lenoir city girls

cthlc

The willy Blount girls are going to stuggle too just like it sounds like the LC girls will in their District. No real upper classmen support and very young. The will rely on their freshmen newcomers and soph. returners. It was tough last year from what I have heard, only winning one game. From what I just read in the paper the WB girls are now 2-0. That was kinda shocking to me. When does LC and WB play one another? That should be a well matched game.....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White County pulled one out....LC SHOULD have won the game. LC down by 20 points going into the 4th qtr and went ahead by 1 point with 2 minutes to go.

What beat LC ultimately??? FREE THROWS....not sure what the percentage was, but it had to be below 40%.

LC played well considering of the 9 players they played, 5 were freshman.

I also thought White Co. was a weak bball team.

Didn`t they all come from the great team at North everyone talked about last year? We thought they were going to be a great class. Powers was the only descent player of those 5. If those other players came from North they must of not played any good teams!

Didn`t they all come from the great team at North everyone talked about last year? We thought they were going to be a great class. Powers was the only descent player of those 5. If those other players came from North they must of not played any good teams!

All but one of the five came from North. Powers was the only one from the freshmen class who saw any playing time in preseason scrimmages and play days. These girls stepped up to replace injured or out of town players and brought LC back from a 20 point deficit to losing by 3 points. If that doesn't prove their ability what does?

All but one of the five came from North. Powers was the only one from the freshmen class who saw any playing time in preseason scrimmages and play days. These girls stepped up to replace injured or out of town players and brought LC back from a 20 point deficit to losing by 3 points. If that doesn't prove their ability what does?

Problem is, Lee is playing a few girls that aren't ready. Powers did hold her own the other night but the other guard struggled all night and I'm not quite sure why he is playing her. Bottom line is, she's not very good and is only playing because her parents want her to.

White County pulled one out....LC SHOULD have won the game. LC down by 20 points going into the 4th qtr and went ahead by 1 point with 2 minutes to go.

What beat LC ultimately??? FREE THROWS....not sure what the percentage was, but it had to be below 40%.

LC played well considering of the 9 players they played, 5 were freshman.

I also thought White Co. was a weak bball team.

I agree, White County was as strong as most thought. I keep up with local teams and thought this matchup would be good and it was but several girls I have seen play AAU with some very good teams never seen any action. Are these girls younger because I know one is a very good player. Is it because they might be younger?? Thoughts??

I agree, White County was as strong as most thought. I keep up with local teams and thought this matchup would be good and it was but several girls I have seen play AAU with some very good teams never seen any action. Are these girls younger because I know one is a very good player. Is it because they might be younger?? Thoughts??

Lee has coached most of these girls in AAU. Maybe they lack confidence or don't perform well in practice. They are all good and play great when given time on the court. They will be able to prove themselves in JV and freshmen games

LC success will be in the future...next year and the year after.

This years team is probably a 500 team, but you never know. I think if a couple of freshmen could come in and add some additional help then they may surprise some teams.

I expect, LC to win some games this year that they are not suppose to.

I try to keep up with local teams and thought LC played ok and gave a great effort but you were right when you mentioned White County was weak. Let me ask this, one guard played well the other night but the other girl struggled (Freshman I believe #4) but the coach still played her. I have seen one girl that never saw any action play at Karns during the fall aau and was wondering if anyone knew who she was. Smaller girl but a very good player.

I try to keep up with local teams and thought LC played ok and gave a great effort but you were right when you mentioned White County was weak. Let me ask this, one guard played well the other night but the other girl struggled (Freshman I believe #4) but the coach still played her. I have seen one girl that never saw any action play at Karns during the fall aau and was wondering if anyone knew who she was. Smaller girl but a very good player.

I think you might be talking about Marriot, sorry not for sure on her first name. I think she played for the Knoxville Lady Panthers. My daughter played against her, (don`t let her size fool you).

Kelsey Marriott is her name. Agreed, she is a scrapper and is a good player and a great kid to be around! Shannon Parks is a very good player- one of the better sophomores in East TN. She has dislocated her right shoulder and may be back in a few weeks or may have to have season ending surgery to repair the damage. Should know one way or other shortly. Any team would miss her as will LC if she is out any length of time.

Kelsey Marriott is her name. Agreed, she is a scrapper and is a good player and a great kid to be around! Shannon Parks is a very good player- one of the better sophomores in East TN. She has dislocated her right shoulder and may be back in a few weeks or may have to have season ending surgery to repair the damage. Should know one way or other shortly. Any team would miss her as will LC if she is out any length of time.

Will LC win any ball game this year? They don't seem to have any enthusiasm and not playing well as a team. What's up? They seem to be struggling on both ends of the court.