Seigel nightmare

Strawplainswhopper

WAY TO GO TSSAA! Another mess at siegel high. Thanks for taking 10 dollars of my money for parking also. Seems they are more interested in the cash than kids. Ive never seen a more of a mess trying to herd the crowd around. I felt sorry for the officials. They were good at crowd control. I hope all the parents complain very loudly. Seems to me they have opened up a good title 9 lawsuit. Why dont we move all our football games to the local high schools when it comes to the state championships? Word at you, TSSAA FIND A SPACEOUS PLACE FOR PEOPLE TO WATCH THESE GREAT TEAMS PLAY FOR 2009.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAY TO GO TSSAA! Another mess at siegel high. Thanks for taking 10 dollars of my money for parking also. Seems they are more interested in the cash than kids. Ive never seen a more of a mess trying to herd the crowd around. I felt sorry for the officials. They were good at crowd control. I hope all the parents complain very loudly. Seems to me they have opened up a good title 9 lawsuit. Why dont we move all our football games to the local high schools when it comes to the state championships? Word at you, TSSAA FIND A SPACEOUS PLACE FOR PEOPLE TO WATCH THESE GREAT TEAMS PLAY FOR 2009.

Who gets the $5.00 for parking? T$$AA or the siegel Baseball Team - also, siegel and Blackman are given the opportunity to have concessions - how is ANY of that fair?? What is good for the goose is good for the gander!

I hope I live to see the day that T$$AA finally gets it and stops treating volleyball like a red-headed step child!

The State Tournament should be played on a college campus. PERIOD!! However, if T$$AA continues to 'farm' this tournament out to siegel & Blackman then other schools in this great state should be given the same opportunity.

There will be time to analyze playing the Tournament at Siegel and Blackman. If you was charged $10 for one day parking, I would suggest you take your ticket to the gate of the Arena and tell them of the case and they will get someone to get in to it and find out how it happened. The Parking ticket says that the price is $5.00 to park. Siegel was crowded both days and Schools rented busses and brought a lot of students. While I did not see it, Blackman did have a great crowd but A/AA and DivII was there and having large student attendance did not have as much impact. To the students credit, and they were great, when the match was over, they got out of the playing area very quickly so the next wave of students could get in to the arena. The comment on crowd control and security was absolutely right. If this had been done any less organized, it would not have worked as well as it did. Siegel was full most of the time and Blackman had a crowd all of the time but it was not as full. AAA schools brought a lot of people. Independence, Cookeville, RedBank, Anderson Co., Houston County brought huge crowds. Tomorrow Dobyns Bennett is bringing bus loads of students for the semifinals along with Independence and Brentwood will also along with Redbank. Friday is the day that all schools in Middle Tennessee bring their teams to see the State Tournament. AA and DII will have normal crowds except for Greenbrier, Boyd, Ryan and Page who will bring good crowds. ALL DAY THERE WERE SEATS IN THE UPPER AREA OF THE ARENA TO BE USED. PARKING, WHILE COMPLAINED ABOUT, IS NEAR THE ARENA WHEN YOU COMPARE IT WITH MURPHY AND THERE IS NO LONG ROW OF STEPS TO WALK TO THE ARENA. NO LONG LINES WERE SEEN AT THE TICKET TABLES AND THEY WERE WELL MANED. WHILE CONCESSIONS WERE BUSY, THEY WERE WELL MANNED AND ORGANIZED AND HAD MANY ITEMS NOT SEEN AT MURPHY. AS WAS STATED THOUGH, THIS EVENT WAS PROMOTED FOR STUDENT ATTENDANCE BY THE SCHOOLS AND THE LAST PART OF THE SEASON, MANY SCHOOLS HAD AN INCREASE IN STUDENT INTEREST IN VOLLEYBALL AND IF YOU COULD HAVE SEEN THE MATCHES AND SKILLS SHOWN AT THIS STATE TOURNAMENT, YOU WOULD HAVE UNDERSTOOD WHY ALL OF THESE STUDENTS SHOWED UP. Tomorrow will be a good attendance day also. The patrons at Siegel and Blackman worked very hard on this event and while there were some logistic problems, everything did move along well and the Schools with large attendence did move in and out of the arena quickly and the presence of Security was noticeable and controlled the scene. This subject should be covered later after the Tournament is over.

I have no dog in this fight and cannot attend this year due to work commitments but I will say this: If TSSAA is going to move from MTSU then they should give ALL high schools the opportunity to bid on holding the tournament. Who gets the $$ from parking? Concessions? Doesn't seem fair to me that a couple of schools get to host year after year. When was the last time this tournament was held outside of Middle Tennessee -- not since at least 2000 when my oldest was involved.

