7AAA Volleyball revisited

PHargis

Looking forward to seeing you at the Mid-Tenn Classic, it's been a long time /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

It will be good to see you too. Looks like WC has been getting the job done this year. Congrats. See you next weekend.

It appears that Cookeville is really cooking. I believe a little bird stew is to their liking. What kind of bird, why Seagull of course. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I LOVE IT !!! And might I say it was quite tasty /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cookeville had their Senior Night. Seniors are:Selina Mullinax, Tori Mackie, Samantha Mayberry, Fitzpatrick, Kaycee Green and Emily Hannah. Please correct any spelling.

Earlier in the Week, Siegel had their Senior Night. Would someone post the names of the seniors this year? I have 3 and I know there are 5.

Cookeville had their Senior Night. Seniors are:Selina Mullinax, Tori Mackie, Samantha Mayberry, Fitzpatrick, Kaycee Green and Emily Hannah. Please correct any spelling.

Earlier in the Week, Siegel had their Senior Night. Would someone post the names of the seniors this year? I have 3 and I know there are 5.

Actually Cookeville will have their senior night Thursday Oct. 9th against Lebanon!

Actually Cookeville will have their senior night Thursday Oct. 9th against Lebanon!

I saw the names on a poster on the wall and thoght they had it already and asked a Cookeville parent behind me about the names but i did not think to ask anything else. Congrats anyway next week to the Cookeville Seniors.

Cookeville does have 6 wonderful seniors. They will celebrate senior night next Thursday when they play Lebanon. Congrats on a great season so far to seniors: Samantha Mayberry (setter), Selena Mullinax (DS), Tori Macke (Libero), Haley Fitzpatrick (MB), Emily Hannah (OH - unfortuantely had a season ending knee injury before the season even got started /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> ) and Kaycee Green (OH). Keep pushing and never stop BELIEVING !!!

Tonite, Cookeville and Siegel met the second time this year. Cookeville won 3-1. By Cookeville winning and winning the tiebreaker of fewer sets lost, Cookeville will be seeded first in the District Tournament. Cookeville played a very good match, controlled the net, and I'm sure LoveVB will be on this site with the stats of the match. Kaycee Green, Fitzpatrick, and Dodd roamed the net for Cookeville and kept the Stars off balance. The scores were 27-25, 25-19, 22-25, 25-22. If I might be wrong on any scores, LoveVB will correct the score.

In connection with this match, unofficially Kaycee Green had 25 kills during the match and numerous blocks. Objectively, her performance certainly put her in contention for one of the top players in the State this year.

Not taking away from the fact that Cookeville is playing great vb which they did against us on Tuesday and Siegel has performed well all season. All the teams in this district have two games left and if either of these two teams drop a match you won't have to worry about the tiebreaker. I believe Oakland has the upperhand for third and there is a battle for fourth, fifth and sixth. I wonder what teams Cookeville and Siegel don't want to see in the second round given they take care of their first round business.

Who does Cookeville and Siegel have left in District play next week?

Not taking away from the fact that Cookeville is playing great vb which they did against us on Tuesday and Siegel has performed well all season. All the teams in this district have two games left and if either of these two teams drop a match you won't have to worry about the tiebreaker. I believe Oakland has the upperhand for third and there is a battle for fourth, fifth and sixth. I wonder what teams Cookeville and Siegel don't want to see in the second round given they take care of their first round business.

Who does Cookeville and Siegel have left in District play next week?

Cookeville plays at Blackman on Tues then hosts Lebanon on Thursday. Believe you me they are NOT assuming anything as far as their finish in the district. They are taking it one game at a time and to quote Coach Brooks "You remember what 14-0 got us last year". Blackman, Lebanon, Oakland and Riverdale are all capable of beating Cookeville or Siegel on any given night. Remember the only thing you get out of regular district schedule is your seed for the district tournament. The tournament is what counts - you only move on from there. 7AAA has always been a battle come tournament time and this year will be no different.

LoveVB is absolutely correct and this is best explained as a second season with nothing guaranteed. Yes, Siegel has their match with White, there and Riverdale, there. No one, in their right mind, wants to go in to White at the end of a season in any sport. The trip is too long back. The match with Riverdale is another Battle of the Boro which happens 6 times a year with regularity in VB and is expected what it usually is. And that just leads up to the Tournament, a long dirve to Cookeville and some matches that should and will fill up their Gymnasium and some very close matches. And the District seems closer this year than it has been. So all of this pre-tournament does and does not mean much but only jockeys, except for the top two teams, for seeds and for those who have gone thru this each year, it is an exciting time.

Announcements