Scheduling Meeting in Jackson

REDPWR

Dyersburg is too scared to play anybody good. They sure aren't gonna play above their class. Counce is the one who broke up the district because it was gonna be too hard.

Incorrect

Votes against breaking up the district:

Covington

Dyersburg

Haywood

Ripley

Votes for breaking up the district:

Milan

Westview

Gibson Co

Obion Co

Crockett Co

These five schools created a scheduling headache for everyone in the district.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyersburg is too scared to play anybody good. They sure aren't gonna play above their class. Counce is the one who broke up the district because it was gonna be too hard.

Are you kidding me. You must have not been paying attention to the schedules over the past four years. Why would Counce be too scared to play this new schedule. They are only picking up two schools. They play the other six schools every year and have fared pretty dang well, so why would they be scared now. They have even practiced with Milan for the past few years so its not like they have never seen Milan play before. Your comments are nothing but a joke. Look at the facts before you talk about things that you don't know about.

Incorrect

Covington

Dyersburg

Haywood

Ripley

Milan

Westview

Gibson Co

Obion Co

Crockett Co

Nope. Counce is the one who rallied the troops to break it up. "We can't let the TSSAA tell us what to do." -Counce

Incorrect

Covington

Dyersburg

Haywood

Ripley

Milan

Westview

Gibson Co

Obion Co

Crockett Co

the above is the information i am picking up off the wire.....

it appears that coach sisser just wants to stir the pot for whatever reason........and i do know first hand that our AD was against the PODs, and said that dyersburg would vote against it....

dyersburg is not affraid of milan or westview...... we scrimmage milan every year and use to scrimmage westview.....

i was surprised by crockett county......i thought they were going to vote to keep it as is......crockett county has had a very bad injury bug the last several years and that may have influenced their vote...

HEY COACH SISSER....

just got off the phone with coach and he was AGAINST THE PODS......he wanted to play everybody as is....and said we now have a scheduling nightmare.....that is consistent with what the AD said as well......

JUST LIKE RIVERRAT reported in his post.....

Guest nwtnsports

Interesting to see that the four smallest schools - Milan, Westview, Gibson Co. and Crockett Co. - all voted to break up the district. Four of the five largest schools, with Obion Central as the exception - voted against it.

Interesting to see that the four smallest schools - Milan, Westview, Gibson Co. and Crockett Co. - all voted to break up the district. Four of the five largest schools, with Obion Central as the exception - voted against it.

Not that big of a shock to me to see it happen. I am surprised the TSSAA ALLOWED it to happen. By only playing Westview, Gibson Co. & (3?) other teams in the region it give you the flexibility to find games the will bring in big gates each year and also gives a coach a lot more flexibility on his schedule.

Not that big of a shock to me to see it happen. I am surprised the TSSAA ALLOWED it to happen. By only playing Westview, Gibson Co. & (3?) other teams in the region it give you the flexibility to find games the will bring in big gates each year and also gives a coach a lot more flexibility on his schedule.

i really did not even think about that "side" of the argument and i assume that is why the 5 schools voted for the PODS....it def gives you more scheduling options....

i also see the other side of that argument, where dyersburg, haywood, covington and ripley would rather have to worry about 2 non-region games vs 4 or or 5?...

not real sure how the pod system works, especially in selection of teams for the playoffs??????

can anyone enlighten us on how the pod system will work?????? i was just starting to understand the new playoff system with the wildcards????

geesh....