Franklin REBS

hsbballfanrebsownu

• 2 weeks later...

11aaa will be somewhat competive this year but I expect the REBS to

march through without to much trouble. The question is who do we have to

beat to get to the Boro. I am picking Maplewood to be our strongest challange. Anybody

else in Metro that will be good this year?

Don't overlook Brentwood, The Tiechman/Tidwell combo is nasty from what I hear.

I think that whatever two teams come out of the region will make it to the Boro. it is a 3 team race (franklin brentwood maplewood) for two substate berths. maplewood is the most athletic and talented, franklin is the deepest and most experienced, while brentwood is in their 2nd year with coach king and has teichman inside. it is too early to pick which two but whoever wins the 11-AAA tourney is a virtual lock for a birth in the region championship. wouldnt be surprised to see hillsboro make a run with mcmillan some young athletic players and thweatt(sp) is a very good coach.

Hillsboro maybe our biggest challange in district 11AAA. I am hearing they are very good. I still look for the

REBS to win this district going away. This group of seniors have won every championship since the eight grade (except 1). I really don't look for them to lose now. To much talent and they play together very well.

As far as Brentwood we have Haddix and Starnes inside both will do well against brentwood. Don't hold your breath waiting for a Brentwood upset. Brentwood will not be able to stop our 3s or starnes / Haddix in the paint. As far as 11AAA we lose one game every 3 years to bad we lost a game last year...

After we win the district again... Maplewood looks like the best out of 12AAA but I am not sure who else in 12AAA is going to challange who does Mcgavock have back?

Talked to a kid who saw Franklin and Antioch scrimmage yesterday. He said Franklin won by about 30 points? He also said that Franklin had a big kid playing well inside, I'm pretty sure it isn't the Starnes kid cause he is still ballin on the football field? Antioch i knew was going to be a little down, but 30 points down? That's interesting and not good for metro.