USJ, A force to be reckoned with this year?

baseballordie

The 2005-2006 team was pretty good. Didn't they finish second in the district that year? That team would have been very good had Brad Brown not moved away before school started.

Either way, it sounds like they'll be in good shape when they move to D2.

You are right. My fault.

They should at least be a little more competitive in D2, IMO. Teams will have the one or two stars as usual, yet they usually aren't as deep with atheletes as the public schools in this district. I hope things turn around and bring a little more interest to this sport at that school.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russell will have a strong, young team this year with only one junior and one senior the rest are sophs and a few freshmen (Glover, Winslow) will make bids for playiing time. He has a few sophs that did not play much behind a senior dominated team last year. The guards they have this year will not turn the ball over - Miller is one of the best ballhandlers in West TN. The key will come down to knocking down shots and hustle on the boards. They do not have a replacement for a 6'10" center Brennan Torstrick, but they should be fun to watch.

Several teams in this conference graduated everyone and the JV team won their share last year.

Northside will win hands down - the rest is up for grabs. As always, can't wait for it to start!

Russell will have a strong, young team this year with only one junior and one senior the rest are sophs and a few freshmen (Glover, Winslow) will make bids for playiing time. He has a few sophs that did not play much behind a senior dominated team last year. The guards they have this year will not turn the ball over - Miller is one of the best ballhandlers in West TN. The key will come down to knocking down shots and hustle on the boards. They do not have a replacement for a 6'10" center Brennan Torstrick, but they should be fun to watch.

Several teams in this conference graduated everyone and the JV team won their share last year.

Northside will win hands down - the rest is up for grabs. As always, can't wait for it to start!

sorry mojo but usj is going to win the region. it will be a tough fought battle but the bruins will pull it out.

Well I guess we'll see when the season comes. And by the way the freshman was listed as the #3 prospect at a recent Vanderbilt University showcase.

Any showcase "evaluation" in any sport must be taken with a grain of salt. You gotta be careful what you read into the feedback.

Even if this is true you still don't need to discard the source unless you have witnessed it, which i have

You may be 100% right on with this kid. I'm just saying people put stock in showcase evaluations like they are the gospel one way or the other (good or bad) and they are not. The best thing about them is they have an athlete to perform with other talented kids around them. Can be a great growing experience. But in the end, they're just one of the tools available to truly evaluated a kid or for the kid to make decisions.

bballlordie - What inside game does USJ have? Their top returning player is only 6'3" and he is not a muscle man. USJ needs to win at least 1 district game against anybody before you can start dropping title references.

Is Preston Overby playing? He's apparently a beast in any sport he plays.

sorry mojo but usj is going to win the region. it will be a tough fought battle but the bruins will pull it out.

usj is not impressive at all without their big time tall guy anymore... i'll say they may win ten games this year... finishing fourth or fifth in the district. no athleticism. the haywoods and northsides will punish them severely... better plays lots of zone!!!

usj is not impressive at all without their big time tall guy anymore... i'll say they may win ten games this year... finishing fourth or fifth in the district. no athleticism. the haywoods and northsides will punish them severely... better plays lots of zone!!!

Of course, no one gave the football team a chance of being 8-1 at this time during the year, and hopefully finishing season 9-1 after tonight-----lots of the same kids who have shown they are winners (on and off the field and court).

That's the reason we play the season ! Good luck Bruins