New Classifications for 2009-2010

Svebakken

Here is the link to the new classifications:

http://www.tssaa.org/Classifications/2009Classes.htm

Lots of surprising changes, especially in Division 2. There are only 9 Boys teams in Class AA for the whole state?? But over 20 in Class A?

Several strong A/AA teams now jump to AAA, including Knox. Catholic, Jackson Northside, Station Camp, Seymour, just to name a few.

And some AAA teams dropped down to A/AA. Kingsbury will probably be one that will make some noise dropping a class out in the west. Greeneville may be one of the better AAA teams to drop in the east.

Some other changes in the west that I thought were interesting were JCM and Liberty going back to A/AA and Dyer County moving to AAA. Dyesburg just stayed under the line to stay in A/AA.

It will be very interesting to see what the new districts and regions will be when they are released.

Does anyone else have any thoughts about these changes?

So has Greeneville decided to go A/AA? Didn't they voluntarily go AAA in the last classification?

I also didn't know that Anderson County was that big.

There are some big changes coming (I think the biggest since I have been coaching). Catholic, FRA, and USJ moving out (or up, however you want to classify it) is pretty big.

I'll like to see the new districts. Akula, I have a feeling we will be back in the same district again.

I am waiting on the final announcements in november. The landscape has changed drastically. I hope they think about soccer when rezoning the districts, b/c I know of some road trips of almost 2 hours within a district. I'm glad to see that some teams may be dropping down into A/AA, it seemed like alot of the top teams were leaving for D2 or moving up b/c of growth. I know it is a year away, but I find it exciting to see some change with new teams to play.

G, I honestly hope so. I love our matches, just not the results so far. It would make for some definite excitement leading up to that game in the reg. season. Plus you are only a 30 minute drive with traffic. I'm over the 1-2 hours bus rides.

I think it could gear up to be a GREAT district rivalry! (Plus it allows me to see you in all your "blonde" glory!!!).

I am with you, too, in seeing some good AAA teams coming down to A/AA. And I am also weary of the 2 hour bus ride for a DISTRICT match, especially when there are A/AA schools 30 minutes away from us that are in another district! (Alcoa, Austin East, Fulton, and even Seymour were about an HOUR closer than Scott, Oneida, and Stone Memorial). I hope the TSSAA puts a little more sense into these districts than they did in the last one (but I may be hoping for too much!)

G, I honestly hope so. I love our matches, just not the results so far. It would make for some definite excitement leading up to that game in the reg. season. Plus you are only a 30 minute drive with traffic. I'm over the 1-2 hours bus rides.

And another thing, while I know you would have preferred to win, I have to say that you shouldn't judge the "results" of the matches just by the win loss ratio. I remember in years gone by when the Alcoa game might have been a 5 or 6 goal victory. Now, you have raised that program to a true state contender, which we scraped by with an (un)fortunate occurrance. I think you should hold your head up high. You have brought Alcoa to great heights, and will continue to do so. I truly look forward to our matches in the future!

Thanks for the kind words, I remember those days years ago as well. Last years match was a classic. I know the fans got a great show, regardless of who they were rooting for that night. I know my boys were hurting, but isn't that also something to be proud of in hindsight? They care so much and work so hard for the chance to compete. The reason I mention that is to bring the attention to my players, both current and former that trusted some random guy years ago to believe in a program that they hadn't seen yet. Didn't go well early, but they have made it work. I was blessed with a great group of kids and an amazing old one who didn't know me from adam 6 years ago, but gave me a chance. Now prepare for battle in paintball!!!

How come no one else seems to have fun like we do???

The LATEST that I have heard is that the schools that we thought were going AAA (Catholic, Seymour, Anderson County etc.) were actually not being moved to AAA in soccer (other sports were being affected, but not soccer) I don't know how this is the case, though, when the enrollment figures puts them above the 1000 mark (in Catholics case, with a multiplier).

Once again, I guess we will not know for sure until November.

• 3 weeks later...

The new districts and Regions are now up on the TSSAA website:

For A/AA - http://www.tssaa.org/A-AAdistricts.pdf

For Div. 2 - http://www.tssaa.org/d2regions.pdf

I'm assuming the AAA is the same as it is for football and everything else, since nothing else is posted. And if it is, District 4 is a tough place to be with Bearden, Farragut, Catholic, West, Maryville, Lenoir City, you'd have a tough time arguing that is not the toughest district in the state.

Some of the other areas are sort of messed up, I know it is hard to please everyone, but they really should take into account which schools even have teams for each sport. In the A/AA west in Region 7 and 8, it is really odd. Only 2 teams in District 13, with 9 or 10 in District 14. (Which means that they will not even have a district tournament only a region tournament with just 2 teams in one district, which has happened in Region 8 the last few years.) And then in Region 8, there are 11 or 12 teams in District 15, with only 3 teams in District 16. (At least 3 is enough to have 2 district tournaments.)

Anyone else have some thoughts on the new districts?