Coffee County at Wilson Central

whodathunkit?

First time poster, long time lover of football. Just sick of the coaches being blamed, sick of the players being blamed. Coaches prepare hard every week and can't get out there and play for the kids, nor teach them heart. That being said, it is also a team sport. I know the most of the players practice hard too. As coach nunley said, there are SOME of the kids out there not playing their hardest... if one fails, they all fail. I think whodathunkit has a kid on the team and can't take her baby getting yelled at.. grow up, it's football. It builds character. Your kids are a lot better off on that end of the spectrum with Eddie Nunley than they are with Bill Price.

Guess what I have no kids on the team at all. Whether you believe that I dont care. I have never singled out a player and said they dont need to play nor will I. I have only said quit demoralizing them. Give them inspiration. I wasnt a fan of Bill Price either but he did motivate and the kids respected him.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess what I have no kids on the team at all. Whether you believe that I dont care. I have never singled out a player and said they dont need to play nor will I. I have only said quit demoralizing them. Give them inspiration. I wasnt a fan of Bill Price either but he did motivate and the kids respected him.

you can say my stock is falling but i just know what i see on the sidelines.

the blocking may have been better on that drive but go back and count how many tackles he had to break...

see that is what is wrong with coffee county, we want to baby everyone and the second a coach tries to instill a little toughness and discipline, how could you not be a fan of one of the most successful coaches in school history?

I am not much older than these seniors, just a few years, they don't need to be babied they need to be pushed, i wish, no i would have killed to have coaches like coy sisk, eddie nunley and bill price in school.

The players also respect Eddie Nunley. It is the parents that can't get on board with a first year coach who does not have a winning record and is trying to make their kids better ball players. Now, this is a thread about the game, I'll take Wilson Central but hope our boys make a good showing..

the blocking may have been better on that drive but go back and count how many tackles he had to break...

see that is what is wrong with coffee county, we want to baby everyone and the second a coach tries to instill a little toughness and discipline, how could you not be a fan of one of the most successful coaches in school history?

I am not much older than these seniors, just a few years, they don't need to be babied they need to be pushed, i wish, no i would have killed to have coaches like coy sisk, eddie nunley and bill price in school.

Who said to baby them? Noone that I have read. But, there is a difference in calling them dumb----- and f-ing horrible and motivating them to do more than thry could think physically possible. Do you think because you are on the sidelines you have a special scoop on seeing what goes on. Do you think because you are a sportswriter you are more knowledgeable on the art of motivation. I'd take Price and his tantrums over Nunley any day. Price could holler with the best of them, but he never made you feel useless, selfish, or horrible. He could take a whooping and the after game speech made "you" as a community feel there was something to look forward to next week. Not dreading it. If Nunley is so embarassed after every game, maybe he shouldn't show up.

I am done with this subject, for awhile anyway.

I can not believe this has turned into a we want to "baby" everyone argument. Wanting to be treated with the same respect demanded of you is not "babying". It is amazing to me that we equate insults with instilling "toughness" and belittling with instilling "discipline". I dare say if this methodology of instilling "toughness" and "discipline" were used in the workplace or classroom, you would be shown the door. And, people are people whether they are in the workplace, the classroom or the football field. By the way, how's this "instilling toughness and discipline" technique working out for this team so far? I'm just curious -who is this "most successful coach in the school history" to whom you refer?

I can not believe this has turned into a we want to "baby" everyone argument. Wanting to be treated with the same respect demanded of you is not "babying". It is amazing to me that we equate insults with instilling "toughness" and belittling with instilling "discipline". I dare say if this methodology of instilling "toughness" and "discipline" were used in the workplace or classroom, you would be shown the door. And, people are people whether they are in the workplace, the classroom or the football field. By the way, how's this "instilling toughness and discipline" technique working out for this team so far? I'm just curious -who is this "most successful coach in the school history" to whom you refer?

I didn't say the most successful - I said one of the most successful and I was talking about Bill Price

The players also respect Eddie Nunley. It is the parents that can't get on board with a first year coach who does not have a winning record and is trying to make their kids better ball players. Now, this is a thread about the game, I'll take Wilson Central but hope our boys make a good showing..

How is he making them better? I'll take Wilson Central as well

What is it you have to do to be the guru of football like yourself? Play the game on just keep your head up the --- of the coach? What can you tell us about football? What are you talking about school history? It looks like we are headed back to some school history days like 2-8, 1-9, etc.

What is you have to do to be the guru of football like yourself? Play the game on just keep you head up the --- of the coach? What can you tell us about football? What are you talking about school history? It looks like we are headed back to some school history days like 2-8, 1-9, etc.

I don't know who you are... obviously you know who i am... I never claimed to be a guru... but I do know why we weren't a good football team in the past and I know why we were good under Bill Price and have a chance to be good under Eddie Nunley... give me a call and we can talk football

and most of your post make no sense

I don't know who you are... obviously you know who i am... I never claimed to be a guru... but I do know why we weren't a good football team in the past and I know why we were good under Bill Price and have a chance to be good under Eddie Nunley... give me a call and we can talk football

and most of your post make no sense

My bad kinda looks like you wrote the last post for me. Ha ha

My bad kinda looks like you wrote the last post for me. Ha ha

5afootballfan has supported the Raiders through good times and bad times. He always finds some way to make a paositive twist on the game no matter the score. The players LIKE and RESPECT him! I know THIS firsthand.

You come out of nowhere and act like you think you are an expert. Guess what....you AREN'T! Quit trying to stir the pot up and let the coaches do their job. The kids will come along as long as parents don't interfere and second-guess every move the coaches try to make. I know yall sure gave US a game, and probably should have won it..... and we are #5 in the state.

5afootballfan has supported the Raiders through good times and bad times. He always finds some way to make a paositive twist on the game no matter the score. The players LIKE and RESPECT him! I know THIS firsthand.

You come out of nowhere and act like you think you are an expert. Guess what....you AREN'T! Quit trying to stir the pot up and let the coaches do their job. The kids will come along as long as parents don't interfere and second-guess every move the coaches try to make. I know yall sure gave US a game, and probably should have won it..... and we are #5 in the state.

What does Wilson Central bring to the table 2P? ... Obviously speed, but has much changed from last year?