When Will the Private Schools (DII) have ENOUGH of the TSSAA?

WarriorFan

The more I think about it.....should this board not be more appropriately named the DI-DII Debate board instead of Public-Private Debate ? There are private schools in DI....my kid goes to one. Personally, I am a fan of DI, but I recognize that DII has better athletes overall and plays a more serious brand of football in TN.

CoachT and moderators.......how about thinking of renaming it to a more appropriate name? DI-DII is really about the debate on this board, and would attract more posters....

CoachT and your mods....I do appreciate this website..... I should renew my membership.

I thought about it, too. No.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Common Sense...you make no sense...TSU HAS a stadium on campus....it is affectionatly known as "The Hole"....many an NFL player has set foot on the field. If LP isn't for rent, why does TSU rent it? DII isn't watered down....the whole system of a state championship is watered down.

TSU does not rent LP Field. They are use it as a result of the terms the State of Tennessee placed on funding the building of the stadium with public funds (Bonds issued to help build it).

here's my suggestion--since all parties would definitely agree that it is better to play on Saturday after the meat of the college football season is over (traiditional clinic bowl/BCB date) than it is to play a championship game on Tuesday of a holiday week at 6:00 PM, then how about we alternate who plays on Tuesday? If this conflict arises again with MTSU, then it will be d1's turn to play on Tuesday (which would be Tuesday of this week), while the D2 folks can have an open week (when MTSU's field is in use) Thanksgiving weekend, and play the champ games on Saturday of the 1st week of december (desirable date).

If as Indian says this isn't a big deal to play on Tuesday, then why would it matter to the D1 folks to switch to Tuesday next time. They'd be happy to do it and wouldn't complain a bit unlike us babies and whiners in D2. How would that be unfair to anyone? In fact it would still balance out to D1 as we've now done this twice.

So why wouldn't this be a fair way to settle things?

or here's another solution--Vanderbilt's season now ends with Thanksgiving weekend. Justifiably, they don't want to have their field torn up in the middle of the season by high school games (back when they had artifical turf, it was different).

So, why can't D2 hold its title games on Saturday of the 1st week of December in Nashville, the same time as the D1 play-off games, at Vanderbilt. Obviously, D2 is a fit with Nashville while Murfreesboro, home of Riverdale High School and the original proponents of the split, are ambivalent to D2. They have no "walk-up" interest. People of Nashville--home to MBA, BA, FRHS, EHS, BGA, and roughly, JPII--would be more likely to visit a legitimate local downtown setting to attend a championship game than drive 30 minutes to Murfreesboro for the same. Plus VU's season would have ended, thus mitigating the argument that the field need remain intact. Given the deep ties between D2 schools and VU, this would probably cost nothing and could be arranged easily, as well as generate more dollars for the charities supported by these games.