Do you think 7A should be expanded?

BuffaloFan

Should District 7A be expanded?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should District 7A be expanded?

What is your opinion of adding Van Buren and Gordonsville to Distict 7A basketball? good or bad? Van Buren may be coming..... or what if you went past the time zone and Oneida or Sunbright were added? interesting, but doubtful...

Look at the classification maps on the TSSAA website.

I would love to see the district expanded back to 7 teams...even 8.

What is your opinion of adding Van Buren and Gordonsville to Distict 7A basketball? good or bad? Van Buren may be coming..... or what if you went past the time zone and Oneida or Sunbright were added? interesting, but doubtful...

Look at the classification maps on the TSSAA website.

I would love to see the district expanded back to 7 teams...even 8.

G'ville and/or VB Co. are easy possibilites. Good highway access in bad weather is the best reason.(I-40 & 111)

I cant imagine Gordonsville moving to 7A because next year 8A will lose Westmoreland, who is moving up to 2A, I believe which would drop us down to 6 teams, and I also think MJCA will be going DII, i dunno if thats just football or what, but if they go, then that would put us down to 5 teams in 8A. So I cant really see G-ville moving.

Yeah I don't see Gville moving either especially with JC and Clarkrange because they would have no shot hardly at ever really winning a district championship. They're better off competitevly in 8a!

Gordonsville would have to be whipped and tied to move from Cupcake District i mean 8A. They don't want any part of Jackson Co. an Clarkrange but then again who does? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yeah I don't see Gville moving either especially with JC and Clarkrange because they would have no shot hardly at ever really winning a district championship. They're better off competitevly in 8a!

So your saying that our chances of winning the District look to be a little better than yours...according to the tag message at the bottom of your postings.

What this thread has turned into is: bash on G-ville because they dont want to come up here. It would be tougher for us if we had to play against Clarkrange and Jackson County every year I'll admit, but no poster from Gordonsville has gotten on here and implied that we would be scared to move to 7A or dont want to. I simply said it wouldn't make sense for us to move, because our district will lose 2 teams next year when they re-classify which will make a 5 team district. But dont act like if given the chance you (RBS) wouldn't get out of 7A. I dont see why anyone would want to go into that district with those 2 teams, it would be really tough yes, but would also make you better come tourney time. Regardless, if we wanted to move to 7A or not, it's not really up to us.

So your saying that our chances of winning the District look to be a little better than yours...according to the tag message at the bottom of your postings.

Your chances of winning district 8a would be better than us winning district 7a because 8a doesn't have a Clarkrange and Jackson Co who are power houses each year...

No bash on Gville just saying that it would benefit them if they stayed in 8a, and it would benefit our girls basketball team to move to 8a if they could, but to move in girls basketball that means boys basketball, baseball, and softball would all have to move and none of those teams would benefit. I.E. baseball and softball would stay in 7a no matter because it would benefit RBS, in girls basketball RBS would benefit from being in 8a. Same concept for Gville they would benefit from moving in softball and baseball to 7a but not in basketball...I tried to make that clear as I could!