Who Should Make All-State

DonCChatt

MVM - you state that I left off some MVP selections.... would you elaborate, please. I would like it to go down in the record for their sake.

As I stressed at the beginning of my blog, this was my humble opinion. Thanks Flash for coming to my defense.

oh, and MVM.... just for the record, I don't wear glasses when I watch a game.... rose colored or any other color for that matter. I can't ! Enough said on that one, too!

Correct me if I am wrong or if I pushed your buttons by not mentioning your daughter.

I find it hard to understand why the other posters in the other regions that are listing things like this in their opinion aren't getting trashed. hmmmm..... the world may never know!

Elaborate....No, I said I would not.....

And as for my daughter, I have NEVER POSTED her name on these boards, nor will I. She gets enough recognition with out dear ole Dad plastering her name everywhere. Thank You.

Tuff I apologized earlier for being harsh, but apparently I rattled your cage. Hummmmmm....and my apology was not excepted.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elaborate....No, I said I would not.....

And as for my daughter, I have NEVER POSTED her name on these boards, nor will I. She gets enough recognition with out dear ole Dad plastering her name everywhere. Thank You.

Tuff I apologized earlier for being harsh, but apparently I rattled your cage. Hummmmmm....and my apology was not excepted.

Like DonC said, it could be she had an off game when I saw her play - if I have seen her play. Either that or she could be young. I have been heavily involved in this region for the past eleven years and if she is a freshman, that might explain it OR I just passed her up for another player that might be more well rounded and talented..... could that be it? Please, do tell ! - If I wrote everyone that I thought had a good reputation previously or that might be on the scene now, the list would last forever. I took the best players off each team. Some teams have more because they have better players. Baylor for example had alot, but their record and talent warrant that....they show a class act on the pitch too. Never heard a foul mouth on any of them. Notre Dame had alot, again, extremely talented. A little rougher around the edges on the mouth, but nothing I haven't heard before....Soddy and CCS as well had a number of talented players represented and they are great teams in their divisions...I tried to round it out. Didn't put much for the Owls....maybe that is why your feathers are ruffled. Or, let me guess - MVM stands for Middle Valley Majic which would put you as a Hixson or Soddy parent - the world may never know your true identity. Unless of course, we figure out who the MVP selection player is that you refer to and it will lead back to you. Anyone want to pull the mask off?

Apology "accepted" ~ Right back at ya. It's all in the spirit of the game anyway. Like I said, I will try to keep my opinions to myself next time this firestarting topic rolls around. Afterall this is exhausting!

To the best of my knowledge, there are two all-state teams. One is picked by the sports writers, and the other by the coaches. And of course there are local/area 'all' teams. It is my understanding that one has to be chosen for a district team, then a regional team, to be eligible for the state teams. I quess there could be some exceptions, but not certain. While I am sure there are some talented girls appearing in the state champ games, I think the selections come from all teams based on the individual positions, the work throughout the season, character, and coaching input. It wouldn't surprise me if there are other factors, but I don't think an appearence in the state games makes you all-state......but it probably doesn't hurt unless you have a bad game.

Anyone want to pull the mask off?

Apology "accepted" ~ Right back at ya. It's all in the spirit of the game anyway.

Tuff I have met many coacht posters, and have enjoyed each meeting. I look forward to someday running in to you. If you were a plus member than we could exchange identities. I assure you my harsh response had nothing to do with my daughter.....What I find funny is I think your a ND fan, which might mean we already know each other. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

"G" I'm moving on.

I guess I am just excited that my team didn't lose today or just glad it's almost over. My problem, the limit of numbers. I think DonC put the #s out of x for AAA and y DII and so forth. I guess I don't see how you can cut off an a # vs talent. If 7 forwards score 30 plus goals and only 6 can be "all state", our process stinks. Who do you cut the senior who is done or the freshman who is just starting. If your team scores 100 plus goals and my team only allows 6, where's the all state athletics? The strikers or the defenders, OH! you are limited by T S S A A and only so many can be recognized. Awards and honors are great and you can tell the grand kids, but every coach we have talked to didn't want it on paper, they want it on the pitch.TSSAA should spread the love. One year TN might have 42 deserving "all state" girls and the next 38 or the next 45. They should be recognized. I don't see how you draw the line. The STATE CHAMPIONS are 14 or 17 or 19 "ALL STATE PLAYERS" , they just proved it. IMHO /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="