Cascade vs. Columbia Academy

FridayMainEvent

Playoff Winner  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Playoff Winner

Ahhh so it comes out that you played for JB. Your guys have had great teams the past few years and if you read in the Cascade - JB thread I commended you guys on it many times. Now I wonder if you playing Cascade so low in your opinion has anything to do with the loss a few weeks ago??? I think JB still has a great ball team but I think Cascade is the better team this year. Why do I say this because Cascade did not play a great game offensively and they still found a way to beat JB in the dungeon. Another poster put in a comment about Cascade beating Forrest by only one, Eagleville by three, and JB by one, but the bottom line is good teams find a way to win no matter the score or outcome. I hope you guys make it back to the third round again and Cascade as well so we can have an all region 5 rematch in the third round. Your comments about preparing and not overlooking a team has no effect on Cascades coaching staff or their players because they are not typing on here. It is simply fans stating their opinions. I guess we can go back and forth on this all week or we can just see where the cards fall. Good luck to all teams this week and to both regions in their quest to make it to the boro.

i have no affinity for jb or any other team. just for football in general. i am honest and unbiast in all of my post unless someone calls me out. you haven't done this and i thank you for that. jb needed to get beat in order to do well. if we had been beaten in 2005 or 2006 we would have probably won the state championship. as a team our mentality was that we had already won the game. i knew that we would loose the games we lost before they even started. the game between cascade and jb was a classic this year. they were very evenly matched. however, cascade is a choke artist in the playoffs and have proved it year after year. my opinion of them is very high, but i am a realist. for some reason they do very very well in the season and then fall to inferior teams in the playoffs. the only thing i can contribute that to is mentality. you have to be humble to be a champion. that much i have learned. and the reason i play their record so low in my mind is from personal experience as well. 13-0 and then a 36-14 loss in the semi's. i played both sides of the ball that entire game and we were destroyed by a team that wasn't as good as us. i will admit it that year MTP was better than we were and we shouldn't have won that game, but Union city wasn't even in our league yet they still beat us. they beat us because we knew we were better and looked to far ahead. i think that is cascade's problem. each week is a new season boys and it could be your last. treat it as such. good luck to all.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His Dad used to post on here a lot when he played. I think there were some harsh words between JB faithful because his Dad was either criticizing other players or the Coaching. I can't remember for sure. Feel free to correct me if that is incorrect, CPR.

you are correct. my father used to post with my membership during the season. i didn't read any of this. i wanted to keep my mentality and perspective on the field. i only read during the offseason. i do not wish for any hard feelings toward this screen name, and i apologize for any comments made on this thread by my family members, but now i am the only one who posts.

i have no affinity for jb or any other team. just for football in general. i am honest and unbiast in all of my post unless someone calls me out. you haven't done this and i thank you for that. jb needed to get beat in order to do well. if we had been beaten in 2005 or 2006 we would have probably won the state championship. as a team our mentality was that we had already won the game. i knew that we would loose the games we lost before they even started. the game between cascade and jb was a classic this year. they were very evenly matched. however, cascade is a choke artist in the playoffs and have proved it year after year. my opinion of them is very high, but i am a realist. for some reason they do very very well in the season and then fall to inferior teams in the playoffs. the only thing i can contribute that to is mentality. you have to be humble to be a champion. that much i have learned. and the reason i play their record so low in my mind is from personal experience as well. 13-0 and then a 36-14 loss in the semi's. i played both sides of the ball that entire game and we were destroyed by a team that wasn't as good as us. i will admit it that year MTP was better than we were and we shouldn't have won that game, but Union city wasn't even in our league yet they still beat us. they beat us because we knew we were better and looked to far ahead. i think that is cascade's problem. each week is a new season boys and it could be your last. treat it as such. good luck to all.

All I can tell you is this is a completely different Cascade team and I respect your opinion. You and everyone else have every right to look to the past in saying Cascade is a choke artist but the team will prove it on the field that this team has a chemistry to it like it never has before. What I say has no barring on how the team is taking their approach to each game. They will prepare this week like it is win or go home and that everyone is 0=0 now. They won the region championship but that is in the past now and the new focus is winning five more games in a row.

All I can tell you is this is a completely different Cascade team and I respect your opinion. You and everyone else have every right to look to the past in saying Cascade is a choke artist but the team will prove it on the field that this team has a chemistry to it like it never has before. What I say has no barring on how the team is taking their approach to each game. They will prepare this week like it is win or go home and that everyone is 0=0 now. They won the region championship but that is in the past now and the new focus is winning five more games in a row.

There is not a team in Region 5 that can afford to look past any team. Looking past can get you starteded on basketball real quick. I have never accused Cascade of choking in the playoffs though they have encountered some very good teams. I think that once the season resets then anything can happen. Cascade I know will come prepared for the 1st round. They like JB are taking one game at a time.

you are correct. my father used to post with my membership during the season. i didn't read any of this. i wanted to keep my mentality and perspective on the field. i only read during the offseason. i do not wish for any hard feelings toward this screen name, and i apologize for any comments made on this thread by my family members, but now i am the only one who posts.

