Creek Wood vs Dickson County

ISTHATRIGHT

When will the day come that CW and DC square off in a varsity football game? I can only think of positives for these 2 in county teams to face each other in a varsity football game. You can shut down the county like you did during the state championship in 88, the gate money for both schools will be enormous, the kids from both schools are dying for it to happen. This could be one of the biggest in county rivalries in the state because of the rich football tradition. And it sure can't be because one team is more dominant right now since they only have 1 victory between them. Everyone involved in making this happen needs to sit back a think about how good this could be for both schools and get the chips off their shoulders and MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have family that lives in Dickson and have cousins that attend Dickson Co. High School, so let me offer my insight. I do not know or understand the powers that be in the Dickson Co. or Creek Wood athletic offices, nor will I pretend to, but this is my outsiders opinion.

Creek Wood

Enrollment: 980*

Projected: AA/4A - District 11

6 Conference Games, 4 Non-Conference Games

Dickson Co.

Enrollment: 1,523*

Projected: AAA/6A - District 10

7 Conference Games, 3 Non-Conference Games

*=Enrollment #'s obtained from TSSAA Fall 2008 Enrollment Publication

With the new realignment in classifications and conferences, it seems logical to see this game becoming a reality. With Dickson Co. now playing Henry Co. in conference, and Riverdale not likely to remain on the schedule, there will be atleast two openings on the non-conference schedule. This game would most likely be the season opener for the Cougars, not saying that Creek Wood would be a lighter opponent to start the season with, but the farther into the season this game is attempted to be schedule the more conflicts I can see arising in actually scheduling the game. Therefore, Dickson Co. and Creek Wood, in my opinion, would most likely meet in a season opener sometime in the near future. I can honestly say that I would love to attend this Dickson Co. brawl, coming all the way from my perch in the Tri-Cities of northeast Tennessee.

Not sure why Riverdale and DC would stop playing. This matchup has been going for quite awhile now. The DC/CW game will eventually happen and you're right, it will be a huge money maker for the schools.

The freshman teams have actually played the last two seasons and Dickson has won both games easily.