West vs. Catholic

easttnref

It was closer than the score indicates. West's defense was very good at stopping several break-aways. Catholic had one PK midway in the 2nd half that hit the upper right crossbar. West's second goal game late in the game on a Mixon break. Catholic had a slight advantage in shot-on-goal numbers. But again the defense kept West in it. IF and that's a big IF, West can find the right offensive alignment, especially with some of the very capable freshmen, they have a chance against just about anybody.

It was closer than the score indicates. West's defense was very good at stopping several break-aways. Catholic had one PK midway in the 2nd half that hit the upper right crossbar. West's second goal game late in the game on a Mixon break. Catholic had a slight advantage in shot-on-goal numbers. But again the defense kept West in it. IF and that's a big IF, West can find the right offensive alignment, especially with some of the very capable freshmen, they have a chance against just about anybody.

Was all or most of Catholics Offense still coming from the freshman standout I think reece reesing? i am not sure

I've been on travel for most of this season, so I have missed almost all the big games. This one surprised me also. I talked to some parents who were there and they told me that in their opinion Catholic dominated the offensive game and West the defensive. I was told that Reece had 2 shots that should not have been stopped, but West's Kaitlyn Cody came up with incredible saves on them, one which came at her so hard and fast, she had to bend over backwards to save after trying to tip it over the goal (in fact the parents questioned whether it was actually a goal). They also said that the last goal West put in was in the final minute or so after Catholic pulled its defense forward to score. I agree that Catholic has other good players. They're a very young team. Lots of potential for the future.

Farragut has been the (a)typical hot and cold team. They played very well in the 7-1 win, controlling play and only giving up the goal with starters on bench. Will be interesting to see what team comes to play during tournament time.

Farragut must be in the hot stage with a big win over Oak Ridge.