Region 3 2A

bratt22

It won't be called Region 3 2A since they are going to districts instead. I think I seen it called called class 3A district 4, and it would consist of Bledsoe, Sequatchie, Grundy, Signal Mountain, and Chattanooga Christian. Like someone else said, I don't think Signal has enough people, but who knows. Wish Marion was in this district though.

how big is Red Bank.....there numbers were down with Signal opening this year.....surley they wouldn't be in this ...but you know they will have at least 6 to 7 teams in this district.......

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I counted 20 AA schools in the area, from Grundy County all the way over to McMinn Central. I am guessing Tellico Plains might move up to so they can stay with opponents like Polk and Meigs. That's plenty to have 3 districts. I'd say Grundy, Bledsoe, Sequatchie would be in one, the Cleveland-Athens area schools like Polk in another. I don't know if they'd go strictly by school location or try to figure in old rivalries like Brainerd-Howard when putting together another potential district and completing the others. If by location, a very wild guess would have it like this maybe:

First number is playoff class, each would be AA in the regular season.

3A-Bledsoe Co. High School 542

3A-Sequatchie Co. High School 681

3A-Grundy Co. High School 757

3A-Howard School of Academics & Tech. 695

4A-Chattanooga Christian School 428 = 770

3A-Hixson High School 761

4A-Red Bank High School 981

3A-Tyner Academy 553

Collegedale Academy 381 =686

4A-East Ridge High School 857

4A-Brainerd High School 906

4A-Notre Dame High School 507 =913

4A-East Brainerd 948

4A-Chattanooga Central High School 1065

3A-Meigs Co. High School 559

3A-Polk Co. High School 603

3A-Sweetwater High School 667

4A-McMinn Central High School 802

4A-Sequoyah High School 982

+ possibly Tellico Plains and/or even Loudon if the Knoxville area district is full.

I counted 20 AA schools in the area, from Grundy County all the way over to McMinn Central. I am guessing Tellico Plains might move up to so they can stay with opponents like Polk and Meigs. That's plenty to have 3 districts. I'd say Grundy, Bledsoe, Sequatchie would be in one, the Cleveland-Athens area schools like Polk in another. I don't know if they'd go strictly by school location or try to figure in old rivalries like Brainerd-Howard when putting together another potential district and completing the others. If by location, a very wild guess would have it like this maybe:

First number is playoff class, each would be AA in the regular season.

3A-Bledsoe Co. High School 542

3A-Sequatchie Co. High School 681

3A-Grundy Co. High School 757

3A-Howard School of Academics & Tech. 695

4A-Chattanooga Christian School 428 = 770

3A-Hixson High School 761

4A-Red Bank High School 981

3A-Tyner Academy 553

Collegedale Academy 381 =686

4A-East Ridge High School 857

4A-Brainerd High School 906

4A-Notre Dame High School 507 =913

4A-East Brainerd 948

4A-Chattanooga Central High School 1065

3A-Meigs Co. High School 559

3A-Polk Co. High School 603

3A-Sweetwater High School 667

4A-McMinn Central High School 802

4A-Sequoyah High School 982

+ possibly Tellico Plains and/or even Loudon if the Knoxville area district is full.

If you are correct Indian, then the only way to revive the Sequatchie Valley Series would be to fill the remaining four spots on the schedule with three valley teams and only one other team. We would need to pick up all three Marion County schools. There would be a good chance of scheduling conflicts and maybe not getting to play an old rivalry like MCHS. Playing Red Bank and CCS should give a team a good idea of how strong they really are.

On the bright side I see more parity in the region when it comes to the playoffs.

If you are correct Indian, then the only way to revive the Sequatchie Valley Series would be to fill the remaining four spots on the schedule with three valley teams and only one other team. We would need to pick up all three Marion County schools. There would be a good chance of scheduling conflicts and maybe not getting to play an old rivalry like MCHS. Playing Red Bank and CCS should give a team a good idea of how strong they really are.

On the bright side I see more parity in the region when it comes to the playoffs.

the whole thing this year with the tssaa was to cut down on travel, cost and keep old rivals.....i don't think this does that...if BC, SC, GC.....have to go across the mnt.......NOTHING as far as cost and rivalry has changed.....heck if anything we are losing a valley team in Marion......i say put the valley together and break them up at playoff time....the old SVC....that sounds good.....less travel....bigger gates.....more money for the teams.......

the whole thing this year with the tssaa was to cut down on travel, cost and keep old rivals.....i don't think this does that...if BC, SC, GC.....have to go across the mnt.......NOTHING as far as cost and rivalry has changed.....heck if anything we are losing a valley team in Marion......i say put the valley together and break them up at playoff time....the old SVC....that sounds good.....less travel....bigger gates.....more money for the teams.......

I agree JH, I still think we will play the valley teams.

if they don't make the districts so big we can't.....its the tssaa.....you never know

Good point Mr. Outsider and you are a smart man, but we are dealing with the TSSAA and they can't figure things out as easily as you seem to have grasped the concept. Anyway I think the main problem with the TSSAA is that they try to make everyone happy and end up making no one happy.

Good point Mr. Outsider and you are a smart man, but we are dealing with the TSSAA and they can't figure things out as easily as you seem to have grasped the concept. Anyway I think the main problem with the TSSAA is that they try to make everyone happy and end up making no one happy>

your right.......and most of the time its because there trying to make a hand full of teams happy...."want say were or who"...and just plain mess it up for everyone. but i will say this.....they need to think of the schools that have to travel....and i don't mean in the major cities.