Hey OS91

Guest KKV

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not heard about the transfer from Oak Ridge, but have heard some things about the foreign exchange student.

Apparently, she is tall (over 6') and athletic (plays handball). As far as basketball skills, I have not heard anything. I think she is a junior and is only staying one year.

If you watched Oliver Springs last year, you know that they could use some size and athleticism in the post. Especially with the loss of Morgan.

I wasn't aware there were transfers.. Who are they and what positions do they play?

I honestly believe the Lady Cats could have a better season than last year and win 30 plus games. OS plays a tougher schedule than last year, so competition and wins will be harder, but OS should be considerbly better than last year team with the young retrurning talent as well and which spells trouble for competition. Right Now, I see McMinn County as the team to beat in AA ball with Teams like Upperman, LA, Jackson County, Tellico Plains, Giles County , Walker Valley, and OS as challengers for the AA trophy. I tink OS has a tremendous chance to improve greatly and put together a run at the AA championship this year.

Look for Junior PG Laura Hall to be a finalist for Ms. Basketball in AA. Look for Hackworth and Wampler for big things out of Wampler and Hackworth even more than last year as they mature more from their freshman campaigns.

Posted by bballtn:

Heard OS has another transfer from Oak-Ridge,and another exchange student,what do you know anything about these two? How good do you think girls will be this year?

The exhange student's host family went to Europe a couple months ago to tour around, see past students they had hosted, and to see the one they'll be hosting this next year. I was talking with a member of the host family and he claimed that while they were having some kind of backyard barbeque or something, she caught a football in one hand while eating a BBQ sandwich with the other.

I'm not sure about many football players that can even do that. :D

OS has always been very successful at having European players. Claire Mollison from Scotland played for UNCC and the Bobcats her senior season. If this girl is that athletic at 6'0 and caught with one hand and plays handball then OS might have found a missing link that could elevate them into contention with Mcminn Central as possibly the favorites. If anyone is familiar with handball they know it is patterned in many ways after basketball in the flow of the game. Hopefully she has some basketball experience. If anything, her athletic ability will allow her to become a dominant rebounder.

She does have basketball experience, but I am not sure how much. This should give OS flexibility to play different defenses and offenses.

If she is as athletic as advertised, I would not be shocked to see her contesting the inbounds pass on the press. This would give the quicker players a better chance to get in the passing lanes.

Also, on offense she may be able to step out on the floor. However, if nothing else, she should be able to rebound.

I also heard through the grapevine that you can expect to see Coach Summitt at some of the games this year. Wonder who she'll be watching? :D

I heard yesterday the exchange student was at school,and is even bigger than advertised about 6'3" and well over 200 lbs what will this mean with there returners? Plus transfers from Oak Ridge,Morristown,Harriman plus two sophmores coming back in Hackworth leading rebounder last year,and Wampler about 6' getting playing time as Freshman.And L.Hall back for her Junior year,and two girls from middle school around the 6' mark?

Guest observer1216

Who is the transfer from Harriman? As far as I can tell all of Harriman's players are back, other than those that graduated. Same as rabidwildcatfan said, if there is a transfer she probably was just going to be a distraction and not a contributor.

[Edited by observer1216 on 8-26-02 11:11A]

Yes, Monk is the only transfer that will be playing for the girls bball team this coming season. As for the Oak Ridge girl, no one has really said much about her around school. Tia Goins is back from Morristown West and will definitely help the Lady Cats out with returning post players Wampler and Hackworth. I wish the Lady Cats the best of luck! :D