USJ, A force to be reckoned with this year?

baseballordie

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if this is true you still don't need to discard the source unless you have witnessed it, which i have

First of all.....if you are talking about the kid that transferred over from Trinity, you need to slow down. Scoring a lot of points against middle school competition on a team where you are the only one allowed to shoot is in no way a reason to start talking about winning a district in which you lost 4 starters and haven't won a district game in two years.

Second of all.....if this is the kid that you are talking about, if I remember correctly, the shoot first-pass second (if at all) mentality will not go over well with Tommy Russell.

Third of all......this is a rebuilding year over there at USJ. Probably shouldn't be drawing the bull's eye any bigger than it already is.

JMO

As you all know USJ graduated 4 of its five seniors all except for Grant Diffee. The guard play for USJ was terrible. Neither of the starting guards could handle the ball. This year rising sophomore E.J. Miller will run the show for the bruins. He can handle the ball and score at will. He will be joined by Charlie Brackeen, Austin Martindale, and Colton Norton. Brackeen worked hard over the summer, and has developed a deadly mid range jumper, and provides solid leadership. Freshman John Ross Glover also provides sold scoring and rebounding. If USJ can rebound and defend they will have no problem competing in their district.

Usj last year actually had a very talented team. Their spot of weakness was guards they had one guard that was good the other when he was on the court all heck broke loose, but at the end of the season they would compete with teams in their district for about a half then die coming back after half and the main reason was because of their confidence and intensity. This yr is different i know alot of th Usj players and they know it will be tough, but they believe in their team. This doesn't mean that they will win district but placing fourth in district for them would be a pretty good improvement. Also a problem for them is height. They won't matchup as well, but they will make up for it with quickness, smart team play, and havin more intensity on the court, and if they don't do this they won't win. Simple as that. Yes, they will have enough to play even if the football players are gone. They will have to play iron man way without any subs. They won't win district. However either way it should be an exciting season for the young team.

first of all there is no such thing as 4 point shooting and second of all their offense would rely on fast break points off of tunovers and not the half-court offense

how can you rely on turnovers when all you play is zone. which is all i've ever seen them play... and who is going to rebound on casey prather??? eh good luck with that assignment.

First of all.....if you are talking about the kid that transferred over from Trinity, you need to slow down. Scoring a lot of points against middle school competition on a team where you are the only one allowed to shoot is in no way a reason to start talking about winning a district in which you lost 4 starters and haven't won a district game in two years.

Second of all.....if this is the kid that you are talking about, if I remember correctly, the shoot first-pass second (if at all) mentality will not go over well with Tommy Russell.

Third of all......this is a rebuilding year over there at USJ. Probably shouldn't be drawing the bull's eye any bigger than it already is.

JMO

first of all the guards last year were not nearly as good as the one's this year are and the freshman has shown no signs of a shoot first mentality. I think your just jealous cause he would outball you any day

first of all the guards last year were not nearly as good as the one's this year are and the freshman has shown no signs of a shoot first mentality. I think your just jealous cause he would outball you any day

I'll ignore your last little comment, since you are obviously a kid, yet I will ask this.......other than Miller (who can play), exactly what guards this year do you have that you did not have last year?

Ok i would like to say something about Austin Martidale.

Austin Martindale is one of the quickest high school athlete in west Tennessee. He is also great at catching. This combination makes an unbelievable stealing ability. If I am not mistaking, i believe he can make lay ups. Therefore i believe he could really shake things up this year and next year.