Don't shoot the innocent. If I (or you) were a parent/teacher/coach at Blackman or Siegel, you too would want the income from concessions and/or parking -- heck, who wouldn't. But it IS up to the TSSAA to make it fair to ALL schools, especially since they AREN'T being fair to the girls.

Sorry folks 5 dollars at each site, sorry for the mess up! Dosent matter however, they will have a mess trying to control the crowd. Why dont we take some of the salaries of TSSAA and get a nice spot for our kids. Dont defend these people, ive watched for years them screw our kids over and over again. Speaking of football, glad to see they finally figured out that Maryville has over 1500 students! Anyway good luck to the officials for trying to control the crowd from the floor.

The Siegel coaches and parents should be commended for trying the best they could. I have no issue with the parking or the concessions as they were well manned and courteous given the large number of people attending. I agree if its not at MTSU it should be moved around the state. My issue is with the rudeness and unsportsmanlike conduct of the student sections of Independence and Red Bank, including the father on the front row loudly cursing the umpire who was so out of control he had the security guard watching him very closely). I love it when the students are loud and boisterous, it makes for a great atmosphere. But these two groups were out of control, yelling comments directed specifically at the players of the other teams, Independence even yelling hateful, hurtful comments at the other team's girls as the girls first entered the gym. They also had no respect for matches in progress while entering/exiting. For Independence the boy in the white tank top on the front row with a number 5 should have been removed from the gym. Kudos to the Siegel coach for finally standing in front of the Independence group to keep a watchful eye. No player should have to try to serve in an environment where the tens of spectators are 5 ft away with arms outstreched, screaming personal comments in their ear. In the Red Bank/Brentwood match the Red Bank fans were terrible. To have an entire section act, parents included, in that manner (and I for one can hear the difference in BULLSH** vs PUSH IT). These two schools should be forced to have a school representative attend and be placed in the front row of their student section to ensure their students display at least some civility. And what's up with allowing whiteboards for students to share insults ? Seems like a recipe for escalating the situation.

I am not there this year, but have been there in the past. I thought is it was bad when I coached in some of the state tournament games at the high schools, I can't imagine the situation now. I am disappointed and feel sad for the teams that are participating in a Glorified (regular season style) High School Tournament.

As far as the problems mentioned above, almost all of the problems would have been solved if the tournament would have been played in a college arena. Try Nashville with Vandy, Lipscomb, Belmont, Trevecca, Cumberland ... I bet you could have named three arenas and played the games there... i am sure those colleges would have loved to had prospects on campus with their parents!!!

All state finals for all state tournaments are in the Boro. The Boro and the surrounding areas are supposed to be the best sport areas in the state, as well as being in the middle of the statea. My daughter plays travel ball and everything is in the Boro for that, too. It is very frustrating. I am an East TN girl and just once would LOVE not to make the drive.

The Siegel coaches and parents should be commended for trying the best they could. I have no issue with the parking or the concessions as they were well manned and courteous given the large number of people attending. I agree if its not at MTSU it should be moved around the state. My issue is with the rudeness and unsportsmanlike conduct of the student sections of Independence and Red Bank, including the father on the front row loudly cursing the umpire who was so out of control he had the security guard watching him very closely). I love it when the students are loud and boisterous, it makes for a great atmosphere. But these two groups were out of control, yelling comments directed specifically at the players of the other teams, Independence even yelling hateful, hurtful comments at the other team's girls as the girls first entered the gym. They also had no respect for matches in progress while entering/exiting. For Independence the boy in the white tank top on the front row with a number 5 should have been removed from the gym. Kudos to the Siegel coach for finally standing in front of the Independence group to keep a watchful eye. No player should have to try to serve in an environment where the tens of spectators are 5 ft away with arms outstreched, screaming personal comments in their ear. In the Red Bank/Brentwood match the Red Bank fans were terrible. To have an entire section act, parents included, in that manner (and I for one can hear the difference in BULLSH** vs PUSH IT). These two schools should be forced to have a school representative attend and be placed in the front row of their student section to ensure their students display at least some civility. And what's up with allowing whiteboards for students to share insults ? Seems like a recipe for escalating the situation.

I agree wheres the staff that brought these kids to watch? If you cant be a young man or lady then stay home! Cheer for your team but leave your trash at home, this is a disgrace to all the girls who have worked so hard.And also nothing wrong with the siegel and Blackman folks, great job guys! This was just to overwheming for local high schools,

Announcements