before and yes it is a tough and thankless job. But honestly, any football fan will tell you dogging the refs is half the fun of the game. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Third, I was not at the Page/Marshall Co game last year so I can't speak to the lights but don't remember there being problems with any other games. You stated that Marshall Co had problems with the clock at all of their home games...well, it's time to fix it. I'm sure their fans were just as iritated by not knowing how much time was left on the clock as our fans were. We were hoping for enough time to score and get the 2 point conversion to tie...they were just hoping the clock ran out. It was really frustrating but at least one of the announcers did give us the time once with a little over a minute left in the game.

Any way, your right on one thing...get over it and move on to next week, only thing you can do. As a parent though, it's sure hard watching your child put their heart and soul out there, along with all their teammates and come up just a little short of winning. I can not say enough how proud I am of our boys, they held their own against a very tough opponent and they never gave up.

"One of the most common causes of failure is the habit of quitting when one is overtaken by temporary defeat." Napoleon Hill

Page had 4 turnovers thats hard for any team to overcome, Im very proud of how the team never gave up. the coachs must utilize more players from this team there are to many going both ways and at the end of the 3rd quarter our players are worn out. this has been obvious in the last 4 games.

the team seems to be unraveling, they must come back together. Page has to much talent this year to not make a playoff run. LETS GO COACHS!!

Everyone knows from Past history that you have to take the bulls by the horn when you play Marshall co there. There is no excuse for 4 turnovers.

Now, we are in a must win position at Creekwood. We have no depth at some positions, are the coaches supposed to just throw someone in there?

I will put Daniels up against anyone. When it is 4th and inches...the players have to make plays.

It is time for us to put up or shut up. We do not have an easy schedule....however the second half of the schedule is not as tough as the first half. Use the open date to heal up and get your heads together. At least we know we were evenly matched with the Tigers.

Let's be fans and not do the "parent" thing....it won't do any good. After all...I don't think Daniels had any turnovers himself or missed blocks or tackles.

Nope, NEVER denied that, very proud of my son, especially after the Centennial game and his interception at the end.

You accused me of being "MrsCoachT"...remember??!! My kid caught a lot of flack over that at school and it was NOT appreciated. That was the main reason I started posting on this board.

For the record.......I never accused you of being anybody. That honor belongs to another poster. Look up the thread sister /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Everyone knows from Past history that you have to take the bulls by the horn when you play Marshall co there. There is no excuse for 4 turnovers.

Now, we are in a must win position at Creekwood. We have no depth at some positions, are the coaches supposed to just throw someone in there?

I will put Daniels up against anyone. When it is 4th and inches...the players have to make plays.

It is time for us to put up or shut up. We do not have an easy schedule....however the second half of the schedule is not as tough as the first half. Use the open date to heal up and get your heads together. At least we know we were evenly matched with the Tigers.

Let's be fans and not do the "parent" thing....it won't do any good. After all...I don't think Daniels had any turnovers himself or missed blocks or tackles.

You are right there is no excuse for that many turnovers in a single game, we must play with more focus and intensity

we are limited with our depth at some positions however there are some players that do have enough talent to come in an relieve a starter for a few seriers throughout the game an not hurt the strength of the team if the coachs stager the subs correctly, allowing our starters a short break

my opinion is not complaining about our coachs, I think they are all GREAT coachs, I wouldnt want to see any other staff at Page.

and on the 4th and inchs I believe we made it, we just got a bad spot, that happens this is high school ball.

with this a off week I believe the coachs will have the team back with the focus and intensity they will need for Creekwood and to get Page to the playoffs

we arent idiots....we know daniels isint out there in pads fumbling and missing blocks.... my issue isint with the entire coaching staff. its with the HEAD coach. Its his job to run a tight ship and its not getting done. There too much talent on this team to be 2-3

I already said this before....but here it goes....if you have a problem with him and can point out specific concerns....go straight to the man himself. Airing out on here concerning this team just hasn't been done in the seven years that I have belonged on here and taking shots at the coach on here won't help. Until I hear that you had a sitdown with Daniels....don't expect much support from true Page fans. Neel can't pass the ball to your son every play. I saw this parent "cancer" before on 2001 and 2002 and it sure didn't help things then and it won't now. Besides knowledgable football fans see this for exactly what it is ...an angry parent....everyone knows what Daniels can do and you will get very little support from true fans. How about executing his called plays?

In short, there is time to turn it around but if some of the players think like this...and if they are selfish....it's all over.

Yes....we have talent but we are not deep and that puts us in about the same spot as three other teams in our Region