lenoir city girls

cthlc

They can only go forward from this season. The loss to Farragut was embarassing. The entire groups of benchwarmers should have played the last quarter of that game. They can be a success in the next 3 years without some playing time this year. At least the JV and freshmen teams are having a great season! Here's looking to next year!

I agree with you, lets win some games!! It is sad that some of the older players on this team are BAD influences and should have been kicked off this team along time ago. Bad grades, bad behavior what more needs to be said. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you, lets win some games!! It is sad that some of the older players on this team are BAD influences and should have been kicked off this team along time ago. Bad grades, bad behavior what more needs to be said.

I know what you mean. The bad influences were rewarded for their behavior by starting games. That is a sad example of discipline and makes all the girls on the team look bad by simple association.

True so very true!!!

More losses in the last quarter when LC was keeping in the game. Coaching is the problem not the players. There is no transition game and the offense has to wait on coaches to yell at them from the bench. They are smart girls who can play the game without being screamed at by coaches. There is no intensity, enthusiasm or any other emotion from the bench for that matter. These girls are losing all confidence and self esteem because they have no support from their coaches unless you call pointing out all their faults a morale booster.

More losses in the last quarter when LC was keeping in the game. Coaching is the problem not the players. There is no transition game and the offense has to wait on coaches to yell at them from the bench. They are smart girls who can play the game without being screamed at by coaches. There is no intensity, enthusiasm or any other emotion from the bench for that matter. These girls are losing all confidence and self esteem because they have no support from their coaches unless you call pointing out all their faults a morale booster.

The lack of motivation by the coaches is bleeding into the JV game as well. Sad to see the talent wasted.

I know what you mean. The bad influences were rewarded for their behavior by starting games. That is a sad example of discipline and makes all the girls on the team look bad by simple association.

If the coaches were playing the young players then they would be disrespecting the upperclassmen...it's a lose lose situation for the coaches..unless you are winning, then you can do whatever you want.

If the coaches were playing the young players then they would be disrespecting the upperclassmen...it's a lose lose situation for the coaches..unless you are winning, then you can do whatever you want.

If they would win then you wouldn`t have to worry about playing underclassman. After awhile these coaches seem to kill all of the teams spirit etc........

If they would win then you wouldn`t have to worry about playing underclassman. After awhile these coaches seem to kill all of the teams spirit etc........

Ya think? The LC teams can't even think for themselves, they have to wait for the coach to yell at them. Sort of like robots and wind up dolls. There is no disrespect for an upperclassmen who is not performing well, it is not about playing time at the high school level.

They get benched if they call plays and if they try to move to the paint without being told to do so.

Thank goodness AAU is just around the corner!!!

Ya think? The LC teams can't even think for themselves, they have to wait for the coach to yell at them. Sort of like robots and wind up dolls. There is no disrespect for an upperclassmen who is not performing well, it is not about playing time at the high school level.

They get benched if they call plays and if they try to move to the paint without being told to do so.

Thank goodness AAU is just around the corner!!!

What a great comment about AAU... Its surprising that players and parents love AAU.

1. You pay the coach and team and can leave the team whenever you want

2. You typically don't have to play a lick of defense, its all about scoring and stats

3. Coaches need your kid on the team so they placate

4. Discipline is not exactly the most frequently taught skill in AAU

And before someone posts a response...I know all AAU teams are not like that..blah blah blah..but i have watched a lot of AAU over the years and thats the impression i get

Maybe your child gets benched when they do something they are not supposed to be doing. I grew up playing basketball where the coach was respected (not always right but respected), this helped to teach me discipline and respect, I did what he told me not because he was "right" but because he was my coach.

I bet the LC coach cant wait for AAU either!!