New Players to Watch for

DonCChatt

Great add Soccerfan58! I don't think that Houston parents are "allowed" to chat on Coach T (at least from what I have heard)....so they could have been overlooked. Both players are huge contributers to their teams, and Olivia earned a spot on the Region 3 ODP pool, too. For Germantown, both Taylor Morgan (MF and Lady Lobos 93) and Heather Holcomb (MF and Lady Lobos 93) are starters for Germantown Varsity.

Yes! Those 2 10th graders are great, I just did fresh.! Germantown's goalie Molly Starnes, 10th grade and Houston's new freshman goalie Kelsie Cunningham also excellent and ODP team mates for the freshmen.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I follow club soccer much more closely than high school, but thought I would add a few names for consideration based on this past season's club play. School soccer is a different animal but you can bet where any 3 or more of these girls play together, the team will be better for it. I apologize in advance for the length.

CHATTANOOGA: I posted my impressions of the D1 Redoubt U14 State Champions on another string. If anyone has info on their schools, they are definitely ones to watch in the Chattanooga area. I know that the goal-scorer from the Baylor v GPS game, McKenzie Thomas, was one of them as I recognized her distinctive hop. The Redoubt website lists the names as follows - but no school info.

Melissa Downs, Teni Butler, Mary Griffin, McKenzie Thomas, Hannah Wyatt, Paige Elliott, Haley Myers, Kaitlyn Poulakis, Laura Johnson, Hannah Ellis, Kelsey Keef, Samira Rahbe, Brianna Prugh, Peyton Thomas, Chloe Brackett

I haven't seen her in club play - but GPS keeper, Simone Busby, is another one to watch. I was told her primary sport is Basketball. With the athleticism and ball awareness she has shown as a freshman and 3 years to develop, she will generate a lot of college interest.

MEMPHIS: The U14 Lady Lobos (D1 state finalists) are a talented group. They have solid foot skills and direct play. If they develop an increased emphasis on overall fitness, they will be hard to beat. The website lists them as follows.

Abby - Collierville

Alex B. - Collierville

Alex S. - Arlington

Allie - St. Benedicts

Chelsea - St. Benedicts

Colleen - Collierville

Emilee M. - Harding

Emily S. - Briarcrest

Kelsey - Houston

Lauren A. - Houston

Lauren M. - Houston

Molly - Collierville

Nicole - Collierville

Nora - Collierville

Olivia - Houston

Shannon - Collierville

Taylor - Collierville

NASHVILLE: The players from the Brentwood 94 have some deep talent. Speed and solid short game skills are their highlights. It is early to tell, but size could be an issue. No roster available.

KNOXVILLE: The Impact Premier 93 were Premier league champs and have some real stars. They have great fundamentals and play a clean, physical direct game. No roster available.

As one of the previous comments stated, High School Soccer can be very frustrating, dangerous. Especially in areas where soccer is slowly making in-roads, nonetheless, Jackson TN. is producing some very talented Soccer players in recent years and at the Club level as well as HS level.

USJ and JCS have historically been the dominant schools in Madison County, but this does not take away from some of the great talent on other teams in this soccer booming town; such as the current talent at Trinity Christian Academy (TCA).

This season in Region 7 District 13 has seen some of the greatest individual soccer talent in "Frankie Carbajal", a 10th grade Sophomore who has been playing her heart out for TCA while dominating the mid-field. So far this season she has a goal tally of 11 goals and counting, numerous assists, and the count on shots-on-goal I am sure are in double digits.

Frankie relocated to Jackson TN area after having spent more than a year in Illinois where she started on her HS (CBA, Normal IL.) Varsity Soccer team while in the 8th Grade. Not only did she letter in Soccer in 8th grade, receive "Offensive player" award, but she also tied for highest goals scored (15) with a senior on same team. Frankie also competed in club ball up north with the 93 Illinois Fusion, playing in tough tournament competition in St. Louis, Indiana, and Illinois.

Prior to moving to Illinois Frankie Lived in Memphis for 8yrs, she played Club Soccer ball for 93 Lady Lobos, 92 Memphis Falcons, and Now will start with the newly formed Memphis team 92 TN RUSH kickers this Winter 08/Spring 09.

TCA has a very young soccer program, and the coaching is mostly made up of volunteer coaches. The girls at TCA have had a very challenging season, but on a personal level they are still growing and doing quite well.

Although TCA is currently 4th in Region 7 District 13, they will look to take advantage of the experience they gained this year to spearhead a winning season next year, as JCS and USJ will no longer be part of Div1 Conference due to their move to Div2.

Look for Frankie Carbajal to lead the charge next year at TCA and help her team fight for a District title...and more!!!

FRANKIE CARBAJAL - 10th Grade - Sophomore- Trinity Christian Academy - 92 TN RUSH KICKERS (Mem)