Knox Central's play date is here!

BallKing2008

The day I'm talking about is the meeting of Science Hill and DB, two teams that have been at the forefront of East TN Basketball. Central has taken a bold approach, in that they are willing to take on these two teams and live to talk about it. Has Linwood stepped up on his foot work, and his drive to the basket. His defense is on par, but he needs to put up more shots to become more persistent at it. Dre has shown the ability to handle the ball well, and creates a play when no one else was thinking a play actually existed. There needs to be some of the other players to step up, and get Central in the groove.

Science Hill will bring a hard pressure to the game with the likes of Josh Odom, Chris Smith, Larry, and freshman Jalen Allen, as you can see the list keeps going on and on. Science Hill will deliver the ball to the big man. I hope it doesn't turn into a Layup buffet, and if it does I will be the first in line. lol

DB on the other hand, brings speed, THP will be handing out speeding tickets courtside. The quickness of the Indians will show as they will collapse the defense of Central. Remember they are from the Big 9! It will be a repeat of the Science Hill game. If you don't believe me ask Bearden and see what they say.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that both schools are tops in the AAA ranks. Since it is a tourney sport why play the games you know you can win. Chances are slim of them competing with DB and SHill but hopefully it will help them in district play. I admire them taking those 2 on. I am told the reason they are playing both is because 2 pretty good teams did not want to play both so it defaulted to the home school to schedule them for this event. The starting line up still does not have a senior player so what was 3 frosh and 2 sophs last year is maturing some. Except for district play no one wants to play Fulton either but Central still plays them too and Oak Ridge twice---a coach knows this is probably 5 losses but why be a cupcake player.

Surprise, Surprise, Central actually did better against the Hill than as I expected, but when you have teams of this stature coming to town with their storied past, you step up and give it all you can. Central looked to pull an upset with the lack luster playing of UTC bound Josh Odem. As always the Toppers pulled it out the Hat, and walked away with a W. I give it to Central, and hope that they play like this all the time, because they will be sitting on top.

Dre had a great day, being able to penetrate, and step on a few toes all the way to the hole. Great feats for a little guy who showed no fear as he went into the den of hunger and well fed giants. Hold your pride to the side, because you have 2 days before the Indians come to scalp you. Maybe having that hat wouldn't be so bad after all.

What you think about T. Kelly? That's my little cousin he did good too... Wood let me down but Kelly he stepped up a bunch this year...

I was amazed with the intensity of Central's play. Linwood made too many mistakes, he just needs to settle down, but it got the best of him. I think he knew several people were in the audience, and he was trying to do too much too soon. T. Kelly did an outstanding job of stepping up his play, with several moves that showed he is maturing as the game goes along. I really do look forward to seeing Central move ahead of the pack.

T. Kelly did an outstanding job of stepping up his play, with several moves that showed he is maturing as the game goes along. I really do look forward to seeing Central move ahead of the pack.

Yeah he impressed me too.. I didn't think he would do that good but he did so what more can you say.. And Linwood, he has up and down games.. One game he's the man the next game he's a lil boy... But by the end of the year Brett, Shawn, Wood, and Dre will lead Central to one of their best records ever.

In my opinion, Central weakness is their post game.. Their tall man needs to get a little stronger..

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Central and are you ready for Oak Ridge. This game will be one of the games to pay attention to in the Knoxville Area. Central which has a very talented cast of players will bring their game to the Secret City for a battle of Centrals' up and coming program. Oak Ridge is a battle tested team that has proved time and time again that they are not to be played around with. Central has given DB, and Science Hill a hard time this year, and is on the verge of coming out for their best year ever. Dre, Brett, Linwood, Julian McBee 'Centrals slim post player', will have to come out of the gates running at full speed to match the wisdom, and hard playing players from Oak Ridge. Oak Ridge will have to hold the pint size point from Central from taking over the game, with his constant drive to the basket. Placing some push and bump on McBee will help hold down the quick dump to the Tall man. Dre has to make up his mind when he is on the run to either complete the drive, or give it up, this will cut down on the trash being thrown. Oak Ridge will have to rely on Coffey to have his game, and some quick baskets from their shooters. Oak Ridge should have this locked up, experience does count, but it will be a close one.

T. Kelly will have a big game tonight... I think Central will give OR a run for their money.

T. Kelly did an outstanding job of knocking down a few 3's on Oak Ridge. Central was lead by the 'Slim Giant', Julian McBee who stuffed one straight down, with the crowds going crazy. Linwood just straight out hustled Oak Ridge to knock down a few 3's, and acted as the pump it up man for Central, when things were starting to turn. Oak Ridge could never find the energy, or solution to come back at Central. My hat goes off to the Central team who seems to want it more, and I look forward for this team to reach the top. The star of the team was indeed J. McBee. Over the last year I have watched this kid go from nothing, to a shot blocker and shot caller. Congrats, McBee for a well done job. Word of note Coffey did not play in the game.

I watch Knox. Central Bobcats at Wazoo.com Hoopfest at Knox. Central High School. I watch them play against Science Hill Hilltoppers and Dobyns-Bennett Indians. This team is going to very good this year.

Linwood Holloway going to be the man for the Bobcats. Watch out for big man Julian McBee going to be a beast in couple of years. T. Kelly shoot the three ball very well. Matthews going be a great point guard.

Word of note Coffey did not play in the game.

Aw man, don't rain on Central's parade. With or without Coffey, Central won the game and if Coffey would've played I think Central still would've won because one man can't win a game..

Let's GO Lonsdale, I mean Central.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> That's an inside joke, you wouldn't understand it..

Linwood Holloway going to be the man for the Bobcats.

T. Kelly shoot the three ball very well.

Matthews going be a great point guard.

I agree with you however, Wood's going have to play that way every game. I've seen Central play 2 times this year.. The first game Wood dominated, the 2nd game Wood wasn't himself. So Wood just have to play with fair every single game.

T. Kelly, yeah, he has that 3 shot down just have to make more when he's open. He's going to be a great shooter. And for all you AAU coaches out there, he needs a team to play on so if you need a shooter/defender, please please please hit me up so I can pass on the information to him.

Dre's he's already a great point guard, he's going to go D1 I promise you that..