That's fair enough and I really appreciate the honesty. As I said, I had no dog in that fight, but remembered the internal bickering. I'm sure it's in the past for most regulars here as well.

As for your comments about Cascade. Can't really argue a bit. The past two years, expectations were high and the team chalked up losses to JB as a "mental letdown", bad luck, wet field, etc... In truth, they were outplayed and outcoached in my opinion. Nothing against any of the players or coaches, but that happens sometimes.

Probably the biggest difference I've seen with this team is expectations were much lower entering the season. Most realistic fans were looking at a 6 or 7 win season and hoping to battle for one of the lower playoff spots. The die-hard CoachT folks will remember I've been touting this years junior class as comparable or better than the huge senior class from last year. Not many believed that, but they have came out and proven it. I large part of this teams success lays on the shoulders of our 3 year starter at QB. Carkuff is seasoned and knows how to keep his team mentally sharp to face adversity. Having played several close games this season and winning 4 of them in the 4th quarter should have this team better prepared for playoff ball. I'm not going to predict a deep run because in years past that hasn't worked out well. I will state that this team has as good a chance to make a deep playoff run as anyone since I don't see any West team as head and shoulders better than everyone else. I think there are about 6 teams in region 5-8 that have pretty equal odds of going to the Boro with Cascade being one of them.

Again, CPR, I appreciate your honesty. It is very refreshing to see. I hope you'll continue to post more often on here.

Cascade must do better on special teams in the playoffs. I have been to the Eagleville and WHH games and they didn't stay in their lanes well. I am sure the coaches are working hard to correct this.

We have been with the Carkuffs for a few years now until they went to Cascade. Jacob has really matured since getting there and runs the offense great. He has been in command the two games we have watched and his attitude seems to flow to the other players. Not looking ahead, but if all goes well Cascade has to go back to Jo Byrns in the third round, totally stupid but oh well. Good luck everyone!

Cascade must do better on special teams in the playoffs. I have been to the Eagleville and WHH games and they didn't stay in their lanes well. I am sure the coaches are working hard to correct this.

We have been with the Carkuffs for a few years now until they went to Cascade. Jacob has really matured since getting there and runs the offense great. He has been in command the two games we have watched and his attitude seems to flow to the other players. Not looking ahead, but if all goes well Cascade has to go back to Jo Byrns in the third round, totally stupid but oh well. Good luck everyone!

I'm confused why would Cascade come back to the Dungeon in the third round I thought that we would come to the Stable in a rematch? Like you not looking ahead of course we have to get past Moore County first.

I'm confused why would Cascade come back to the Dungeon in the third round I thought that we would come to the Stable in a rematch? Like you not looking ahead of course we have to get past Moore County first.

According to the brackets the bottom teams have the home game in the 3rd and 4th rounds. I remember an undefeated Riverdale having to go to Cookeville a few years ago under this scenario. I could definitely be wrong but this is the way I understand it.

If both teams are blessed enough to make it to the third round and face each other, which is my hope. cascade would travel to jo byrns if current TSSAA rules were followed. and what a game that would be. it would be comparable in suspense to the 21-20 win over MTP in 2005. not to say who would win but that is how close I think it would be. it would go down to the wire just like the last game. that would be one to go see.

If both teams are blessed enough to make it to the third round and face each other, which is my hope. cascade would travel to jo byrns if current TSSAA rules were followed. and what a game that would be. it would be comparable in suspense to the 21-20 win over MTP in 2005. not to say who would win but that is how close I think it would be. it would go down to the wire just like the last game. that would be one to go see.

That is the craziest thing that I have ever heard I knew that was the case if the two teams were in different regions but I didn't know that it included teams in the same region. So if both Jo Byrns and Cascade were to both take care of business Cascade's reward would be another trip to the Dungeon? Well I refuse to think about that at the moment there is a lot of football to be played before then we have to worry about the blue raiders this week. I was at that 2005 game it was a thriller.

That is the craziest thing that I have ever heard I knew that was the case if the two teams were in different regions but I didn't know that it included teams in the same region. So if both Jo Byrns and Cascade were to both take care of business Cascade's reward would be another trip to the Dungeon? Well I refuse to think about that at the moment there is a lot of football to be played before then we have to worry about the blue raiders this week. I was at that 2005 game it was a thriller.

yeah. i played in it on both sides of the ball and it was even more suspenseful out there. i thought i was going to have a heart attack on that last offensive drive they had. then when aaron yates intercepted it I could hardly contain myself. it was the best feeling (besides beating east robertson in overtime).

yeah. i played in it on both sides of the ball and it was even more suspenseful out there. i thought i was going to have a heart attack on that last offensive drive they had. then when aaron yates intercepted it I could hardly contain myself. it was the best feeling (besides beating east robertson in overtime).

I couldn't talk for days after that game. I know what I do to myself as a fan I can only imagine if I was one of the players. I can only imagine the thoughts that end up going through a young mind hiked up on all that adrenaline. My heart stopped when Yates intercepted that pass(there is a family connection for me there). I wonder how someone has the stamina to play both sides of the ball and play it well (I have a son that is doing it now of course he is not the only one.)