Warren Co.-Ensworth

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starters score on another long pass. 36-7. (Guess they do have a kicker.)

"Young guys" in with 8 mins left.

On the other side of town: MBA 38 Ryan 0. Running clock. MBA backups in the game 1/2 way thru the 3rd.

EHS started the game with most starters not playing both ways. Midway through the 3rd quarter, the starters started playing both ways, but then the starters were totally pulled with about 9 to go.

On another note, EHS' kicker from last year graduated, and this year's kicker was lost for the season against Father Ryan.

EHS started the game with most starters not playing both ways. Midway through the 3rd quarter, the starters started playing both ways, but then the starters were totally pulled with about 9 to go.

On another note, EHS' kicker from last year graduated, and this year's kicker was lost for the season against Father Ryan.

I started paying attention at the beginning of the 3rd and several guys were playing both ways.

In any event, EHS clearly had the better athletes. Warren Co looked better with the backup QB in the game.

It's amazing that EHS already has that sort of depth in just the second year of varsity football. There must be a lot of people out for the football team there.

It's amazing that EHS already has that sort of depth in just the second year of varsity football. There must be a lot of people out for the football team there.

9 of 22 starters for EHS tonight were seniors: 5 on offense and 4 on defense.

They played 4 sophomores and one freshman. The other 8 were juniors.

Of the 10 starting linemen on O and D, 6 were seniors. QB (senior) is what makes them tick. Not sure #10 (junior) will be as much of a force without the veteran line and the QB next year.

Their D will struggle against a team with a power running game (If that exists anymore).

I think every healthy member of the team got some playing time tonight. Usually when the freshmen and sophomores are in the game on D, the other team can get a cheap touchdown, but I was impressed with EHS' inexperienced players and the way they hung in there. I also saw a little more passing from EHS tonight, but I must admit, Orleans played much more than I expected.

Then they all got in the last 9 minutes 'cuz they were nowhere to be seen before then.

There were a lot of players who usually don't start in the game for the Tigers for much of the night. But yes, you're right, most of them came in in the last 9 minutes, which is to be expected. Even 9 minutes of playing time for all our freshmen is impressive.

Not negative. Just keeping it real.

One win does not a championship make.

By the way. might want to check out this thread for the scenario if BGA beats EHS next week. (Unlikely, I think)

http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.p...81236&st=36

I Just don't like how you accuse Ensworth of trying to run up the score. I also understand that Ensworth has a lot of football left to play, and that there are some good teams that they have to beat if they want to win a championship.

I Just don't like how you accuse Ensworth of trying to run up the score. I also understand that Ensworth has a lot of football left to play, and that there are some good teams that they have to beat if they want to win a championship.

I call it like I see it. I know a lot of sophomore parents who see it the same way.