CBHS-MBA

Should be a great battle on both sides of the line, as left DE Ligon is also a D1 prospect. Good genes here as older brother captained the TN Vols team a few years ago. As far as Brucker at right DE, he may not be a D1 football prospect but he has incredible speed and strength. The latter is supported by TSSAA state championships in both the Shot Put and Discuss over the past few years. These two bookends have tallied 18 QB sacks and 33 tackles for loss YTD, and each have missed a game or two with injuries. Again, I pray both are healthy as strong play from the CBHS defensive line will be needed to contain the high-powered MBA offense.

As mentioned earlier, I do think this game will be decided by special team play, particularly that of the kicking game. CBHS should be confident here as Acosta (kickoffs & long FG's) and Sexton (punts, FG's, PAT's) are the best I have seen in Shelby County. From what I hear, junior Acosta is already getting serious looks from several D1 schools based on his ability to consistently put the ball in the end zone.

Can't wait for Friday @ 7pm. Go Brothers!

Should be even in kicking-Fletcher consistently puts kicks into the end zone, and has a couple of 50+ field goals. Lassing is a very good punter.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If past games have any say so in punting, the big red wont need to punt very much... this game will be won in the trenches... a couple of d ends cannot carry an entire team

I'm sure Tom Brady and the Patriots could tell you about how the giants d ends unhinged a great offense in the super bowl. But look for Wise's athleticism and his ability to throw the ball well on the move. It will be interesting to see if he will be able to scramble and by time for his receivers to get open. But MBA better be ready for a battle because CBHS seems to always play the Big Red in a hard hitting slugfest.

Should be a great battle on both sides of the line, as left DE Ligon is also a D1 prospect. Good genes here as older brother captained the TN Vols team a few years ago. As far as Brucker at right DE, he may not be a D1 football prospect but he has incredible speed and strength. The latter is supported by TSSAA state championships in both the Shot Put and Discuss over the past few years. These two bookends have tallied 18 QB sacks and 33 tackles for loss YTD, and each have missed a game or two with injuries. Again, I pray both are healthy as strong play from the CBHS defensive line will be needed to contain the high-powered MBA offense.

As mentioned earlier, I do think this game will be decided by special team play, particularly that of the kicking game. CBHS should be confident here as Acosta (kickoffs & long FG's) and Sexton (punts, FG's, PAT's) are the best I have seen in Shelby County. From what I hear, junior Acosta is already getting serious looks from several D1 schools based on his ability to consistently put the ball in the end zone.

Can't wait for Friday @ 7pm. Go Brothers!

Who has offered Ligon?