Cumberland County Coaching

JetFan21

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all this is a moot point... no coach in his right mind would take that job after the coaching staff didn't get paid until two months after the season was over last year and they had to miss several weeks of practice this year. Count your blessings that you have the coach you do.

I agree, but there is definetly something wrong with the coaching staff and something needs to be done. Yes, we did improve slightly this season , but that is due to most of the players having experience for having to play so much in previous years. And, that our opponents for the most part having down years. Mark my words if things stay the way they are, that team will be in worse shape next year.

How do you know that the coach's didn't get paid for two months after the season?

I agree, but there is definetly something wrong with the coaching staff and something needs to be done. Yes, we did improve slightly this season , but that is due to most of the players having experience for having to play so much in previous years. And, that our opponents for the most part having down years. Mark my words if things stay the way they are, that team will be in worse shape next year.

How do you know that the coach's didn't get paid for two months after the season?

I just know these things

slight improvement you keep throwing out all these statistics of the last three years but its just cause you dont want people to belive any one but you that your the only one who knows what should be done those statistics it doesnt show the improvement from last year at all. and being truthful the only coaching change that should be done is the OC we have a pretty godd set of coaches that have some experience. and for the volunterr coaches gora and and walker they deserve to be paid they are there everyday and are a vital part to that staff they are only volunteer coaches because they cannot be hired because they do not have teaching lisensure.so they can only be volunteers they are just trying to do what they love and help the kids they love they deserve every bit they get paid. and if you still think the coaches are a joke you are stupid the only reason we competed with franklin county who was much more athletic than us was the coaching and we were disceplined /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It sounds like a "county" problem. No athletes to compete year in & year out. It is going to take time for CCHS to win. Stone Memorial opening hurt them. By the way, Stone is not winning many games either. Not many great athletes in CC. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First of all this is a moot point... no coach in his right mind would take that job after the coaching staff didn't get paid until two months after the season was over last year and they had to miss several weeks of practice this year. Count your blessings that you have the coach you do.

You are probably right about no coach taking the job, but not because of the pay. Ask Gora what kind of gift he got last year? Do you have a boy that plays? If he played under Schultz you would feel the same way. If they did not get paid until two months after the season was over, it was two months too soon. If they would have gotten paid for what they earned they would not have gotten paid at all. What they have taken from the kids, they will never be able to repay.

slight improvement you keep throwing out all these statistics of the last three years but its just cause you dont want people to belive any one but you that your the only one who knows what should be done those statistics it doesnt show the improvement from last year at all. and being truthful the only coaching change that should be done is the OC we have a pretty godd set of coaches that have some experience. and for the volunterr coaches gora and and walker they deserve to be paid they are there everyday and are a vital part to that staff they are only volunteer coaches because they cannot be hired because they do not have teaching lisensure.so they can only be volunteers they are just trying to do what they love and help the kids they love they deserve every bit they get paid. and if you still think the coaches are a joke you are stupid the only reason we competed with franklin county who was much more athletic than us was the coaching and we were disceplined /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Statistics speak for themselves. I believe that anyone that can close their eyes to these statistics are stupid. The people that turned their backs on these boys; that could have made a difference, chose to ignore these statistics. Look where it got them, at the expense of all of these young men. Yes, there has been an improvement, but only because of Mr. Stiles. Walker shows promise. Gora is another story. He has proved himself over the last three years to be a football great wanna-be; he needs to move on. Schultz is not a head coach. Heady, now we know why he has been to so many different schools before coming here. As for paying the volunteer coaches, what part of volunteer do you not understand? Franklin was no more athletic than the Jets. I believe it was a coaching call to pass the ball like we did four yards out. When we tend to do well at something, we never do it again. If we fail at something, we will do it over and over again. The Jets do have talent. We just do not have a coach that can bring it out in these young men. These coaches have taken the Jets to the bottom, the boys even with a good coach will now have a hard time digging out. I wish these boys only the best.

As I said earlier, the improvement is because most of the seniors have been playing significant time since they have been sophmores and that experience has been one reason for the improvement. The other being that the competiton level has dropped drastically from last season. Last year, 7 of the 10 opponents had winning records compared to this year where 4 of the 10 opponents had winning records.

As for the experience thing. Elementary football and high school football are two different ball games! And two or three of the coach's know nothing other than how to keep the players back off the sidelines. And a good coach does not go on the radio and say that the his team is going to lose the game they are about to play. (Yes, that was said in different words, but it was exactly what was meant.)

And for Franklin Co. being so talented, they only won 3 games for a reason.