Bledsoe County Football

SPLITBACK

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not commented in a few days, but I think this old worn out Warrior will put my 2 cents in.

Past-The truth is Bledsoe used to always play hard and would really hit, but their are only 2 Head coaches in Bledsoe County history that have winning records. Anyone out there already knows who they are so no need to talk about it, that is just the way it is. I thought the world of old coach Warden, but does anyone remember his last season and how many games they won? I mean think about it, our field is named after a coach that had a lifetime losing record. But the past is what it is, we have had some good years under those coaches and everyone knew at that time if you came over to play us we were going to hit and play hard. But that is in the past.

Present-We are looking at a 0 to maybe 2 win season and a program that has made the news for having players and the Head Coach suspended for a hazing incident. You really can't get much below that. Not winning and being in the news for serious discipline problems.

Future-This can be anything we make it. If the administration gets committed to making our program successful and takes the steps that are necessary to make that happen, if the community decides to support the program like they have in the past (and I don't mean just the QB club and a handful or parents because I do remember when local businesses shut down for the big games) when our boys were winning and when TV cameras were there to watch us score not interview people about discipline problems, if the coaching staff (current or new) goes to work at building a program that has the ability to win and gets the boys under control and gets some pride back in the blue and gold, and if the boys are willing to pay the price it takes to win...Then the future will be the best days Bledsoe County Football had ever seen. But if these things don't happen we will continue to do as we have the past few years and continue a long list of losing records.

Go Warriors!

Just a few famous quotes:

"Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear." Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

???Football is like life -- it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.???

Vince Lombardi

???Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price.??? Vince Lombardi

"Let's do work" Big Black via BledsoeBtheboys.

Polecat

Polecat you make me smile!

But i would like to ad a QUOTE!

"Sucess requires training and disipline and hard work. But if you're not frightened by these things,the opportunities are just as great today as they ever were" ---David Rockefeller

Good luck to the blue team from bledsoe friday night be competitive and keep your heads up work hard and make us proud!

I sure hope your right.

With all the Marion, & Sequatchie fans on here giving their advice, why didn't they get behind their 2007 coaches & every just have a big group hug. It's easy to say that when you do not have kids & grandkids looking at being forced to play for a looser & for a struggling ( at it's top level it's struggling) program that the ex- Miami Dolphin & Hubert have run in the ground the past 5 or 6 years. No Parent is going to volunteer & support Hubert after the past several years & esp. what happened to the kids this year ( on the field & in the field house) & if that would have been my grandkids or great-nephew's He ( Hubert ) would have answered to me personally. Not trying act bad or anything but I am very protective of the grandsons. That entire inncodent was uncalled for & he was soley at total fault for leaving the boys unattended.

I think we are going to loose alot of Dayton Mountain kids to Rhea County next year ( we have lost alot in the past few years but I think we will loose alot more if Hubert stays in) Sequatchie will benefit at least 3 middle school starters if he stays in, & wonder how many more will not come out & I think alot of his players this year will not play for him again. Sequatchie & Marion just had a cleaning last year & by the looks of our record as of late & all the off field stuff he has let go on I think he will be the death of our program if he stays in. Mabey the new super will make some changes. I honestly would help in any way I could for a new coach that was away from here, no politics, no getting hired because of who your daddy is junk ( football & boys basketball both have in the past few year & currently still fall under this, & neither coach has or ever will ever produce a winning season) Get us a coach from wherever ( anywhere but here) he will get 100% support from the community & the families & fans we want to win & if you can't win you ain't going to last long anywhere. We have talented kids look at saturday little blue never lost a game, 2 or 3 of the teams are undefeted, but until we get a football minded coach in here we will continue to suffer through 2 or 3 wins seasonsor worse, several more like this one.

Future-This can be anything we make it. If the administration gets committed to making our program successful and takes the steps that are necessary to make that happen, if the community decides to support the program like they have in the past (and I don't mean just the QB club and a handful or parents because I do remember when local businesses shut down for the big games) when our boys were winning and when TV cameras were there to watch us score not interview people about discipline problems, if the coaching staff (current or new) goes to work at building a program that has the ability to win and gets the boys under control and gets some pride back in the blue and gold, and if the boys are willing to pay the price it takes to win...Then the future will be the best days Bledsoe County Football had ever seen. But if these things don't happen we will continue to do as we have the past few years and continue a long list of losing records.

Go Warriors!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Is it hard to get good quality coaches in Bledsoe? How is the teacher pay?

No one knows if it is hard or not. Every football coach except 1 has been a local hire since Kelly Sargent and that was before most people on this board were born. Sanford Quay was not born here, but he taught here and worked his way up through the system. Dickie Brown is the only "outside" coach that anyone tried to hire, and that was after the assistants here were not interested in the job. No one knows if it would be hard or not becuase they just offer the jobs to however is here. Look at the last 2 basketball hires as well. I have nothing against Mr. Cagle, but I don't think anyone was even contacted for an interview. Mr. Cagle has an impressive record with Middle School teams and I hope he does a great job. But we don't know if someone else would have been interested or not. What about the basketball coach before that, he was just given the job after 1 year as an assistant and no one seemed to care that after more than 10 years he never had a winning record. The baseball jobs have been handled the same way, if there was someone here that was interested they just gave them the job whether they could build a program and win or not. The girls sports are not any different either, we are just fortunate with the Softball coach as we have been a couple of times with football coaches. I have already said that there have only been 2 football coaches in history with winning records overall, and if the administrators don't start thinking about what they are doing and try to hire the best people possible to do the job, we will continue to have year after year of losing records in all sports.

Go Warriors

No one knows if it is hard or not. Every football coach except 1 has been a local hire since Kelly Sargent and that was before most people on this board were born. Sanford Quay was not born here, but he taught here and worked his way up through the system. Dickie Brown is the only "outside" coach that anyone tried to hire, and that was after the assistants here were not interested in the job. No one knows if it would be hard or not becuase they just offer the jobs to however is here. Look at the last 2 basketball hires as well. I have nothing against Mr. Cagle, but I don't think anyone was even contacted for an interview. Mr. Cagle has an impressive record with Middle School teams and I hope he does a great job. But we don't know if someone else would have been interested or not. What about the basketball coach before that, he was just given the job after 1 year as an assistant and no one seemed to care that after more than 10 years he never had a winning record. The baseball jobs have been handled the same way, if there was someone here that was interested they just gave them the job whether they could build a program and win or not. The girls sports are not any different either, we are just fortunate with the Softball coach as we have been a couple of times with football coaches. I have already said that there have only been 2 football coaches in history with winning records overall, and if the administrators don't start thinking about what they are doing and try to hire the best people possible to do the job, we will continue to have year after year of losing records in all sports.

Go Warriors

The problem is not someone in the county being interested in the coaching position and getting it(if they have some experience in the sport, and have shown some sort of promise), the problem is the evaluation of the coaches after they get the job and getting rid of them if results are not shown. For this to happen though someone associated with the hiring would have to be interested and actually watch to be able to evaluate the coach in question.

P.S. it should not take 10 years of losing to complete the evaluation.

The problem is not someone in the county being interested in the coaching position and getting it(if they have some experience in the sport, and have shown some sort of promise), the problem is the evaluation of the coaches after they get the job and getting rid of them if results are not shown. For this to happen though someone associated with the hiring would have to be interested and actually watch to be able to evaluate the coach in question.

P.S. it should not take 10 years of losing to complete the evaluation.

Good point! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Go Warriors!