Basketball 101

BallKing2008

Is it me or is there a serious lack of fundamentals in the game. I am in the gym several times a week, but where are the kids? The gyms are plentyful in the Knoxville area but they seem to be empty all the time, and another thing they are closed on the weekend. Yes i said closed, closed like in; they are not needed at all. We are better off having all outside courts so that the kids know what it is like to defend and defeat their peers. Maybe we need to go to Memphis and learn a lesson about what it takes to play, to be tough and not to whine about a small touch foul like I see everyone do around here. I must be the only one who feels this way. Maybe I'm out of line. Trust me I LOVE basketball and wished that it would come alive in Knoxville. Lets start from scratch and just teach them the fundamentals of the game. What do you think?

Is it me or is there a serious lack of fundamentals in the game. I am in the gym several times a week, but where are the kids? The gyms are plentyful in the Knoxville area but they seem to be empty all the time, and another thing they are closed on the weekend. Yes i said closed, closed like in; they are not needed at all. We are better off having all outside courts so that the kids know what it is like to defend and defeat their peers. Maybe we need to go to Memphis and learn a lesson about what it takes to play, to be tough and not to whine about a small touch foul like I see everyone do around here. I must be the only one who feels this way. Maybe I'm out of line. Trust me I LOVE basketball and wished that it would come alive in Knoxville. Lets start from scratch and just teach them the fundamentals of the game. What do you think?

I totally agree, I am from a small town in middle tennessee, we dont have many gyms here but my high school coach was just a call away from unlocking the gym anytime, for any player that wanted to work on their game, I believe he understood the same principles that you do but also it is somewhat a lack of kids being motivated or even interested in fundamentals, i mean it is the little things that go the longest way. I went to school with some star athletes but most never made it in college due to their lack of preparation in high school and thats not the coaches fault...you can bring the horse to water, but you can't make him drink it.....

its simple... you are in Knoxville.... and what is the KING in knoxville.... FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL. yall have had some state championship girls teams b/c what is QUEEN in knoxville.... Summit and the Lady Vols. As long as there is such a focus and tradition in football your boys will always struggle b/c Memphis is a Basketball town and always has been.

Maybe with the success of Pearl and staff it can start to grow a little bit but its going to take a looooooot of time.

its simple... you are in Knoxville.... and what is the KING in knoxville.... FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL. yall have had some state championship girls teams b/c what is QUEEN in knoxville.... Summit and the Lady Vols. As long as there is such a focus and tradition in football your boys will always struggle b/c Memphis is a Basketball town and always has been.

Maybe with the success of Pearl and staff it can start to grow a little bit but its going to take a looooooot of time.

Yea sure is looking like football in the king in knoxville, other than the sucky ut team