Carter vs. AC Last Play

MavFan

Well right when I was saying to myself that Carter is a classy team and deserves respect and congratulations on their season, all heck breaks lose. On the last play of the game AC lines up in their victory formation to take a knee and go home. Well Carter decides they have not quit yet, so in a legal but unnecessary play Carter hits the heck out of AC's line, jumps over them to hit the QB. Again, legal, but borderline dirty. Even if they cause the fumble and recover they are out of timeouts and on their own 30ish with less then 20 seconds to play. Well I don't know exactly how it happened but someone did not appreciate that play and there is a scrum. The coaches from both sides come out and separate the two teams and AC is sent off the field for the hike back to the locker room. Well after its over AC leaves the field. AC's coaches are in the middle of the field congratulating the Carter staff and just trying to do the right thing. One of the Carter players THROWS a helmet about 30 yards and it lands 5 feet from hitting an AC coach in the back. I understand that Carter's coach is a very emotional guy and I am sure his team feeds off it. I applaud them for this and I wish at times AC was more like that. However throwing a helmet at an opposing coach, not cool. Carter fans don't even think about getting on here and saying it was an accident. He had the whole field to throw it, heck he had to turn toward the coach to throw it. In my opinion it was an intentional act.

Despite this one incident congratulations Carter on great season, and a heck of a hard fought effort tonight.

In all my years watching football, never seen anything like it. WOW! What if someone would have been hit by the airborne helmet? Was obviously intentional. Should be dealt with on an individual basis, Coach.

That being said. Carter has a very talented running back. Congratulations to Carter for a successful season. Good Luck and God Bless.