Cumberland Gap vs. Happy Valley

CGALUM07

Cumberland Gap coming off a Huge win over rival claiborne, and Happy Valley coming off the beating from Johnson County. Happy Valley holds the overall lead in the series 3-2 and CG is looking to even it up. In the region CG is (1-1) with HV being (2-0) after their win over the regions perennial powerhouse Gatlinburg-Pittman. This should be a good matchup, both offenses can score points and both defenses have the capability of taking over a game. Should be a good one, this is CG's homecoming so hopefully they can take care of business on their homefield. Cant wait.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the biggest game of the season, so far, for CG. A win here gets them right back in the thick of the region race. CG's biggest advantage is they are playing at home. Of course, HV went to GP and knocked them off so who knows!!! CG has to carry the momentum gained from beating Claiborne into this one. They played as good as I've seen them in awhile. If they come out flat, it could be a long night for the Panthers. If they come out strong, then it could be a great night for them! I predict them to come out very strong and win this one and get back in the thick of things in the region!! Work hard in practice this week guys, and don't let up. Carry the momentum with you!!!

CG-30

HV- 14

Go Panthers!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree that the possibility of CG winning a region championship this year is slim, but its not impossible. HV will be ready for CG this week. HV knows what is at stake in this game, its all on them right now, if they win then they only have one more team to get by for that region championship and that is South Greene, but if they lose then its most likely gonna be between GP or SG for the region. On the other side of the coin is CG, they havent been in the region talk this year at all after losing all those seniors last year and an early loss to SG. If they can pull an upset two out of the next four weeks then they are the region champs if someone knock off SG. Its a complicated mess and anything can happen, but for anyone to say that CG is gonna get spanked by West Greene doesnt know this football team. No disrespect to WG and what they are trying to do over there but CG will not lose to them this year, much less get spanked. Friday should be a good one, hope we walk away with a win!

CG: 27

HV: 21

If Hv plays like they can , its not even close. CG has no chance at a conference title this year . They will lose to HV and GP. West Greene might just spank them if they play at home. Better luck next year CG

Please, by all means, come out here with that attitude. Claiborne did the same thing, and look what CG did with them. Don't count the panthers out, they are pretty good at pulling away with upsets.

CG- 35

HV- 24

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I agree that the possibility of CG winning a region championship this year is slim, but its not impossible. HV will be ready for CG this week. HV knows what is at stake in this game, its all on them right now, if they win then they only have one more team to get by for that region championship and that is South Greene, but if they lose then its most likely gonna be between GP or SG for the region. On the other side of the coin is CG, they havent been in the region talk this year at all after losing all those seniors last year and an early loss to SG. If they can pull an upset two out of the next four weeks then they are the region champs if someone knock off SG. Its a complicated mess and anything can happen, but for anyone to say that CG is gonna get spanked by West Greene doesnt know this football team. No disrespect to WG and what they are trying to do over there but CG will not lose to them this year, much less get spanked. Friday should be a good one, hope we walk away with a win!

CG: 27

HV: 21

Come get back with me later on. West Greene will beat Cumberland GAp. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Come get back with me later on. West Greene will beat Cumberland GAp. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ok fellas, last time I checked, West Greene was in week 10. We are in Week 6 now. Nobody from CG should be talking/thinking about anybody except Happy Valley. When week 10 rolls around, then you guys can battle about West Greene. Deal?? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />