Lewis County

Stat_pack1

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i heard they started back this monday,ive talked to alot of people from the area and i heard lewis county isntgoing to be down as much as everyone has said they were going to be...i do beleve they did lose alot of talent,but i beleve they have talent replacing talent,could shape up to be a good year,o and why i am thinking of it,is justin sparkman on the team,i heard he was off the team until after chrismas break any truth to this??

I heard is on the team and will be back after the first. Not sure on his statis right now. I'm sure they could use him, but if he doesn't play there are plenty of players to step in, not as big but good attitude. Maybe sitting out this season made him realize that its about team and not just one individual. This year is going to be important to play as team. They have a good bunch of seniors ...good attitude and close. If the younger players can follow their example they should be in good shape.

The more I hear and read I think this group is going to surprise a lot of people. And don't forget.....this is the "cardiac Kids".

As far as my statement the "Cardiac Kids". This group in middle school provided some of the better games to watch. Aged coaches and parents alike. Overtime games, Triple Overtime games, games were they only had 19 yds rushing and won (special teams did the work). Games were they only had 4 offensive plays in half and then exploded for 35 points in the second half. If nothing else they will make it exciting. Don't know if the HS coaches can handle it......lol. They just seem to find a way as a "TEAM".

yes i was at those games,that went into 3ot's and the one that went in to overtime,i have noticed that fairview is the favorite,i heard fairveiw is returing alot of starters from last year,i know it has got the leiws county boys fired up already....does anyone know how many seniors there are going to be for each team??

yes i was at those games,that went into 3ot's and the one that went in to overtime,i have noticed that fairview is the favorite,i heard fairveiw is returing alot of starters from last year,i know it has got the leiws county boys fired up already....does anyone know how many seniors there are going to be for each team??

Not sure on the exact numbers for LSCH, I think around 9 or so, with only 3 full time starters in that group. The rest were very spotty, usually once the game was already decided they would come in. They have some talent, just lack the experience. They diffently have a lot work to do (coaches). As said already, they have lost the entire backfield, 4 linemen, plus kicker. I still think the line..both O/D are going to tell the story.I have seen film on this bunch of seniors coming up, that played together from 8th, the freshman games and "B" team. They do have the talent to surprise. Not sure who is going to be the kicker, but on film the kid that was kicking.....I seen in a bowl game they were playing that he was able to kick off to the 10 yd high and in the air, and what I was told he was only 13.and in the freshman game he actually kicked 2 into the end zone. So if he is still on the team, that is one spot. That is if he is still on the team. I understand that the backs that played then, they only have two still on the team, the QB and running back. It's going to be an interesting year to say the least. Again its going to be up to the seniors leadership I beleive. A friend of mine that knows alittle about these kids said this a very close knit group, both on and off the field, and has been since 7th grade, so that should count for something.

Wow sounds like they lost alot of talent.Yes,i did hear they lost all of their backs.But ive heard they have bad backs in the backfeild this year.I heard they were all good players.I've heard alot about vaughn sparkamn and sherman.I had people telling me,that they will shock people this year.From what i can understand they are great backs.but yes we did lose alot on the line this year.But i beleve Spears,Trull,Mitchell,Crews,And Ammons will step up this year...like i said teams better watch it.This Lewis County team is going to shock some of there teams they will be playing...They better not OVERLOOK them.....Cant Wait til kickoff ha

Funny...

He could be 6'8", have a Favre-esque arm, have a line that is completely unstoppable in pass protection, but completely lost in run schemes, have three 6'10" receivers who run a 4.3 40 BACKWARDS to throw it to and it still wouldn't make Coach Sharp alter his game plan.

well to bad for us we dont have those guys because they would look good running that ol jet sweep, but i gotta take up for coach sharp on this one. you don't have to throw the ball to win. i mean look at trousdale co. they ran the ball 50 plus times yesterday !!!! they won a championship running the ball and they use the same offence. when it all boils down players win ball games because if it was coaching coach sharp would have had 10 state titles by now. So keep doing what your doin coach sharp, dont let people that don't have a clue tell you some crap about throwing the ball, and believe it or not most of you people dont have a clue,and if you dont like that o well thats just the truth.

P.S. most of you could'nt coach a jr. pro team and trying to tell coach sharp to pass thats whats classic!!!

LOL, I am still giggling at that last comment, when it comes down to it, the fans think if what the team is doing is not working perfect..... the coach should be doing the opposite. If a QB is throwing interceptions then the fans scream, "Just Run It!" or in our little town...."THrow the Ball!"

We have been spoiled the past 2 years. Two undefeated regular seasons in a row and we still have those critics who think the players should have about 5 or 6 championship rings on their fingers.

I think that a good coach fits his players together with the plays and strategy that he is comfortable with and knows a way to win with that system. If you run a 1-5-5 defense some people will call you an idiot, and if it doesn't work then the shoe might just fit. But, if you hold teams to less than 6 points a game then you are a "Cotton Picking Genius."

In other, much simpler, words.... You are judged by the win column in your career as a coach. Coach SHarp is Closing in on 200 wins in 20 years as a head coach. So then why does Coach Sharp still have those fans who say he is horrible at what he does, let's just say that there is probably not a real good explanation....or probably jus one not worth hearing.

Lets just see what the team does next year in a new region, with alot of seniors leaving. I bet we do better than lots of people think we will, and it won't be because Lewis County has more talent than the other schools or even an " easier" schedule. It will because they are well prepared and ready for anything thrown their way. And when you witness this next year, you just remember to thank your local miracle man, yes the man you probably tell to throw the stinking ball; Coach Sharp