District 5A Predictions

yomomma

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously?!! Is this even a question? It's obviously going to come down to Grace and Temple like the past five or six years. David Brainerd, Silverdale, Copper Basin?!! Not even remotely close to the Eagles and Crusaders. The matchups between these two this year should be as classic as ever. And they both will kill the other teams in the district. But since the question asked is "Who will win?", I'll say Temple. Again.

Due to a transfer SBA will have a decent frontcourt, but no guards with varsity experience will hurt them in the end.

Seriously?!! Is this even a question? It's obviously going to come down to Grace and Temple like the past five or six years. David Brainerd, Silverdale, Copper Basin?!! Not even remotely close to the Eagles and Crusaders. The matchups between these two this year should be as classic as ever. And they both will kill the other teams in the district. But since the question asked is "Who will win?", I'll say Temple. Again.

No Doubt it comes down to Temple and Grace in the end. I see Silverdale puttin a scare into one of those two at least once this year. I think Copper Basin will be the suprise team of the bottom three.

Here is how I see it:

The top two teams will be Temple and Grace per usual. I believe Silverdale will be competitive but not quite strong enough to take over position as #1 in the district.

In regards to Grace vs. Temple:

Temple is returning Johnson, Sexton, Kemp and getting Andrews back from his season ending surgery last year. They also have Peterson and Montgomery, but they did lose Rector which will hurt them defensively.

Grace has Herman, Church, Harper and Shaughnessy which is a pretty good combination. If the guards can consistently break the press and feed the ball to Patrick, Grace will be tough to beat. We all know Herman can score, but if Herman AND Patrick are getting their points each night...watch out. Defensively speaking...Grace lost the shot altering/blocking presence of McMasters which will be tough to replace. That being said, they still have Shaughnessy down low to create havoc and rebound the ball. He has to stay out of foul trouble b/c he is Grace's only really reliable and experienced big man.

If the season started today...I would give the edge to Temple. They have a good head coach and that group won some huge games last year to go deep into the playoffs. Plus, Sexton is one of the best all-around players in the city. Temple just always seems to win when it matters the most...in the tournaments.

That being said Grace should also be very good and those two regular season games should be GREAT!

Good luck to all the teams in District 5A

No Doubt it comes down to Temple and Grace in the end. I see Silverdale puttin a scare into one of those two at least once this year. I think Copper Basin will be the suprise team of the bottom three.

I think David Brainerd tops Silverdale, and the copper basin games have too much emotional significance for DBCS and their coach (seeing as he is from DBCS) has a tendency to blow up and lose it when things aren't going his way.

DB will be much improved with the new disciplinarian style of Coach Kirk

I think David Brainerd tops Silverdale, and the copper basin games have too much emotional significance for DBCS and their coach (seeing as he is from DBCS) has a tendency to blow up and lose it when things aren't going his way.

The 2 top teams in the district are Grace and Temple. The top team of those two will be who can play the best team ball...which right now gives the edge to Temple. If herman shoots 30 times a game then Grace will get clobbered by Temple. If Grace can play unselfishly and feed Patrick the ball which would then open it up for Grace's other guards...they should be in good shape. I dont think anyone can stop Patrick if he stays out of foul trouble. Also, I would like to see Grace play a zone with Patrick being as big as he is.

District Standings:

1a) Temple

1b) Grace

3) Silverdale - better than the rest in this district.

so you think coach kirk is better than coach kidd? Are you serious? here is a guy that took a team that won 3 games before he got there. they won 6 his first year, which i know is not saying a whole lot but comparing it to hat had been going on there before. Then he wins 11 or 12 games the next year? you guys should have been trying to keep him instead of trying to get "yes" men in there for the ol' doc. I'm not going to even mention what he did for baseball over there. So he was fiery and got some technicals every now and then, he was the ony one with emotion on the team and that is why DB will never get out of the bottom of that district. I wish them all the best because they have some good kids but if it comes down to coaching in a DB vs. CB game coach kidd would would make kirk look silly. No, disrespect to Mike cause he was at hixson for a while but being an assistant and being a head coach are 2 different things.

Also, no way DB beats Silverdale. SBA has too much size and talent for DB to stay with them.

so you think coach kirk is better than coach kidd? Are you serious? here is a guy that took a team that won 3 games before he got there. they won 6 his first year, which i know is not saying a whole lot but comparing it to hat had been going on there before. Then he wins 11 or 12 games the next year? you guys should have been trying to keep him instead of trying to get "yes" men in there for the ol' doc. I'm not going to even mention what he did for baseball over there. So he was fiery and got some technicals every now and then, he was the ony one with emotion on the team and that is why DB will never get out of the bottom of that district. I wish them all the best because they have some good kids but if it comes down to coaching in a DB vs. CB game coach kidd would would make kirk look silly. No, disrespect to Mike cause he was at hixson for a while but being an assistant and being a head coach are 2 different things.

Also, no way DB beats Silverdale. SBA has too much size and talent for DB to stay with them.

bulletin board material

I'm not going to even mention what he did for baseball over there.

oh yea that whole thing where he got outcoached by grace's and silverdale's coach in the district tourney was outstanding, and he was real good at yelling "WE NEED TO HIT GUYS"-but let's save baseball for baseball season

Yes, I think Coach Kirk's discipline and conditioning will ultimately serve DBCS's players better and put them in better position to win against good teams and allow them to continue their streak of wins against lesser quality teams

oh yea that whole thing where he got outcoached by grace's and silverdale's coach in the district tourney was outstanding, and he was real good at yelling "WE NEED TO HIT GUYS"-but let's save baseball for baseball season

Yes, I think Coach Kirk's discipline and conditioning will ultimately serve DBCS's players better and put them in better position to win against good teams and allow them to continue their streak of wins against lesser quality teams

if this is who i think it is you didn't even play basketball. and furthermore do you think coach kidd didn't run those guys enough? they were out of shape? or unprepared? you have got to be kidding me. alot of talk from somebody that didn't even play.