Marion Co. vs Smith Co.

diehardpurple

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is wrong with you people??? The Marion County/Smith County game is OVER!!! You (Marion County) won - congratulations - but get over it and go on to your next game. So what if the officials did not call the game as you saw it - is that a 1st??? AS I recalled you complained last week. You won last week too, nobody is arguing that point. Go on to the next game. This is not about us - this is about those boys that go out there on Friday night and do their best to support their team, their schools, and their communities. They and the coaches do not get to this point without a lot of hard work and a minimum of 80 hour weeks put into the program.

My main point is that we the fans of the Smith County Owls Football Team, and specifically the Seniors, are so very proud. Cody, Justin, Bear, Carter, Josh W., Scottie, Prentice, Dylan, Josh L, Blake and Logan - we have seen all you grow up. Some of you have been together since Kindergarten and you walked off that field together Friday night - not upset at not winning that game, but knowing that that was the last time you would be leaving "The Hole" in full uniform as the 2008 Smith County Owls. I hope you have as much success, fun and respect in life as you have had on that football field as the Seniors of this year's team. Go Luck in all your future endeavors - you have shown us that you all have what it takes to be a success.

What is wrong with you people??? The Marion County/Smith County game is OVER!!! You (Marion County) won - congratulations - but get over it and go on to your next game. So what if the officials did not call the game as you saw it - is that a 1st??? AS I recalled you complained last week. You won last week too, nobody is arguing that point. Go on to the next game. This is not about us - this is about those boys that go out there on Friday night and do their best to support their team, their schools, and their communities. They and the coaches do not get to this point without a lot of hard work and a minimum of 80 hour weeks put into the program.

My main point is that we the fans of the Smith County Owls Football Team, and specifically the Seniors, are so very proud. Cody, Justin, Bear, Carter, Josh W., Scottie, Prentice, Dylan, Josh L, Blake and Logan - we have seen all you grow up. Some of you have been together since Kindergarten and you walked off that field together Friday night - not upset at not winning that game, but knowing that that was the last time you would be leaving "The Hole" in full uniform as the 2008 Smith County Owls. I hope you have as much success, fun and respect in life as you have had on that football field as the Seniors of this year's team. Go Luck in all your future endeavors - you have shown us that you all have what it takes to be a success.

This is the best post for a newbie that I've ever seen. I think we should leave this season with this post. This thread has been respectful and fun, but it's losing that, so I'm closing it. I wish our boys the best, and hope that Marion Co and Boyd can have a great game.